As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Crota's Beginning: Fundamentally Unlike Disneyland.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have played a butt ton of Crucible and have gotten two MIDA's, my Last Word, an Icebreaker, and a Hard Light from there. Plus a handful of ships.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    Finished a Crota hard mode tonight and finally got the 2 primaries I was missing in Word of Crota and Abyss Defiant... only thing lacking now is getting a crux and i'll have all weapons from that raid.

Did you guys finish off the NM Crota we started last week (Tuesday I think)? I haven't really able to be on much so not sure if I missed it or if it didn't happen.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    Finished a Crota hard mode tonight and finally got the 2 primaries I was missing in Word of Crota and Abyss Defiant... only thing lacking now is getting a crux and i'll have all weapons from that raid.

Did you guys finish off the NM Crota we started last week (Tuesday I think)? I haven't really able to be on much so not sure if I missed it or if it didn't happen.

as far as I know it didn't happen, but I guess other folks might have this weekend? It wasn't mentioned here anyway.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

as far as I know it didn't happen, but I guess other folks might have this weekend? It wasn't mentioned here anyway.

@twmjr @The Dude With Herpes

We didn't finish Crota, if you guys can get on soon we could do it? Shouldn't take long

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    Dajoran wrote: »

All I need now is a Word of Crota and I never have to set foot in that HM again...

All I need now is £100,000,000 and a Gjallarhorn.

Because apparently, saying things on this forum makes it come true a few hours later.

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »

@twmjr @The Dude With Herpes

We didn't finish Crota, if you guys can get on soon we could do it? Shouldn't take long

I could probably hop on in a few minutes. Wife will be home in a sec, so I should be able to be free for a bit.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Strong work, buddy! I miss the crucible.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Thanks to a ragtag group of Monday night Arcadians - in the raid group and in chat - for two Crota runs that were a lot of laughs, as usual. I even got my helmet, the last thing I was missing on my Hunter! I love this look.

xg60o5hlmgu6.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Got a legendary pulse rifle and a legendary....warlock hat. Womp Womp, oh well, i'm sure i'll level one of those at some point. Both dropped inside of 30 seconds fighting trash for tears on Mars.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Thanks to a ragtag group of Monday night Arcadians - in the raid group and in chat - for two Crota runs that were a lot of laughs, as usual. I even got my helmet, the last thing I was missing on my Hunter! I love this look.

xg60o5hlmgu6.jpg
    Any reason that you stuck with the starter cloak?

• Options
    I wish I had held onto my Hunter starter cloak. It's pretty much the only way to not have a big honking cape.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Some people enjoy the sleek ness of the little rag

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/OhJZR5mlNlI

Hunter grenades are the best, especially tripwire.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

xg60o5hlmgu6.jpg
    Any reason that you stuck with the starter cloak?

I usually wear the Strength of the Pack cloak, as it's white-and-gold and wolfy, so it matches the rest of my Hunter's look. But I love how the CE helm looks on its own. It's like a sleek, oversized Exo head, and it glows. A cloak covers the interesting geometry of it.

Mostly, I like the starter cloak because it gives a Hunter a really unique look. It's like, you almost look like a Warlock, but more sleek?

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/OhJZR5mlNlI

Hunter grenades are the best, especially tripwire.

Sounds like a drumroll. Heeeeeere's Crota!

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Mostly, I like the starter cloak because it gives a Hunter a really unique look. It's like, you almost look like a Warlock, but more sleek?

I really regret dismantling my starter cloak, but there's no way I'm deleting a character just to get it again. Wish you could buy it from the special orders vendor.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Did one last hard mode Crota before reset in the morning with my warlock and finally... FINALLY, got the helm for him as well as the speeder from Crota (had 3 from VoG already) and my 2nd 4th Horseman (which is now a shard)

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I wish I had held onto my Hunter starter cloak. It's pretty much the only way to not have a big honking cape look awesome as a Hunter.

Fixed.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    I'm going to level with you guys. I need a reason to come back. I don't see any motivation because I have done everything in the game so damned much, and the normal "hang out and enjoy incredibly fun gunplay" itch just isn't there.

I still remember that itch though. I want to have it again. Help me.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Well, for no other reason than "gotta catch em all", I've now got a full set of VoG weapons. All aren't leveled up, obviously, but it's nice to know that the set is now complete.

