As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We finally have free time to work on our [Gunpla] Thread

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Not nearly round enough

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    there are models the flat, sumo, and kapool out there but they're pretty old

probably unlikely that they'll make scale models of the wadom due to its size

figure wise the robot damashii line has both
    the regular kapool
    kap+box+front.jpg

and corin nander's kapool
    4843568674_ce6624a994.jpg

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I was surprised to find the Flat and the Sumo at a local V-Stock and no other kits

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I was surprised to find the Flat and the Sumo at a local V-Stock and no other kits

I've got those two. They're from '99, same as the very first HGUC kits and about the same level of quality. I'd say the FLAT is worth picking up if you find it for a reasonable price. The design allows for decent articulation, and the transformation more or less works, even if the other mode is ridiculous.

The Sumo is a bit less impressive. Worse articulation, plastic feels worse, and the sprue marks are much more obvious. Only worth it if you really need Harry Ord's mobile suit.

(I did.)

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    What is Robot Damashi?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    What is Robot Damashi?

A line of high price, high detail action figures focused on mechs.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    AKA The only way to get a good Leo figurine because Bandai hates them as much as everyone else apparently.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    AKA The only way to get a good Leo figurine because Bandai hates them as much as everyone else apparently.

And even then you need an accessory kit if you want the damn thing to have a neck.

Leos makes the Ball look like the Turn A.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Leos don't have necks.

speaking of.

8m3yJZX.jpg

behold 3d printing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I was always frustraited when I looked for Leos, Aries or the Virgo suits. I even made a point to search every shop in Japan when we would stop for gas or RnR in okinawa.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure Leos don't have necks.

speaking of.

8m3yJZX.jpg

behold 3d printing.

wait, what do you mean 3d printing

are those bandai kits somebody replicated through printing them, or are they 100% custom made?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing that's a tallgeese > leo conversion kit with 3d printed head and armor parts

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The gun in particular looks real rough

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think that particular gun was more of a test run before they committed to something more expensive.

Anyway, I went on vacation to visit Disney World. I've heard of the Epcot drinking around the world tour so I decided to try it out. Some time later I found myself at the Japanese pavilion and as it turns out the store there had some gunpla and before I knew it I was taking home a Crossbone X-1 and a high mobility Zaku II.

Of course, when I got home it turns out I also received a package in the mail, my HLJ order came in from when I bought a bunch of high mocks and weapon packs.

I think I have a problem now.

• Options
    Yeah, I think that particular gun was more of a test run before they committed to something more expensive.

Anyway, I went on vacation to visit Disney World. I've heard of the Epcot drinking around the world tour so I decided to try it out. Some time later I found myself at the Japanese pavilion and as it turns out the store there had some gunpla and before I knew it I was taking home a Crossbone X-1 and a high mobility Zaku II.

Of course, when I got home it turns out I also received a package in the mail, my HLJ order came in from when I bought a bunch of high mocks and weapon packs.

I think I have a problem now.

Yeah.

It's going to be tricky to figure out what to build with all of those Hi-Mocks. So many options!

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I've built one and put as many of my builders parts in any polycap joint I can find.

Dakka-Mock.

• Options
    11887969_412858085582246_2737323996707809913_n.jpg?oh=a997016f402478bebce7a3d447dea4cf&oe=563BCD10
    10999971_412858095582245_4352064165739399467_n.jpg?oh=6a136ef8541d7151d596983622813275&oe=56386823
    11891211_412858108915577_2623430243963614669_n.jpg?oh=52e499947d9b42ed13b8ced91ca1b5d7&oe=56722ED1

more here

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    BRB getting some Zoid models and modding them...

('cause, ya know, I don't already have enough models in my queue...)

• Options
    So, Status update:

MG Full Armor Unicorn Ver Ka is built, and also is a beast. I have a huge project in mind using the chain hanger bases to build a display for him with literally a wall holding the weapons behind him. It will take me at least a month to complete, and realistically around 3 months.

