As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Test Your Might [Mortal Kombat X Thread]

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cassie and Kotal are definitely the coolest new characters so far

Scorpion is the best overhauled old timer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I'm a little bummed Sub-Zero seems to have been thrown under the bus a bit

But Scorpion's reboot as a brooding anti-hero is

well look, its not original, but they're doing it very well

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Sub-Zero got his time in MK9 where he, well they I guess, were one of the best and most surprising plotlines of the game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    That's true!

Sub-Zero(s) were really good in all aspects in MK9

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    it looks like the next issues will will fokus on SubZero

and him holding up Hanzo's head before his frozen family was pretty badass

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »

Yeah and I also forgot there is a scene in one of the trailers where Cassie's team goes to the Lin Kuei for help and SZ appears to be in kommand

• Options
    also Tarumbar you have failed to understand the nature of the K

its only at the beginning of words, not in the middle!

• Options
    My favorite dumb hope for this game
    Is that the reason Liu Kang hasn't been unveiled yet is because he has gone dark side and is the big villain of the game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    phew, OK, that makes things easier

I really wanted to write iced instead of frozen in my previous post

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Is that the reason Liu Kang hasn't been unveiled yet is because he has gone dark side and is the big villain of the game

That would be way more awesome than the other one I've heard bandied about
    Havik, who as a disciple of kaos or whatever is kausing all of the konflict

• Options
    Elaboration oh my dumb hope
    Since the whole big plotline of the MKX comic revolves around evil daggers that possess people and make them go evil I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up staying that way or at least that corruption ends up being a major theme

And Liu Kang has been NOTICABLY absent from, well, everything despite being the third most prominent character in the franchise. Like, not name dropped once in the comic, not revealed along with Kung Lao and Johnny and Sonya and Jax and all of his other allies

Just total absence

So either he's dead or they're hiding something such as EVIL WARLORD LIU KANG

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

That would be way more awesome than the other one I've heard bandied about
    Havik, who as a disciple of kaos or whatever is kausing all of the konflict
    I doubt it
    He was just revealed as the big villain of the comic

But it is a prequel and chances are his whole story will be taken care of by the time the game's story starts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah, khaosrealm is something that is decidedly unpopular with a lot of the fans so I doubt that makes it into the game.
    Since the whole big plotline of the MKX comic revolves around evil daggers that possess people and make them go evil I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up staying that way or at least that corruption ends up being a major theme

And Liu Kang has been NOTICABLY absent from, well, everything despite being the third most prominent character in the franchise. Like, not name dropped once in the comic, not revealed along with Kung Lao and Johnny and Sonya and Jax and all of his other allies

Just total absence

have you looked a the full reveal of whats in the kombat pack
    It includes a skin for lui kang. A classic skin. Implying he will look significantly different

• Options
    I don't know if he will be the big bad, but I have the feeling he will be a significant part of the game and will be a bad man

• Options
    Yeah, khaosrealm is something that is decidedly unpopular with a lot of the fans so I doubt that makes it into the game.

Just total absence

have you looked a the full reveal of whats in the kombat pack
    It includes a skin for lui kang. A classic skin. Implying he will look significantly different
    Well
    Don't, like, Scorpion and Sub-Zero and whatnot also get Klassic Skins despite having their traditional looks in the game? I'm guessing Klassic means, like, MK1 attire

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The klassic skins for the ninjas just means they take away all the stuff that makes them unique and have them have the very plain colored ninja garb like the early games

But yeah I more meant it was
    confirmation he is in the game

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I've never really played Mortal Kombat (had MK3 for SNES, but I just mashed) but I am tempted to get this one for Personal Komputer

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    The klassic skins for the ninjas just means they take away all the stuff that makes them unique and have them have the very plain colored ninja garb like the early games

Oh I didn't even think about that

Then
    yeah he's gotta be evil

I don't think they'd have him just be the big bad's second in kommand

I am expecting Liu Kang: War-Emperor of Outworld, causing a similar alliance to what is happening in the comic right now

I doubt Kotal and his pals would have gotten so fleshed out if they were gonna just be the bad guys and that just leaves, what, Quan Chi? And he's definitely not gonna be the big bad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Then
    yeah he's gotta be evil

