As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Guess another homer will do. Thanks Al.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm glad the mariners are self destructing before june, nice to get that shit out of the way early. Christ they had a shit closer last year, good job on getting a new one who blows back to back one run fucking games.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I tell you what, I have no opinion on Jose Batista as a person or a player but it was quite enjoyable seeing him get punched in the face.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    That wasn't your usual "baseball fight" punch either. Like we've all seen enough "fights" in baseball to know what to expect: a bit of shoving, an airmailed punch that doesn't connect, lots of posturing.

This was not that. That was a legit blow. Bautista looked like he had no idea where he was while Beltre was holding him out of the rest of the fight.

Edit: really no one comes out of that mess looking good. Pretty much everyone involved on both teams looks like some form of immature jerk.

Except Beltre. Beltre comes out looking good cause he clearly identified that Bautista wasn't really there anymore and kept him out of the resulting scrum so he couldn't get even more hurt.

Edit 2: and Fielder. Forgot about him. He came out looking great too when the Jays plunked him in the bottom of the inning (which REALLY Jays?). He just smiled and laughed it off. Had he reacted aggressively at all it could have easily set off another big - possibly even nastier - brawl.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    You would think Odor would be the last person to get chippy about a hard slide into second base. Which as far as i can tell, could have been legal (could he reasonably stay on the base after the slide? If so, then its legal, he went straight into the bag and did not deflect to interfere with the runner)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    You would think Odor would be the last person to get chippy about a hard slide into second base. Which as far as i can tell, could have been legal (could he reasonably stay on the base after the slide? If so, then its legal, he went straight into the bag and did not deflect to interfere with the runner)

It looked like he was going to slide well past it, like Bats was aiming at the plant leg.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

It looked like he was going to slide well past it, like Bats was aiming at the plant leg.

Past, but not well past. He starts that slide 6 inches earlier and its clearly legal since he would have remained on the base.

That is why the umpires had to take time to rule on it(you have to make a legit attempt to stay on the base and it must be possible to do so, but that does not mean you must succeed)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I initially thought this was about bautista's bat flip from a while ago and was like "really guys", but now that I know it's because of a hard slide, yeah. fuck bautista, get that stuff outta the game

maybe beating it out isn't the BEST way to do it but hey, whatever works

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I initially thought this was about bautista's bat flip from a while ago and was like "really guys", but now that I know it's because of a hard slide, yeah. fuck bautista, get that stuff outta the game

maybe beating it out isn't the BEST way to do it but hey, whatever works

No, it's about the bat flip. He wouldn't have punched him in the face for the slide if there wasn't anything else to it. I mean, Odor has made far more dirty slides into second, so it's very hypocritical for him to get so mad about a hard slide (that was straight at the base).

• Options
    The slide was literally 6 inches from legal and initially ruled legal (on the field). It wasn't about the slide.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Had nothing to do with the slide. That was just an excuse to start something else in further retaliation for the bat flip. The hard slide was retaliation for the Rangers waiting until Bautista's last at bat of the regular season against Texas before beaning him in the ribs.

Bush league all around.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So...about Brad Ausmus...we just gonna pretend that didn't happen?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

My god, that would be an epic dumpster fire.

And, of course, we'd all be on Team Meteor.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    God I love the pictures they chose there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man between Ortiz's "How Are You 40?" season and Jackie Bradley Jr deciding to be unstoppable (just singled to extend his hitting streak to 27 games), this team is just ridiculous.

