As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its not like its that big a deal the cards are what 15 games over .500? Yeah my heart bleeds for your team...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Damn, apparently when I wasn't paying attention Texas crawled its way out of the basement of the AL West. No, that is a bad Texas. Get back in the basement, no one said you were allowed to come out and play.

(She/Her)
    edited May 2015
    Alright Angels, keep this up. Second inning so far against Detroit the Angels have four hits. All four have left the yard.

edit: Damnit Navarro, you had to go and ruin it by getting a single.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Damn, apparently when I wasn't paying attention Texas crawled its way out of the basement of the AL West. No, that is a bad Texas. Get back in the basement, no one said you were allowed to come out and play.

I think most people probably missed the fact that Texas was red hot in May due to how far in the hole they were at the beginning of the month. Rangers have been playing like a brand new team.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Twins with top record in the AL. Just recording this for posterity.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Zep sounds like an interesting person.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

Does the slash indicate either of the items will suffice or both?

steam_sig.png
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Does the slash indicate either of the items will suffice or both?

Rickey's request has an "or" so I'm going to rule that the slash is an inclusive "and".

Pretty exciting!

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Not really baseball, but college softball is super stressful to watch. Not quite single elimination hockey, but close.

(Go blue)

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Ah, so we get this Sanchez today.

Psn:wazukki
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Ms get Trumbo and a pitcher from the Diamondbacks for Castillo and a bunch of minor leaguers.

Edit: One of the prospects the Ms gave up was Guerrero.... ewwwww.

Jubal77 on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still smiling at the "windians" hash tag.

That is great.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Ms get Trumbo and a pitcher from the Diamondbacks for Castillo and a bunch of minor leaguers.

They gave up Leone who was terrible this year, though to be fair not a lot of bright spots in the bullpen.

Today they are going to lose to Erasamo who was awful as a mariner and never made it the full 6 without giving up the farm. I assume he'll pitch a complete game shutout and the mariners will lose 2-0, this losing streak is going to go to at least 10 games with 2 more blown saves from Rodney.

I don't want to fault Lloyd but that he keeps bringing Rodney in to close when even on a good save night he gives up at least 1 fucking run its maddening I dropped the mariners from my espn feed, they aren't getting better they are regressing. I'll be sad when they trade Cruz.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    As a future father to be I'm not having my child be a mariner fan, they'll like the dodgers or giants or literally any other team, this affinity for a loser ends with me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Trade baseball for soccer. MLS seems determined to keep the Sounders one of the top teams in the league no matter what.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    As a future father to be I'm not having my child be a mariner fan, they'll like the dodgers or giants or literally any other team, this affinity for a loser ends with me.

You could always get an international feel and have them root for the Montreal Rays.

*cries into an empty stadium*

Lh96QHG.png
    Trade baseball for soccer. MLS seems determined to keep the Sounders one of the top teams in the league no matter what.

Baseball is dying man, I need to duggar up some fans. Like I'll let my child organically come to whatever sport they want to, but baseball will be forced on to them like Josh Duggar at hugaway camp.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Given that my wife hates every sport other than hockey I feel like we're going to be a hockey majority household.

But god help them, they're going to go to a baseball game at least once a year for as long as the Rays exist.

Lh96QHG.png
    Given that my wife hates every sport other than hockey I feel like we're going to be a hockey majority household.

But god help them, they're going to go to a baseball game at least once a year for as long as the Rays exist.

I'd make a joke, but seeing as your team is about to sweep mine, I'll keep my dumb mouth shut.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

They gave up Leone who was terrible this year, though to be fair not a lot of bright spots in the bullpen.

Today they are going to lose to Erasamo who was awful as a mariner and never made it the full 6 without giving up the farm. I assume he'll pitch a complete game shutout and the mariners will lose 2-0, this losing streak is going to go to at least 10 games with 2 more blown saves from Rodney.

