As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Zombie: Back Tonight? Sure Final Season?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    So one thing I was not entirely clear on.

were the mercs already on team z? Or did they become team z and just roll with it?
    They were on team z the entire time. There was a subtle hint in the early part of the episode. None of the romeros show any interest in attacking her despite the fact that she was right next to them. I noticed it and though it was a continuity error at first. Felt really dumb when I was completely blind sided by the big reveal.

That does make sense. It also explains why she seemingly brought a ton of fire power and had a team of killers standing by.

I'm still heart broken about Drake though, and the hot FBI agent, give me time, give me time.

I have to give iZombie credit, they made that whole "I can't tell you" thing like 90% tolerable. Clive really needed to just lay out that he couldn't tell her, they both are way more than smart enough to realize that happens and it doesn't have to stop the break up as that's not a completely crazy reason to break up with somebody.

Though why they hate awesome relationships eludes me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go with "because they only signed that actress for one season"

• Options
    Well with the three awesome people they're doing that to they should really maybe rethink that.

Well, maybe not Steven Weber as he was getting old and not easy to transition but I would have loved for Leanne Lapp to stick around as a reluctant member of Team Z.

• Options
    Well with the three awesome people they're doing that to they should really maybe rethink that.

Well, maybe not Steven Weber as he was getting old and not easy to transition but I would have loved for Leanne Lapp to stick around as a reluctant member of Team Z.

agreed on the last point

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Too soon man too soon.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Not that Steven Weber wasn't great, just that his story kinda fittingly ended, destroyed by this dangerous thing he tried to harness.

Rita still had places to go, not least what happens when she gets out from Daddy's shadow while still having to contend with his influence on her (zombification or otherwise.)

• Options
    I'm just still dealing with loss ok, evil Brian was on par with Mr. Boss for total sociopath. And with Blaine having some kind of amnesia its hard on the show for leading male villains /firstworldvillainproblems

Speaking of things that are hard on dudes, Ravi didn't even get like two days in a row with Peyton. Poor ravi.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Heh evil Brian.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    How is the thread title not "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little undead"?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Because that's not how the song goes!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Not to mention Rob Thomas is dead man. Have some respect!

Also things they get wrong about seattle... we don't have a court house like that, King County district court is just a tall building next to a bunch of bums.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    iguanacus wrote: »

Right, but it's a play on the song title for thematic and comedic purposes.

Like naming a cyber cafe for dog owners "Muttbowl Surfers."

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Damn this show for being over.

Flash is sucking and I don't even have IZombie to cheer me up after.

Delmain on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

I don't think anything will reach the level of 'Meat Cute'

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

what uh

what is the joke

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016

what uh

what is the joke

A 'meet cute' is slang for the awkward first meeting between love interests in romance movies or shows.

Also i am ashamed it took me until now to realize Muttbowl Surfers was a play on the band Butthole Surfers

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

what uh

what is the joke

A 'meet cute' is slang for the awkward first meeting between love interests in romance movies or shows.

Also i am ashamed it took me until now to realize Muttbowl Surfers was a play on the band Butthole Surfers

Just like when Blaine and Liv first met, there was this crazy misunderstanding where Blaine turned her into a zombie.

• Options

Or Shady Plots funeral home.

Or Filmore Graves.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Or Helter Shelter, that's my favorite one.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Liv Moore?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I thought it was common knowledge that nearly the names were hokey puns/wordplay.

Blaine deBeers (Blame the beers)
    Major Lilywhite (Just... that)
    Ravi Chakrabarti (Check her body)

One of the episodes, every generic guy was named after a Seattle Supersonic.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Huh, I never interpreted Ravi's last name as any kind of pun attempt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So yea, the proof being that Rob Thomas is really into puns. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Plus all the Rob Thomas mentions.

sig.gif
  • Options

And consider all the episode name gags like "Pour some sugar, Zombie," "Salivation Army," "Abra Cadaver," "Fifty Shades of Grey Matter," etc.

Given the nature of wordplay on this show, I say again, this thread should be "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little undead." Since undead and unwell share the same prefix, and Liv and Major and a bunch of other people are undead, and since it's what Rob Thomas would want, if he hadn't had his brain eaten by a zombie.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Hollywood isn't big enough for two Rob Thomas'.

