As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We finally have free time to work on our [Gunpla] Thread

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Whelp, the latest spree saw the purchase of the chubby guison, the guison rebake, graze ein and chars zaku. Already built carta (not that that kit just sat around for a while...) and graze ein, love em both already. I don't have a problem, you have a problem.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I definitely have a problem

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I definitely have a problem

My problem is the lack of a Revive Harry Ord's Sumo.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    NEWEST GUNPLA HAS ARRIVED!

cwyq2gil5baw.jpg

LETS DO THI....

crt6v7g9rbvr.jpg

Oh shit.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    That reminds me that I need to keep an eye out for Star Wars kits this weekend.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    What's happening this weekend?

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    What's happening this weekend?

San Diego Comic Con.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    NEWEST GUNPLA HAS ARRIVED!

cwyq2gil5baw.jpg

LETS DO THI....

crt6v7g9rbvr.jpg

Oh shit.

Let me know if it's any good. I've had my eye on those kits for a while.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I have the 1/72 X-wing and the R2/BB8 kit and both are super highly detailed and very well made.

Heffling on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I got the 1/72 A-Wing and it is awesome.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

I neeeed it! The A-Wing is my favorite Rebel ship!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, haven't posted in a while due to being busy with summer classes and this language program I'm in. But I've just added two new (relatively) rare figure sets to my MSIA collection. When I saw these for the price I got them for I couldn't hesitate. These are two really cool sets, and I always like getting character/ace variations of the Zeon suits.
    ni3jt8jcgslx.jpg

Also may have my first Gunpla post in August, girlfriend and I are going to build two kits together. I'm waiting on her to choose one she likes. I'll probably do a GM. I'm thinking of painting them as well rather than just doing a straight snap build.

GET.jpg 325.8K
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Is there a B-wing kit? And how cost prohibitive are they?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Is there a B-wing kit? And how cost prohibitive are they?

Not yet. They just announced the TIE Interceptor though.

After the Y-Wing I definitely want an A-Wing and also hope they do a TIE Bomber.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    yo if you're attending SDCC, please PM me as there is a piece of merch that I really desperately want from Kidrobot X Street Fighter.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Pro Tip. This Y-Wing is not for the faint of heart. Jesus these pipes. I am using glue here and there as well.

Also I had to paint the pilot since he/she is pretty integrated into the build.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Looks like the entire thing needs paint and weathering. It's not like most Gundam kits, which can look good with some panel lining and topcoat.

• Options
    That's pretty much just the ascetic of Star Wars, everything being worn and dirty. Doesn't lend itself to the same methods as Gundam.

• Options
    Bandai announced a P-Bandai Exclusive accessory set for the upcoming RG Sinanju

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2016/07/p-bandai-exclusive-rg-1144-sinanju_19.html
    Expansion Set Includes:
    - Damaged Sinanju Head
    - Beam axe effect parts x2
    - Rocket Bazooka x2
    - Hand parts, grip hands
    - Colonel Daguza Mackle 1/144 scale figure

It's 1944 yen, which is as much as or more than some kits alone.

I'm already getting the RG Sinanju, but I don't think I'll spring for this. I like what the main kit comes with, though that little figure is pretty cool if you've watched the show. It's from a great moment.

• Options
    The RG Sinanju + extra parts will cost almost as much as the MG Sinanju.

• Options
    The thing that has me going for the RG is the separate gold parts. As far as I can tell, all the other kits use decals to achieve the gold/black separation, while the RG has gold-colored parts and cutouts for the black parts for all of that.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Pro Tip. This Y-Wing is not for the faint of heart. Jesus these pipes. I am using glue here and there as well.

Also I had to paint the pilot since he/she is pretty integrated into the build.

Pilots that aren't their own separate piece(s) is a pet peeve of mine.

In other news I may have time to work on my GM this weekend. Yaaay!

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh shit.

Hey now, complete this kit and you'll be ready for battleship kits!

• Options
    Basic Weathering complete. Now I'll move on to detailing.

8pcpjajcxi9m.jpg

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Ah, dammit

somehow in between obsessively checking google every couple of weeks since spring i missed the preorder period for the Robot Damashii Ex-S at the beginning of this month

it's still available at a couple places, but a lot more expensive

i might.. bite the bullet anyway, it's the only robit i was really looking forward to this year

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Fuuuccck. This looks so good in person. Now I need to get the A-Wing.

• Options
    What did you do to weather it?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Renzo wrote: »
    What did you do to weather it?

I did some basic panel lining with a micron pen first then bascially coated the whole thing in one of my old 40k washes to just grunge it up a bit then added some basic burn/oil streaks with some brown and black paint lightly drybrushed on. The R5 was just red paint and a very fine brush.

Took maybe an hour total?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It's not technically gunpla as it is Bandai but I finally finished stickering and painting my bb8 and r2d2.

4A9ACDCF-CA13-4214-B5AB-C0FD9F57C6CF_zpsddwunjsx.jpg

They were really fun to make! I'm tempted to get some money together and give the millennium falcon a go.

• Options
    If there are any star wars gunpla nerds in Austin, I have an old Millennium Falcon model, about a foot and a half long, assembled and glued, but totally unpainted, unweathered, undetailed. It's yours for free.

It would need to be unglued and cleaned before any real work could be done on it.

PM me if you're interested.

• Options
    The Bandai Falcon is 1/144 so it is in scale to HG Gunpla!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Is that BB-8 doing the thumbs up?

• Options
    Yes, the kit comes with all the panels needed to have them closed, or open and showing their equipment. So you can have R2 with his buzzsaw out, for example.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    J6zw1wi.jpg

So this dude is pretty rad

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Nice video here of a Y-Wing build, with some weathering and other techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbNOybmfYY

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    J6zw1wi.jpg

Oooo name please?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I got Gundams.
    i70tpyd54s5h.jpg
    9sk9holjoh1c.jpg

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    J6zw1wi.jpg

Oooo name please?

Omnimon/Omegamon, from Digimon. Good luck finding the kit, I think I might have found the last one in all of damn creation. Been out of production for a couple years now.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    1/350 Scale Gypsy Danger and Cherno Alpha model kits are finally coming from Max Factory.

No price yet, but projected release date is December and there are LEDs involved from what I've seen.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Nobody wrote: »
    1/350 Scale Gypsy Danger and Cherno Alpha model kits are finally coming from Max Factory.

No price yet, but projected release date is December and there are LEDs involved from what I've seen.

Needs paint, looks like.

Bandai spoils me.

chiasaur11 on
This discussion has been closed.