As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    so, genocide crush does stupid damage
    one explosion overkill oneshots the boss, and there are like 10 explosions

as if chaos needed another skill that one shots things

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I love these growing weapons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dutEyhmq8

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    +10 growing revolver on my ranger isn't enough, i need +13...

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So... where am I supposed to level after iced wall? The next epic I get has asinine costs involved.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    spam the nearest special dungeon until you're out of its level range

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ugh frost cave. In particular, the boss takes forever to kill and Smoke is basically instadeath.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    if its the suppressed dragon anger / capsule epic, iirc that leads into the early ghent quests
    you might have to hit 56 to get new epics if you don't want to spend the gold

ok i looked into it you have to clear up to the suppressed dragon anger quest to get ghent epics but you don't have to actually do complete it (but it will block urgent quests while uncompleted) so you only need to hit 55

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ugh frost cave. In particular, the boss takes forever to kill and Smoke is basically instadeath.

Do it with 2-4 people. You get fewer items, but more exp. Easiest way.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    if its the suppressed dragon anger / capsule epic, iirc that leads into the early ghent quests
    you might have to hit 56 to get new epics if you don't want to spend the gold

ok i looked into it you have to clear up to the suppressed dragon anger quest to get ghent epics but you don't have to actually do complete it (but it will block urgent quests while uncompleted) so you only need to hit 55

Hmm, got that quest line at 54 actually. Of course, fuck the mats. Seriously, fuck that choice of mats. Piles of chaos stone debris before you have the daily for them. (At least that market ought to crash hard as people level)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    sorry, i was unclear - you get suppressed dragon anger as a part of the sparazzi chain at 54, and get ghent at 55. supposedly ghent outskirts epics are conditional on clearing some of the sparazzi chain but you shouldn't have to complete suppressed dragon anger and get screwed over by the capsule rng

• Options
    edited April 2015
    sorry, i was unclear - you get suppressed dragon anger as a part of the sparazzi chain at 54, and get ghent at 55. supposedly ghent outskirts epics are conditional on clearing some of the sparazzi chain but you shouldn't have to complete suppressed dragon anger and get screwed over by the capsule rng

Nope. I've gotten up to the capsule rng and Ghent is open, but no quests.

What level was the debris daily? (I've no shortage of cube frags since my nen is running disassembler at least) I really want a reliable way over that hill by the time I get my knight to it...

Edit: Okay, that's two capsules failed now. And by failed I mean they gave me oxidized substances, so... is that actually failure?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    oxidized substances were selling for like ... 500k a piece, which is substantially more than the cost of the mats to make a capsule.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    oxidized substances were selling for like ... 500k a piece, which is substantially more than the cost of the mats to make a capsule.

Yep. Needed one for another epic in that line though. Still, profitable.

I'm assuming I got lucky, because markets normally stabilize around expected values.

Oh well, my nen is over the hump and clearing out Ghent now. My knight is fucking loaded and I'm not planning to do awakening on her right away (because the passive isn't anywhere near as good as Nen's and the active doesn't offer me anything at 50 really...)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    yeah that's pretty lucky

although everyone i know has been able to complete that quest without getting screwed by RNG

but if the price of the capsule is that high then someone somewhere must be

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    yeah that's pretty lucky

although everyone i know has been able to complete that quest without getting screwed by RNG

Retries run... 1 white cube (meh, a couple runs will give enough trash to get it from clears), 20 chaos debris (fuck that), and... 10... I think hardener (bleh, but not awful). The majority of the cost is debris and since I hear there's a daily for 25 at a time I expect that to drop.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    the price of debris has plummeted since the first wave of new chars hit dailies

they used to be like 20k

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Ahahaha... EK is just cheating in the tower of the dead. Super armor with massive damage reduction+2000%+ damage to anything that hits you. AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, just opening any troublesome floor with the boar into a chain rush combo to wipe everything out.

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I want to be Knight or Chaos. They both sound awesome...

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Knight is more technically demanding. Can do some batshit insane stuff. So can chaos I hear though.

Edit: To be clear - the chain rush mechanic is... tricky. You can unload a metric fuckton of death in a very short window with it, but right now Chaos is probably stronger than that without effort.

Also, Knight has like eleventy billion skills. I've got so many at one point because utility or unlock. I'm probably going to have to drop something else too... I dunno. (But the dumb shit is stuff like vines to yank things in, boar to stun them all, overwhelm and disarm to debuff them, sentence to prepare massive burst... and then on chain five you drop pulverize for eleventy billion damage. This can take as little as like, five seconds. Probably longer though if you want to be sure of the link timing)

I hear Chaos can buff up, walk into boss room, and then use some cube skill to delete the boss three times over?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    I like my Elven Knight atm. I would consider making a Chaos too, but at some point I have too many characters...