If we can get our Rotation in order and get a little better production out of LF, pretty sure we'd be the team to beat in the AL

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I'm going to the mariners game Friday night, against the twins, with Felix pitching

it's as sure fire a game to win as we've had in the past decade

but we're at home so we'll probably lose 2-0

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    I'm going to the mariners game Friday night, against the twins, with Felix pitching

2-0? Oh god no that's going to be a 13-0. I'm honestly just glad they didn't get swept by the fucking As.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

felix has been bad this year. very mediocre. very unfelixious. it would be more likely to be a win if...can you see a taijuan walker game instead

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

felix has been bad this year. very mediocre. very unfelixious. it would be more likely to be a win if...can you see a taijuan walker game instead

Taijuan just lost 5-0. Wade Miley has the best record on the team, I forgot where we got him but he's been great.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

nah this is the only game my brother is in town, and we have a wedding to go to this weekend, and theres fireworks and free hats at this game so

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Taijuan just lost 5-0. Wade Miley has the best record on the team, I forgot where we got him but he's been great.

Miley's been your worst starter! he's a great no. 5 though. 200 innings, money in the bank, which is underrated

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

nah this is the only game my brother is in town, and we have a wedding to go to this weekend, and theres fireworks and free hats at this game so

but taijuan is cool. i love taijuan

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    We'lll trade you Taijuan for David Price, I'm sure he won't need TJ surgery.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

y'all couldn't afford price, not with that cano albatross lel

meanwhile we can stick our 72.5 million dollar rusney in the minors because meh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

y'all couldn't afford price, not with that cano albatross lel

meanwhile we can stick our 72.5 million dollar rusney in the minors because meh

I ain't taking no shit from the team that has Pablo on fatsibility!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Though man I'll take how felix is pitching versus Harvey and Keuchel holy shit thar be some dumpster fires.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Though man I'll take how felix is pitching versus Harvey and Keuchel holy shit thar be some dumpster fires.

somehow keuchel has a lower FIP than felix despite 4+ more runs of ERA

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

somehow keuchel has a lower FIP than felix despite 4+ more runs of ERA

I'd still take Felix over keuchel statistic be damned right now...

And this friday you get a flappy Hat for attending the game. FLAPPY HAT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yo Red Sox Offense is kiiiiiiiinda ridiculous

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Just want to point out you were playing my Rocks.

Our pitching is uhhh...

I think sometimes the batting practice coaches would be better.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Our pitching is uhhh...

Yeah but it's not just the Rockies we've been destroying.

We have 10+ hits in something like 17 of the last 19 games.

• Options
    The As sent us a new AAA player as a sacrifice tonight. It wasn't enough so we sacrificed their bullpens ERAs too.

All reality I kinda feel sorry for him. It's his first start in the majors and his family flys up from SC and the camera kept cutting to them and they just look really unhappy.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Our pitching is uhhh...

Yeah but it's not just the Rockies we've been destroying.

We have 10+ hits in something like 17 of the last 19 games.

we have the 1st, 2nd, and 5th in the AL in batting average. we have some of the top guys in the league in WRC+. we have a .297 team batting average for god's sake

its based on a fluky high babip and we're getting some very favorable sequencing but by god i'm enjoying it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The As sent us a new AAA player as a sacrifice tonight. It wasn't enough so we sacrificed their bullpens ERAs too.

All reality I kinda feel sorry for him. It's his first start in the majors and his family flys up from SC and the camera kept cutting to them and they just look really unhappy.

I was worried that the dude was going to like be a huge ace, but my god apparently chris taylor losing game 1 pissed off the team.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    He is 27. No one develops aces that long. He is a depth holding mainly

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    He is 27. No one develops aces that long. He is a depth holding mainly

Never underestimate the mariners ability to make someone like that look acey...

I hope Martin isn't really hurt, he left the game with a hamstring injury. And please good lord mariners don't get swept by the twins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

There we have solved the steroid issue. A player on a dead last team was punished. JUSTICE!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular

There we have solved the steroid issue. A player on a dead last team was punished. JUSTICE!!!

I thought he was suspended for domestic violence, not steroids?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Man, not having to play for that shitty team for half a season is more like a reprieve than a punishment.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Cauld wrote: »

I thought he was suspended for domestic violence, not steroids?

Yeah, he punched out a woman in DC 6 weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.