As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Wifi card in a laptop

Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My wife's laptop (An Asus with AMD's Turino mobility stuff) has always had random disconnects from our wifi network. The card in there is an Atheros chip, AR5006EG I think. Either a simple "Repair" works or it really dies and the system needs a rebootI have another laptop with an intel pro 3945 and it has no disconnects, so I thought I'd just replace her chip with an intel one I bought and all would be fixed.

Problem is, the card seems to not recognize at all when windows comes up. No Found New Hardware wizard or nothin. The instructions say "Non-Centrino not supported" or whatever, does this mean the chip looks for centrino and doesn't activate when there's no centrino shit found or what?

How can I fix her atheros to not fucking disconnect all the time if I can't get this intel chip to work?

Edit: Found out the real name of the atheros chip.

Locust76 on