• Options
    chaos can one shot anything until anton raid i heard

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    And now I'm at Ice Wall. M Grappler progressing along nicely. Sad/funny part is I could also be playing Skyforge right now but DFO is just more fun. :razz: :smile:

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    E. Knight awakening Get :)

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    E. Knight awakening Get :)

Not to be left out, I went ahead and did that quest too. (At level 57, it's... kind of silly easy, and by that point I was only short 10 helm seals and 40 debris on the mats needed, so it was relatively cheap)

Also, getting a new shield for it is kind of cool. +10 all stats? Mmm...

Of course the biggest benefit is just being able to grab the level 60 skill :P, because the passive is terrible and the active is just more burst on a class with metric fucktons of burst already (I mean, most bosses lose half their half just to a disarm>overwhelm>sentence>deer chain... before I continue into Verdant>Pulverize)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    I heard the passive is good once you get to like 70ish and the duration is really long.

• Options
    yeah that's pretty lucky

I got mega screwed by this quest on my chaos btw

I now have 4 suppressed dragon angers and nothing I can use them for

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    yeah that's pretty lucky

I got mega screwed by this quest on my chaos btw

I now have 4 suppressed dragon angers and nothing I can use them for

The oxidized substance part I assume?

Yeah, it's kind of ugly the first time through. Thankfully once you get a character to East Ghent you get the daily for 25 chaos debris and can start banking a pile for awakenings and that quest.

EK has now passed my nen at 58. Three levels to target, then I'll probably stop playing her for a while and focus on my nen again... it's kind of stupid how fast a +9 dragon zanbato breaks things. Like, a boss I need a minute to down on my nen (with a +2 level 55 purple) I can take in like 15 seconds and 8 attacks or so (not counting chain rush hits, which do deal decent damage... but stacking debuffs, sentence>deer, and finishing with pulverize, verdant, and other big hits and it melts fast). The boss in question is South Gate (the mech thing) though, and I can't Suplex Thunder it, which removes a lot of my DPS (since doppel blast, shield, and roar are much longer cooldown than cannon and suplex). It's also really deceptive where it is on the Y axis, making it hard to align Air Walk and Tiger Chain (which are both good for 2500%+ magic damage on reasonable cooldowns and costs to fill between my bigger stuff). On the upside, I can kite the fuck out of it and stuff.

• Options
    this is not my first time through so i easily have enough materials for it

but i mean, it's not even worth doing, since by the time you get it you're like 25% of a level from ghent

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    There's a maintenance today and new events!
    - Tau Kingdom Dungeons and Event
    D2 cow level tribute. Level 40+. Up to two runs a day per character. Enemies drop Awakening Materials at a high rate, as well as event items that you can trade for consumables.
    - Get Pinky! Event
    Increased drop rate for boss uniques
    - X3 Legacy Pot Event
    CEO replaces Danjin, and sells his pots with increased unique/legacy item odd
    And supposedly, they stated that Hell Mode and level cap increase are coming Soon™ on the maintenance twitch stream. F. Slayer Soon™ too.

Also, Thief subclasses just got their second awakening in kDnF. Still looking at the Rogue balance changes but they sound good to me.

P10 on
  • Options
    I miss danjin's siblings.

• Options
    ultimate difficulty means my EK runs out of mana ~4 rooms in
    i blame ron

• Options
    I was worried I wouldn't have anything I wanted from the taus after the perm.

Then I tried the potion. And oh god it's glorious.

• Options
    Potion?

• Options
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Potion?

Mecha Tau potion. It's silly, I'm fairly sure you're outright invincible, and you just start maiming everything.

• Options
    give me f slayer i need a main char to play

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I'm still not sure what my 'main' is going to be. There's so many upgrades to existing classes as well as what I decide I want to bring to a group when inevitably the content shifts that way. If anyone in the thread needs any information on the existing classes and what they can offer I am more than glad to talk at length about where the game is now.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    if they are going to drop F.Slayer when OBT2 ends i would expect them to start dropping fairly obvious hints in the next week or so
    i think F.Slayer + increased level cap would be a great patch for the 'official release' and they've said that those things are coming soon, but at the same time i am pretty content to level alts forever

P10 on
  • Options
    if they are going to drop F.Slayer when OBT2 ends i would expect them to start dropping fairly obvious hints in the next week or so
    i think F.Slayer + increased level cap would be a great patch for the official release and they've said that those things are coming soon, but at the same time i am pretty content to level alts forever

Yeah. Do we expect the next batch of avatars tomorrow, or...?

Also, EK just hit 60! I have no idea how the fuck I'm supposed to remember all my skills. I have like seven skills now I only use by command... (my bar is reserved for the normal things I chain rush and backstep, basically).

Thank god for custom inputs though, so I can put my grab on <>Z and such. Not that I ever remember I have points in it.