I'm lacking a few Crota Weapons, but they aren't primaries, so I could just do Normal runs I suppose for those. Need Swordbreaker, Light of the Abyss, and Hunger of Crota. However, I do need the helmet still for my Hunter and Titan, so I guess I'll keep on the look out for Hard Mode runs now and then.

Exotic weapons that continue elude my grasp consist of Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, and Necrochasm (another hard mode Crota item).

Bring on the reset.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Triple burn Archon Priest fellas!
    Or Void burn if you only want to do the weekly.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Triple burn Archon Priest fellas!
    Or Void burn if you only want to do the weekly.

And I still have no Void primary! Grrrrr

• Options
    Mmmm... Something weird happened during the Nightfall.
    We kept being stuck in the Breach The Hatch part, where we sniped the vex in the Ketch valley.
    After each first wave, we got "Breach the Hatch" again, and I had to reopen the door with the ghost and everything started over.

One time we didn't snipe from up top, and then the second wave promptly killed us :lol:

Maybe something has changed in the strike?

• Options
    Hmmm... this recurring first wave for the Breach the Hatch is being reported on Reddit also. Looks like it might be to prevent the snipes from above.

Way to get round this, kill all but one Vex, run down to shotgun him, next wave starts, run back up and repeat.

Reddit hive mind foils Bungie again.

• Options
    Yeah, apparently it is some anti-snipe thing they patched :eh:
    They could've made it simpler and make it so that when you run down, it spawns the wave, instead of kicking you back to the breach the hatch part.
    It is however, a good way for farming Vex Majors though...

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have no idea why they would implement that when one: the vex have a ton of snipers themselves
    and two: it's literally impossible to fight a triple burn nightfall face to face

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    With that many majors spawning over and over... New cave of wonders?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I love Bungie's approach to cheese. Let's stop the people from cheesing rather than looking at why the players are cheesing in the first place...

Anyway, I want to try sniping from the platform on the ketch instead, see if that works. Edit: Someone already tried it on Reddit, it doesn't.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    With that many majors spawning over and over... New cave of wonders?

New exclusion zone is more like it. Vex Majors galore.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure that being able to snipe the Vex as most people did before is now considered a "bug".

I've always considered it to be a bit dull to just snipe them from far away, so I tend to be the guy down there who activates the door and who always seem to forget about the 3 Vex sniper guys that spawn in my back...

Sirialis on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    how safe is it to run and snipe from the Ketch? Does that also cause the reset? Does Bungie NOT want me to play outside Team Motorboat Kitten & Sunday Best? Also, @Sirialis , Flawless Raider was on NM not HM so it doesn't count. Besides, I don't die THAT often. I just generally take a face full of shrieker death blasts. Remember though, those blasts, by killing me, can't kill anyone else!

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    I'm just starting a run on PS4 now. Please join me in progress if you're interested.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Wow seriously? They nerfed sniping for that bit?

Do they just regret putting guns in this game, or what?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Is it just burns and no Lightswitch/Angry/Juggler?

Edit: also do the Blades not spawn as frequently anymore or what?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    Is it just burns and no Lightswitch/Angry/Juggler?
    You are correct.
    Nocren wrote: »
    Edit: also do the Blades not spawn as frequently anymore or what?
    I honestly haven't seen a blade spawn since the update. I've been going to the Fist of Crota mission when I need to kill one.

• Options
    No Angry or Juggler, but with Triple Burn it may as well be Lightswitch.

But seriously, I think Nightfalls can only have five modifiers, and two of those are always Nightfall + Epic - so when it's triple burn, nothing else can be added.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I'm sure that being able to snipe the Vex as most people did before is now considered a "bug".

I've always considered it to be a bit dull to just snipe them from far away, so I tend to be the guy down there who activates the door and who always seem to forget about the 3 Vex sniper guys that spawn in my back...

Yeah, in my groups I've always on the ledge where those three hob-bobs start wave 2, so I don't think I would even notice this change.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if the change to the 3-wave portion of the strike was intended or not. It wasn't in the patch notes.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Anyone on XB1 or 360 want to run Nightfall(s) tonight? I'll probably hop on around 8:00pm EST.

This discussion has been closed.