"Yes, Rob, why don't you cameo on my show iZombie. Nothing bad will happen, I swear. :twisted:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    He could've been call Rob Zombie Thomas.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    this finale was so good!

i just looked up the comic and it seems like a pretty loose inspiration. they might well stick with the science-supernatural angle instead of spiralling off into were-terriers and ghosts. i would prefer it, honestly, as engaging with a single scary zombie plague and its consequences is plenty of material and we don't want it overstuffed.

glad they seem to be delving into
    people with power seeing zombie-ism as basically a formula for superpowered immortality, and how that will play out. it's easy to imagine an undead empire ruling over human cattle.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    The logistics
    of a zombie empire don't seem great -- I mean, you need a LOT of human cattle.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I'm surprised no one seems to be researching the question of, "so why do zombies need brains in the first place, and can we find a substitute?"

• Options
    I'm surprised no one seems to be researching the question of, "so why do zombies need brains in the first place, and can we find a substitute?"

Well you have to think of the people researching this its basically ravi and he's doing it from a cure standpoint only. We don't know what not blackwater lady has been doing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    The logistics

It's a good thing
    you're invincible, immortal, super-strong and can absorb the knowledge of your foes!

For reals though, it would probably be easier to maintain a tightly controlled zombie shadow government and zombie strike force (who wear really good helmets), and just feed off regular human death - a zombie outbreak is bad for everybody, and why not keep the power to yourself? Probably for decades, too. Unless you have some ideological superhuman superiority thing where you want to maximize the number of zombies for some reason, or you want to solve mortality and injury by maximizing zombies.

After all, a world where everyone is an immortal zombie and scientific means have provided synthetic brain food sources and ways to continue breeding would be pretty dope, maybe. Of course, if someone objects and nukes your infected country you just get... radioactive zombies... so, Fallout....

• Options
    The logistics

It's a good thing
    you're invincible, immortal, super-strong and can absorb the knowledge of your foes!

For reals though, it would probably be easier to maintain a tightly controlled zombie shadow government and zombie strike force (who wear really good helmets), and just feed off regular human death - a zombie outbreak is bad for everybody, and why not keep the power to yourself? Probably for decades, too. Unless you have some ideological superhuman superiority thing where you want to maximize the number of zombies for some reason, or you want to solve mortality and injury by maximizing zombies.

After all, a world where everyone is an immortal zombie and scientific means have provided synthetic brain food sources and ways to continue breeding would be pretty dope, maybe. Of course, if someone objects and nukes your infected country you just get... radioactive zombies... so, Fallout....

Well there is the negative side effect of not being able to feel things anymore. That would probably become burdensome after a time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The logistics

It's a good thing

Well there is the negative side effect of not being able to feel things anymore. That would probably become burdensome after a time.

I know real life people who mostly can't eat things that don't contain chilli. Zombism would be a minor additional inconvenience.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    The logistics

It's a good thing

I know real life people who mostly can't eat things that don't contain chilli. Zombism would be a minor additional inconvenience.

I mean, you say "additional...."

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Not sure if it was known, but it looks like the show's not going to be back in the fall. No new episodes until 2017.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/19/cw-fall-schedule-supergirl-on-mondays-riverdale-izombie-and-the-100-midseason

And Rose McIver wants to do a musical episode.
    http://www.justjaredjr.com/2016/05/18/rose-mciver-wants-a-full-musical-episode-of-izombie/

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Who ever wrote that article for IGN needs to take a second to do spellcheck. Sooooo many spelling mistakes and words beingstucktogether.

• Options
    Yeah turns out you don't need to know shit about a thing to talk about media online. Who knew!?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    God dammit DC.

I try not to be a Marvel fanboy, but you guys have Arrow & Gotham chugging along, and Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, & Supergirl aren't exactly amazing properties. But you soft cancel iZombie and hard cancel Constantine which were both amazing shows!

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    God dammit DC.

I try not to be a Marvel fanboy, but you guys have Arrow & Gotham chugging along, and Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, & Supergirl aren't exactly amazing properties. But you soft cancel iZombie and hard cancel Constantine which were both amazing shows!
    CW is starting to try out the Big Boy pants of being a full network, but not committing their lineup to it. They have 15 shows, but they're only sticking to M-F, which limits their options. If they decided to go after Sunday and Saturday as broadcast days as well, there wouldn't be as many issues with juggling their shows.

sig.gif