As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchscritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    hopefully the OP loads before the thread hits 100

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I had to resist the urge to lock this thread and post "YOU DIED"

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    alternative picture for OP

613001-nightmare-creatures-windows-screenshot-fencing-is-not-bads_zpsx8qlcjwv.jpg

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    god i loved that shitty game

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I managed to stumble my way into the super secret ending without actually trying.

huh.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So I burned through all my blood vials dying to the shadows. I'll grind up a bit and try again tomorrow but I don't understand why.

There's fun in this game some places but it's constantly sandwiched in bullshit

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    BLUB DORM

tumblr_nha8tsKL2H1u4pzd3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nmicqj9DYm1r0xqnho2_500.png
    tumblr_nmhbyzqVww1soqybbo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nmiop58NoZ1u4bc4to1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nharx90Eng1u4pzd3o1_1280.gif

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The Shadows are tough. I found kiting around the monolith effective.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I

love

bloodborne fanart

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Okay I finally got the first lamp of the second tombstone and i unlocked 2 shortcuts. But I need to farm blood vials before i try any bosses and I'm not into that tonight, so it's where im leaving off

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so I just got to Byrgenwerth and I'm about to hit 40 insight

how soon will I know when the Thing happens, whatever it is

• Options
    After the Byrgenwerth boss. Byrgenwerth is a pretty short area, but that boss is some hot bullshit, and Things get real after you deal with it.

• Options
    ...what the fuck am I even fighting anymore

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mi-go dog.

Mi-go.

• Options
    BOY THIS HUNTER IN BYRGENWERTH SURE CAN TAKE A HIT

• Options
    I got her first shot, but I was using a fast weapon. If you get her on the stairs, she's less maneuverable.

• Options
    got her

uh

now what

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I can clap now

I clapped in hunters dream and heard someone else clapping
    it was the doll

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options

oh

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeess yesss more Bloodborne fan art

Anyway I started ng+ on my spry, newly minted level 202 character

I did the fence jumping glitch after like 30 minutes of failing to make it properly. The difficulty ramp seems pretty toned down. Enemies don't last any longer or do much more damage in forgotten woods ng+ than central yharnum ng+.

I may have bugged Elieen out though. She's not in the sewer warehouse anymore. Hopefully I can still do her stuff. Ended up using my second blood stone on the Blades of Mercy and am kinda regretting it. It love the moveset but it is wasted against weaker enemies. The power ramp isn't until the later parts of the combo.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yeess yesss more Bloodborne fan art

Anyway I started ng+ on my spry, newly minted level 202 character

I did the fence jumping glitch after like 30 minutes of failing to make it properly. The difficulty ramp seems pretty toned down. Enemies don't last any longer or do much more damage in forgotten woods ng+ than central yharnum ng+.

I may have bugged Elieen out though. She's not in the sewer warehouse anymore. Hopefully I can still do her stuff. Ended up using my second blood stone on the Blades of Mercy and am kinda regretting it. It love the moveset but it is wasted against weaker enemies. The power ramp isn't until the later parts of the combo.

Word on the street is, the fence jumping glitch makes Eileen disappear. She'll have nothing to do with blood-addled cheaters such as yourself!

• Options
    Ah well

I got all her stuff in my original playthrough

No terribly severe loss.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    you know, i don't think bloodborne has an npc i like very much. dark souls 2 had this problem too, i mean, Alfred is alright, but i might only like him because he is voiced by Solaire.

I miss likable NPCs in souls games.

• Options
    so fuck this Byrgenwerth boss

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so fuck this Byrgenwerth boss

don't lock onto him, you need to be able to sprint in that fight. Use the monster hunter claw so you can attack, dash, and use the camera all at once

Clawone.jpg

spring straight at him, and use your R1 attack at the vulnerable area just behind his head. If you do it right, he'll panic and back away from you, and try to create distance before countering or teleporting away. Follow him and hit him in the same place again, and keep doing it over and over. If your timing and positioning is right, he won't do anything but run away while you wear him down.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    you know, i don't think bloodborne has an npc i like very much. dark souls 2 had this problem too, i mean, Alfred is alright, but i might only like him because he is voiced by Solaire.

the beggar woman and the prositute both seem likable enough

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    WHO'S FOOT IS THAT

signature.png

• Options
    JohnHam wrote: »
    WHO'S FOOT IS THAT

yours

• Options
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    aaaah!!!

signature.png

• Options
  • Options

The little girl pretty likable too

Really good VA work too

The Souls games always have the most inexplicably good voice acting by total nobodies

It's great and I wish more localization teams, or just regular teams, would use them

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Little girl and little girl's sister were voiced by actual sisters

Peas on
  • Options

i guess, but neither of them are near as memorable as Solaire or Siegmeyer. dark souls 2 had the guy with fake sword, but i never actually saw him much and i assume he died off screen.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I feel like intentionally trying to have another Solaire would be the Souls equivalent to making "the cake is a lie" reference

sometimes wonderful things just happen

if you force them afterwards you ruin the experience

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    they actually kind of subverted it with
    Alfred

you think this guy is basically a nice guy Paladin, and you can summon him to help you fight the cleric beast and the BSB

but if you go through his quest you realize he's a twisted little motherfucker

but I agree they didn't have enough appearances for that to have enough impact

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    i don't need them to be awesome friends who are kinda weird and endearing. I just want people to also be travelling the world and being like "oh hey, you made it here too? neat." Alfred just hangs out on one of two balconies and some other stuff that some people might never see. he's basically not even there.

Everyone is way too static.

• Options
    I agree - the scale of the world seems smaller in bloodborne, which is a shame

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Eileen's story is amazing. I wish I hadn't messed it up.

After a few days away from Bloodborne, I'm hoping to find some time to play tonight.

DouglasDanger on