Current projects: HG Astray Red Frame Flight Unit - I love this kit, and it's the test kit for my MG Astray Red Frame Kai. So far, I've primed and airbrushed all of the red parts, now working on washes and lining. Next up are the white parts, which I'm sorely tempted to do in a silver or iridescent/pearlescent light gray instead of the normal white. Details will go out after those, such as pipes, pistons, and other metallic parts and details. Then seal, sticker, seal, and done.

After that, I'm working on the big brother. That's another month plus project.

In the mean time, I keep picking up fun HG kits and knocking them out with basic panel lining and decals. Really a nice break from the serious stuff.

Peace out my brothers! I will post a shot of my fully painted Montero soon.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I'm guessing that's a tallgeese > leo conversion kit with 3d printed head and armor parts

Yeah; dude over on SA has been reporting his progress with it for a while in their GunPla thread.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Hmm... I want to get a Zaku II kit, but I can't decide if I want to go with the Real Grade or the Master Grade...

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Crossbone, like the F91, is tiiiiiny.

But it looks really good once its inked.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Hmm... I want to get a Zaku II kit, but I can't decide if I want to go with the Real Grade or the Master Grade...

Actually, the HGUC line has a really great Zaku II F2, that comes in Zeon and Feddy colors.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Actually, the HGUC line has a really great Zaku II F2, that comes in Zeon and Feddy colors.

And if you want Char's Zaku, there's the new Origin version.

Or, if you don't mind waiting, in October there's going to be a Black Tristars version with a giant fuck-off axe.

The origin version is just a great kit. Not a real grade, but much more detailed than your average high grade.

• Options
    The Gaia/Mash Custom is also really nice.

• Options
    I wanna get a Zaku II FZ and
    take it on a trip here because I'm a terrible person

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I can't tell if that's some kind of mayo-based spread or a bleu cheese-spread on the Sleggar burger

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's something fans of Gundam Build Fighters Try might want to get.

o3LFBWr.jpg

It's coming out in November in HGBF-grade.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If you like Gunpla, Gundam Build Fighters, etc and you're looking for a 3DS game, look up LBX. It just launched in the US. It's kiiind of Gundam Build Fighters Try: The Game.

It's getting like zero attention, but it seems like it's really good! And it's by Level 5 if that does anything for you.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    If you like Gunpla, Gundam Build Fighters, etc and you're looking for a 3DS game, look up LBX. It just launched in the US. It's kiiind of Gundam Build Fighters Try: The Game.

It's getting like zero attention, but it seems like it's really good! And it's by Level 5 if that does anything for you.

It is getting buzz as the eshop has a bunch of ads for it Nintendo's 3ds site as ads for it and it's the topic of current discussion in the 3ds thread in G&T

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

It's also on sale on Amazon, for the low low price of 39.96, saving you a whole three cents off MSRP.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oku643xl.jpg
    I have a GM problem

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    It looks like you've found the GM solution.

• Options
    Oku643xl.jpg
    I have a GM problem

Yeah, seems like you don't have enough GMs.

(Really hoping they get around to either a real grade or a revive version of the original, since the first HGUC is... kind of crap. Like, on the crappy side even by 1999 standards.)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Speaking of, I'm seeing a place that's selling those really old GM Command kits (both types!) for rather cheap and I'm more than a little bit tempted to just order a ton of them.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    Speaking of, I'm seeing a place that's selling those really old GM Command kits (both types!) for rather cheap and I'm more than a little bit tempted to just order a ton of them.

The HGUC or the even older ones?

Either way, it's an okay kit. I've heard the older one is actually pretty impressive for the time. Meanwhile, the HGUC is early and not that great, but it's not total shit either. Just, you know, from the era before double jointed elbows, ball jointed shoulders, the nice plastic, double neck swivels, clear beam sabers...

It shows its age.

• Options
    Yeah, the old HGUCs where the shoulder joints are a peg that's attached directly to the torso and the beam sabers are a single piece.

I got a Gelgoog Marine from the same era a while back and I figure if I'm going to do something as dumb and irresponsible as making a faceless grunt squad I may as well do it on the cheap.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Whoops. I ordered a RG RX-78-2 and it arrived today!

Then while cutting a piece for a leg I broke it so now I have to wait to get some real plastic glue to continue.

The little Core Fighter is cute though!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.