As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the weakness of western [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    NASCAR: "We will not embrace nor participate in exclusion or intolerance," said NASCAR, which is based in Florida and North Carolina. "We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our sport and therefore will continue to welcome all competitors and fans at our events in the state of Indiana and anywhere else we race."

Starbucks: (SBUX) The coffee chain was the latest big name brand to publicly condemn the law on Monday.
    "We join with others opposing any state or federal legislation that permits discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and encourage policymakers everywhere to embrace equality," Starbucks said in a statement.

Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy: Malloy took the unusual step Monday of signing an executive order forbidding state-funded travel to Indiana, saying his administration is "sending a message that discrimination won't be tolerated."

Apple (AAPL, Tech30) CEO Tim Cook: In an op-ed published Sunday, Cook said such laws are "very dangerous" and contrary to America's founding principles.
    "On behalf of Apple, I'm standing up to oppose this new wave of legislation," wrote Cook, who came out as gay last year.

Angie's List (ANGI) CEO Bill Oesterle: The proposed campus expansion project in Indianapolis is "on hold" following the bill's passage.

PayPal co-founder Max Levchin: Opposing the law is "a basic human decency issue," Levchin told CNN.
    "I'm asking my fellow CEOs to look at how they're thinking about their relationship with the state and evaluate it in terms of the legislation that's getting signed into law," he said.

Yelp (YELP) CEO Jeremy Stoppelman: Yelp will "make every effort" to expand its corporate operations in states that do not have such laws on the books. "These laws set a terrible precedent that will likely harm the broader economic health of the states where they have been adopted."

Salesforce (CRM, Tech30) CEO Marc Benioff: The law is an "outrage," he said, and that his company will "dramatically reduce" its investments in Indiana.

Eli Lilly (LLY): "We certainly understand the implications this legislation has on our ability to attract and retain employees. Simply put, we believe discriminatory legislation is bad for Indiana and for business."
    Eli Lilly employs more than 11,700 workers in Indiana, mostly in Indianapolis.

NBA, WNBA, Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever: "The game of basketball is grounded in long established principles of inclusion and mutual respect. We will continue to ensure that all fans, players and employees feel welcome at all NBA and WNBA events in Indiana and elsewhere."

NCAA: "We are especially concerned about how this legislation could affect our student-athletes and employees."

Gen Con: The people that run the video game convention said the law would "factor into our decision making on hosting the convention in the state of Indiana in future years."
    Gen Con brought 56,000 people to the state last year, according to CEO Adrian Swartout.

#rekt

#riggityrekt

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Goobers

Florida time

is happening

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    @Regina Fong I didn't know Cruz drank from the birther kool-aid! That's great!

Isn't it though?

Republicans are already trying to spin this as "Oh, so now liberals care about eligibility!" Like we're the bad guys.

No, douchebros, liberals care about pointing out the disgusting mind-blowing hypocrisy, as always. We aren't contesting his eligibility like you did with Obama. We're just reminding you how stupid it was then and how you are deliberately ignoring it now that it's your guy.

And that just stings so much they have to make up a story about how we're so mean.

This is spite for what happened with W. winning the 200 election. They think they're doing the exact same thing that the Democrats did.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    washington and montana making a pact

no longer will idaho keep us apart

You got that skinny part at the top, you could just build a bridge over that, yea?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Isn't it though?

Republicans are already trying to spin this as "Oh, so now liberals care about eligibility!" Like we're the bad guys.

No, douchebros, liberals care about pointing out the disgusting mind-blowing hypocrisy, as always. We aren't contesting his eligibility like you did with Obama. We're just reminding you how stupid it was then and how you are deliberately ignoring it now that it's your guy.

And that just stings so much they have to make up a story about how we're so mean.

This is spite for what happened with W. winning the 200 election. They think they're doing the exact same thing that the Democrats did.

W did not win the 2000 election

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I like the idea of states boycotting other states

I would like this to continue and deepen, as states form alliances and band together against frenemies

Skippy are you familiar with the civil war?

more on a high school, mean girls level

Let's be clear: that is exactly what the civil war was.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    florida so lonely

won't someone be in my state clique
    Atlantis will be welcoming you with open arms, I'm sure.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    So these people with deeply held religious beliefs will also decline to do business with anyone breaking other aspects of Levitical law?

no, see, when jesus came he made it so we only have to listen to the old testament rules that are convenient for us

Look, I hate to rain on the parade here, but

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

It's in the New Testament too. It's not just Leviticus.

In fact, it makes more sense that it's drawn from the New Testament (with a foundation in Leviticus), because you don't get all the silly don't touch a thing that a woman on her period touched.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

I would like this to continue and deepen, as states form alliances and band together against frenemies

i can't wait for the next civil war to be rebranded as the war of liberal homosexual aggression

at least we'd be fucking ourselves

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I have to say I'm really disappointed that a law like this is something that a state level official can even get away with writing, much less passing and signing into law, but I'm also really proud and a little bit surprised at how loud and unanimous the backlash against it is.

• Options

Isn't it though?