I don't want to fault Lloyd but that he keeps bringing Rodney in to close when even on a good save night he gives up at least 1 fucking run its maddening I dropped the mariners from my espn feed, they aren't getting better they are regressing. I'll be sad when they trade Cruz.

Well who the goose else are we going to put in besides Rodney. Rodney has been shit but he has still been better than the rest of the pen!

wbBv3fj.png
    Goumindong wrote: »

Well who the goose else are we going to put in besides Rodney. Rodney has been shit but he has still been better than the rest of the pen!

Carson Smith the set up guy usually pitches close out ball in the 8th. Rodney has been awful, I would try literally anyone else because at this point Rodney comes in to fuck games up, its what he does.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Goumindong wrote: »

Carson Smith the set up guy usually pitches close out ball in the 8th. Rodney has been awful, I would try literally anyone else because at this point Rodney comes in to fuck games up, its what he does.

I still thought it was awesome when Rodney came in against the Angels last year and started doing his stupid arrow routine after ending the 8th inning. Then in the 9th Trout walked and Pujols tied the game with a double and they did it right back and eventually walked off with the win after Grant Green got a single to score Pujols.

Dude also needs to learn how to wear a baseball cap.

(She/Her)
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    I like to call my latest bit of artwork "FanGraphs preseason projections get trolled by flock of black swans"

znq8eyr2z7zf.png

Actually it's from a JABO article titled "The American League Has Gone Completely Bananas"

I'm thinking that that's one of the most hilarious sabermetric graphs of all time.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
    Man, Angels game last night ended up closer than I expected but still lost. Was listening to it on the radio on the way to work and it was 7-1 in favor of the Yankees in the seventh inning, and shortly there after was 8-1 but the Angels ended up rallying in the 9th and left the tying run stranded at 3rd when the game was over. Yankees almost blew it but it was more than I expected out of the Angels at that point in the game. Hopefully goes better tonight, Texas passed us up in the standings.

(She/Her)
    edited June 2015
    Well today is not looking good either. Our best pitcher went 2 outs and gave up 6 runs in the first...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    Watching regular season mlb daily is like watching a stock portfolio. A bad idea if what you care about are long term results.

Go Twinkies!

Fernando Rodney experience is over, now its the Agent Smith finale as Carson Smith has taken over closing duties. Hitters are still mia on the mariners, they've heard its allowed to hit with runners in scoring position, just not something literally anyone can fucking do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Bit of a wash today for a couple divisions. Every team in the AL East won today and every team in the AL West lost today.

Angels over the last ten games won 5 straight followed by losing 5 straight, off day tomorrow and back against Tampa Bay who started this losing streak taking the last two in Anaheim earlier in the week.

(She/Her)
    Mariners won hooray! But Cruz hurt his back (I guess carrying the team through april and may can hurt you) and Carson Smith had a bit of a Rodney save in that he gave up a run (solo shot homerun which sucks but not as bad as fucking Rodney's walk the bases loaded bullshit). I'd just like if the fucking m's could win 3 in a row before losing 5 or something, you know fucking baby steps.

Oh and cano hit with a guy on base, a fact that stunned me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    as a King Felix fantasy owner

what the hell happened?

Yeah I don't know, the mariners are pretty much fucked for this season now, they can't string together three wins and they are just getting annihilated.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    FBI is investigating the Cardinals for hacking into Houston's scouting reports.

Cards should have just stuck to stealing signs.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453

For Serious?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

For Serious?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    So now they are cheaters and all of their world series' are suspect and they deserve the biggest fine in major league history, loss of first round picks, and an annoying Hackgate nickname as this gets dragged out forever, right?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    I'd be fine with all of that, fuck the cards and any team that claims the best *blank* in any sport.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Hahaha, I love the new the thread title.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Hahaha, I love the new the thread title.

I realize that a mariner fan making fun of any other teams inability to hit the ball is a bit of a stretch but liberty for a joke.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.