I am expecting Liu Kang: War-Emperor of Outworld, causing a similar alliance to what is happening in the comic right now

I doubt Kotal and his pals would have gotten so fleshed out if they were gonna just be the bad guys and that just leaves, what, Quan Chi? And he's definitely not gonna be the big bad
    Isn't
    Shinnok the big bad?
    At least the first one
    If the game is the size of MK9 there are bound to be multiple

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I've never really played Mortal Kombat (had MK3 for SNES, but I just mashed) but I am tempted to get this one for Personal Komputer

@DaMoonRulz if you do, I would suggest watching the story mode stuff for MK9.

it would only take a few hours and give you everything you need as far as who are these people and what the hell is happening

Bedigunz put it in the OP even!

• Options

Then
    yeah he's gotta be evil

Isn't
    Shinnok the big bad?
    At least the first one

You fight him in the very first chapter, Johnny's chapter

So probably not

• Options

Then
    yeah he's gotta be evil

Isn't
    Shinnok the big bad?
    At least the first one
    Shinok is in the game and probably one of the main antagonists but looked to be getting vanquished or something in that trailer

Plus having it look like Shinok is the biggest villain and then SURPRISE LIU KANG MOTHERFUCKERS is a super MK story path

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I've said this before, but I agree with Blank
    There is a 100% chance Lui Kang is in and he is going to be a bad, bad man. If not the big bad of MKX, the big bad future of the franchise.

And it's gonna be GREAT.

• Options
    Ah okay, I was just going by the ending of MK9
    where Shinnok and Quan Chi were set up as the big bads
    and also the daggers in the komic

though I expect him not to be the final big boss, it seems a bit off if he gets beaten already in the first chapter

• Options
    So this is kind of a weird thing but its something I like about MK so I'm going to run it down real quick

Race Breakdown of Announced Human Characters in MKX:
    White: 4
    African American: 2
    Asian/Asian-inspired: 11

I know its based on kung fu movies and all, but that's really, really cool to me

Even the monster races have a lot of variation and aren't just "slightly grotesque human"

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    MK9 spoilers
    They made a really, REALLY big deal about how Liu Kang was king shit of fuck you mountain in terms of badassdom, and even in the original timeline it took Quan-Chi AND Shang Tsung(if I'm remembering correctly) to actually kill him.

It took his greatest nemises, AND THE DUDE WHO KILLED THE ENTIRE LIN QUI(sp), FOR FUNSIES to bring him down.

Shinnok and Quan Chi(And Millena) are going to be the opening villians, for sure. But I'm pretty damn sure Lui Kang is going to be the "final chapters" villian.

Transporter on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

@DaMoonRulz if you do, I would suggest watching the story mode stuff for MK9.

it would only take a few hours and give you everything you need as far as who are these people and what the hell is happening

Bedigunz put it in the OP even!

I have and really liked it. I would get MKX just for the story mode, based off of 9,

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have this Pre-ordered for Xbox one.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I should probably preorder this

Gotta get Goro #gottagetgoro

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    #gottagorofast

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I should probably preorder this

Gotta get Goro #gottagetgoro
    Wait I'm confused

Do you not want fatalities described because they are gross or because you don't want them spoiled?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Fatalities exist only for that exact moment where you and all your friends in the room can go "OH FUCK" and then you never think about them again cause gaaaaaah

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Well if it helps, in MK 9 everyone had two so

My guess is at least that in this one, especially given that they blew up the number of finishers with brutalities

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Has any MK boss ever had a multiple version battle - like where a character changes to a more powerful form between round 1 and 2? Because:
    An evil Liu Kang would be insane that way - beat him once and he goes into full dragon transformation.

• Options
    I don't believe so, no

there are usually two separate bosses

• Options
    Speaking of which

its cool they've fleshed out Goro

I like that they gave him a bit of personality

also, glad they picked him and not motaro, who is dumb

kintaro is cool though

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Cassie and Kotal are definitely the coolest new characters so far

Scorpion is the best overhauled old timer

I was about to say something when I realized Johnny hasn't been overhauled at all so he doesn't count.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

Fatality_9d2e61_991923.jpg
    :?:

• Options
    Johnny has evolved as a person

But he's still Johnny

Like, having a daughter definitely has had an impact on him, but hasn't changed who he is