W didn't win the 2000 election in the same way that Obama wasn't born in America.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    florida so lonely

But on the plus side, Aquaman will mop up those pesky meth folks in short order.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

what I thought it was about states rights

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i think the issue is that people are more than happy to ignore the bits of leviticus they don't like

you don't get to do that

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Northeast alliance begins to form. No one wants to let in New Hampshire. New Hampshire reminds everyone else that while they might leech on our infrastructure, we rely on them for our cheap vacation homes and purchase of hilariously dangerous fireworks. They are allowed in on the condition that they are not invited to smaller, more intimate parties.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

I totally disagree with this because it implies a kind of "both sides were just as bad, both sides at fault" bullshit

when a clique of high school mean girls literally make slaves of a substantial number of other students and rely upon those slaves as their primary store of wealth and economic output and make that slaveholding a vital part of their culture and personal identity then AND ONLY THEN would what winky is saying make sense

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Damn, that's hot.

Are you sure this was Jesus telling us not to be gay? Because it makes me want to have sex with men.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    workin that dick so hard its unseemly

receiving recompense all over their faces

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    So these people with deeply held religious beliefs will also decline to do business with anyone breaking other aspects of Levitical law?

no, see, when jesus came he made it so we only have to listen to the old testament rules that are convenient for us

It's in the New Testament too. It's not just Leviticus.

In fact, it makes more sense that it's drawn from the New Testament (with a foundation in Leviticus), because you don't get all the silly don't touch a thing that a woman on her period touched.

no one is disputing jesus doesn't want us to hate the gays, man

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Northeast alliance begins to form. No one wants to let in New Hampshire. New Hampshire reminds everyone else that while they might leech on our infrastructure, we rely on them for our cheap vacation homes and purchase of hilariously dangerous fireworks. They are allowed in on the condition that they are not invited to smaller, more intimate parties.

*REVS MOTORCYCLE IN THE DRIVEWAY, COCKS SHOTGUN*

LIVE FREE OR DIE MOTHERFUCKERS

*CRASHES INTO TREE*

• Options

I totally disagree with this because it implies a kind of "both sides were just as bad, both sides at fault" bullshit

when a clique of high school mean girls literally make slaves of a substantial number of other students and rely upon those slaves as their primary store of wealth and economic output and make that slaveholding a vital part of their culture and personal identity then AND ONLY THEN would what winky is saying make sense

Yeah, like I said, exactly like high school.

• Options

Isn't it though?

You know what I mean, he technically won the election. That's why we had President George W. Bush from 2000-2008, rather than President Al Gore.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    on the one hand, it's cool that the electorate of Indiana is facing some backlash for voting in Republicans

but on the other the elected Republicans in Indiana aren't any worse than the ones in Texas or Kansas or any other red state

That's true, but I bet this causes a lot of those Republicans to pause for at least a second before trying the same thing.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Isn't it though?

W didn't win the 2000 election in the same way that Obama wasn't born in America.

but

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Isn't it though?

Ehh - W did not win the Popular Vote, at all.

It is questionable if he won enough districts in Florida legitimately to have won via the college.

W won by an election of 5-4, supreme court, voting on party lines.

Which is fine - he won. The whole thing was a total clusterfuck and we really needed to move on and get things going.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    new hampshire has some truly insane state government people

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

Yeah, like I said, exactly like high school.

yeah I mean

what kind of high school did you go to riemann

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Ok it made me feel important for a minute but now you can take the notification to me out of that quote tree

@Harry Dresden @RiemannLives

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    florida so lonely

BBoutrageous19.gif

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

virginia invited to the mid atlantic ball

don't bring your little brother, he's ... off

• Options
    new hampshire has some truly insane state government people

my friend works in the governor's office there

he has stories

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

*CRASHES INTO TREE*

It's kind of great having a lunatic libertarian dystopia in spitting distance. It's a fun place to visit.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    also, i lived there for 20 years

i think i turned out alright

• Options
    edited March 2015

Isn't it though?

You know what I mean, he technically won the election. That's why we had President George W. Bush from 2000-2008, rather than President Al Gore.

he was appointed to the presidency by the supreme court. not elected.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    it's amazing how terrible NH is when VT is so pleasant

poo
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    state governments tend to be sub-3rd world country tier, yeah

or maybe that's just the south

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Isn't it though?

Ehh - W did not win the Popular Vote, at all.

It is questionable if he won enough districts in Florida legitimately to have won via the college.

W won by an election of 5-4, supreme court, voting on party lines.

Which is fine - he won. The whole thing was a total clusterfuck and we really needed to move on and get things going.

not only did the supreme court decide it, they knew they didn't really have the authority to decide it which is why the decision is "well we're making a call here but REALLY DON'T EVER DO THIS AGAIN THE SCOTUS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO FOR REAL"

just like Hobby Lobby "well sure we're giving catholics the ability to overrule the religious freedoms of their employees but FOR REALS THIS ISN'T SOMETHING WE DO SO DON'T DO IT IN ANY OTHER CASE"

• Options

virginia invited to the mid atlantic ball

don't bring your little brother, he's ... off

let's be real here

VA not invited

also VA too librul to be in the south anymore

nobody wants VA

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

*CRASHES INTO TREE*

It's kind of great having a lunatic libertarian dystopia in spitting distance. It's a fun place to visit.

Maine goes it's own way. Promptly breaks down in to a series of interclan wars.

This discussion has been closed.