As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yes but it ended with him getting taken off the air/fired on the spot.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well I've adjusted the title accordingly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Yeah he signed with Fox. They didn't fire him a decade ago when he blatantly plagiarized, so they didn't really give a shit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I'd make a positive comment about the mariners for the title, but seeing as they are about to dump their entire team to probably the fucking astros I have no positivity.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Fired when his ass is already out the door...oh ESPN, we know you still lack balls.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Yeah they are mainly clearing out personalities that cost more than the lowest dollar. Cowherd, Olbermann, Simmons. Its clear whats going on.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The Rockies had to pay some of Tulowitzkis salary in that trade to the blue jays

$6

Literally 6.00

What

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

This is a great decision, but sadly I think the new writers are equally retarded. I would hope that this would mean the guy the DH of the year award is named after could get in, but he still probably won't because reasons.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Angels have been busy this month filling in holes. More so than I expected after their GM quit at the beginning of the month, but they can now ditch all their left fielders they have used this season after getting Shane Victorino from the Red Sox, David Murphy from the Indians, and David DeJesus from the Rays without giving up any players that would have seen any MLB time with the Angels in the next couple years in the process. Not bad. Also bought Connor Gillaspie off the White Sox which has been a serviceable replacement for David Freese at 3B while Freese is on the DL.

But hey, I no longer have to see Matt Joyce in the lineup with his .178 average, so any of those three new outfielders to the team will be better than him. He has been a complete bust and I would rather they had kept Kevin Jepsen in the bullpen instead of trading him for Joyce during the offseason.

Hopefully Trout doesn't have to go on the DL. He is sitting out the game today to get an MRI on a sore left wrist that he landed on trying to catch a ball on Sunday.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Watch out Freese, Gillaspie is after your job. Already has a double, a single, and 2 RBIs in the first two innings tonight.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    The Rockies had to pay some of Tulowitzkis salary in that trade to the blue jays

$6

Literally 6.00

What

Covers the postage for a certified letter from Toronto to Denver overnighted, best as I can tell.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I can basically say to complete lack of surprise Rockies got squat for Tulo.

*grumble*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I can basically say to complete lack of surprise Rockies got squat for Tulo.

*grumble*

to be fair this hoffman kid was gonna go 1st overall before elbow surgery. he's still got a high ceiling

e: was POSSIBLY gonna go first

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Looks the Blue Jays are going all in. First Tulowitzki, now Price.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Yeah I wonder if they'll get Kuma for magic beans, the mariners are done, another failed year to capitalize on the previous years success just like every other god damn year since 2001.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Thanks, Brad Ausmus!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I at least can appreciate in the mariners season of suck us beating the tigers for two games of a four game set was a low point for the tigers.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The whole season outside the first 10 games has pretty much been a low point. Because Ausmus sucks, mostly. Also the roster is pretty old, but whatever. Scapegoat the manager.

• Options
    At least your team has that. The mariners on paper have everything they need to be an above .500 club. They just aren't. When the hitters are on the pitchers suck, when the pitchers are going lights out the hitters fucking suck. And its not just the rookies or the vets, its the whole fucking team.

At least we'll get rid of Jack Z though that won't solve shit, they'll toss lloyd even though its not his damn fault, kuma will be gone as well anyone who's contract comes up this off season and they'll probably end up trading Felix to the red sox.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I see a lot of the 'scapegoat the manager' shit going on Angels pages too despite being within one game of the division leader, after holding said division lead for a little while. People still be like 'oh no, we are in a little slump, Mike Scioscia has to go!'. Of course now after trading for three aging outfielders people are all like 'WTF interim GM?'. I think at the worst we will still get a Wild Card spot but people like to freak out over every little thing even when we are still firmly in the division race.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    My heart bleeds for the angels... You have wonderkin mike trout. I HATE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    In our case it's more he has shown manifest incompetence in managing a lineup or a bullpen.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I still think the Astros are going to wake up from their dream one of these days, so I feel like Angels fans are really jumping the gun if that's their opinion during a slump in late July.

But I suppose I understand insane fans well enough. After all, the frothing-at-the-mouth Jon Daniels-hating Nolan Ryan-worshiping Rangers contingent never fails to supply the DFW metroplex with a plethora of batshit crazy hot takes.

orthancstone on
    Pins!
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Padres manager takes some players out to trollolol everyone:
    http://deadspin.com/padres-manager-pulled-his-players-to-screw-with-everyon-1721140995

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Preacher you'll be glad to know we got some sucker to actually give us something for Ackley. A couple AAA players.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Preacher you'll be glad to know we got some sucker to actually give us something for Ackley. A couple AAA players.

Yeah I knew about this from one of the few mariner fans at work, we all got a chuckle he'll have to shave that awful beard of his. And I'm sure Ackley will go on to get a world series ring after hitting the game winning homer in game 7 over the st louis cardinals, but he would never do much of anything for the mariners.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Happ and Wolverine (lowe) are gone for magic beans. Mariners full on rebuild for the forseeable future as they always are post 2001.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Tigers firesale continues with Cespedes.

• Options
    Angels have lost 5 in a row. Wilson might be getting season ending surgery. But at least we have an excessive amount of 33+ year olds to platoon in left field!

Actually Wilson being out for the rest of the season isn't a major setback as pitching depth is one of the Angels strengths right now and Weaver is about to come back from the DL. But the offense needs a boost. Trout and Pujols can't do it all, every night. I would have rather they had gone after Cespedes instead of Murphy, Victorino, and DeJesus.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Okay, enough with this losing streak. Swept by the Astros and the Dodgers, okay. But tonight they start a series against the Indians. There is zero excuse to lose a series against the Indians.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    This day in ass-whoopin' history:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdyeWgsa_R8

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    God I always love that. Isn't Nolan Ryan like 48 years old and Robin "Jesse" Ventura a 20 year old brat or something then?

edit: Looks like 45 and 26, close enough.

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    I think Ventura starts running out there, and about 4 steps in realizes that it's a terrible mistake, but can't back down.

And then he gets punched in the face like 7 times by a man 20 years his senior.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tigers fired Dombrowski. Weird timing.

• Options
    Tigers fired Dombrowski. Weird timing.

Well you'll get Jack Z back soon...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    I think Ventura starts running out there, and about 4 steps in realizes that it's a terrible mistake, but can't back down.

And then he gets punched in the face like 7 times by a man 20 years his senior.

Yeah, it's like he gets out there, is like "wait I don't actually know what I'm doing. I'll just gab onto him and we'll get pulled apart soon." and Ryan is like, "Nope!" and gets him in the headlock and starts mashing him.

Good stuff.

• Options
    This is why I always liked Randy as a pitcher, no one even extremely angry, is charging that sour faced giant who can throw a 100 miles an hour.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That and the pants-shitting he gave Kruk

Pins!
  • Options
    Apparently in spring training the mariners hated him more than anyone, he learned his accuracy facing him to their detriment.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.