As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It's not as bad as Scarytown

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    There are some ther places you can open up too, if you wanna hold off on old yharnam keep exploring
    Try going left from Amelia's boss room

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    There are some ther places you can open up too, if you wanna hold off on old yharnam keep exploring
    Try going left from Amelia's boss room
    You mean Hemwick Charnel Lane? That was a fun section, although the witch was a bit easy.

I went ahead and ran through to BSB in old Yharnam, ignored the gunman. I think I'm a bit overleveled for the area now though, absolutely steamrolled the thing

Now I've been kidnapped by a scary bagman. :< Found the lantern there but want to keep exploring further...

Didgeridoo on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dear Martyr Logarius,

GRAAAAAARRRDDGDFTB BYFFGGFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUCK

XOXO,
    ElJeffe

Got that sumbitch down to a little smidgen of health, tried to finish him off with the cannon, didn't realize I had Ludwig's in greatsword mode, and so instead of shooting him, I did some big swinging sword move that missed and then MarTURD LogariFUCKYOU killed me.

I am the worstest. :(

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Logarius is one of those fights where he's either super easy or a pain in the ass. he has no middle ground.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Those bag guys probably shouldn't move so fast.

The forbidden woods are neat though. But there are like 3 paths and I'm not sure which to take.

Also a dude gave me some weird stone.

The weird stone is nifty. Make sure you read the description.

The Forbidden Woods can suck a butt, though. Especially the back half.
    Fucking snake balls, man.

Non-story spoilery tip for the Woods:
    There's a weapon in the Gaol, if you've been there, that makes the Woods enemies a lot easier. It helped me immeasurably.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    AAAAHHHH the Tonitrus AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy shit guys this thing is so cool

There are so many paths around the forbidden woods I can't find where to go

Also I just found a canon that is shooting at me and got killed trying to duck away from it.

oh Patches you motherfucker

I am going to hate-murder that dude so fucking hard.
    Shoved me in that pit before I found the shortcut back to the beginning of the Nightmare Frontier, too. Ran into a brain-thing trying to find my way out. Now I get to play with those stone hucking giants again, joy.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I love Patches, he's basically a Souls game running gag

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited June 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    There are so many paths around the forbidden woods I can't find where to go

Also I just found a canon that is shooting at me and got killed trying to duck away from it.

Dodge the first volley and then charge that motherfucker

I've found that in many situations, charging ahead like an insane person is the answer

edit: Er. In many Bloodborne situations, that is. I dunno if I can recommend bull rushing your annoying co-worker

Didgeridoo on
    I found a shortcut!

Also these snake guys are dicks.

Also also when should I stop pumping points into strength?

Also also also should I put more into blood tinge?

I have a strength build, and I stopped seeing much benefit at about 30 and started putting points in skill instead, when not pumping up vitality and endurance. Basically, at each level I just see whether upping strength or skill boosts my damage more. I'm using Ludwig's, so ymmv. I also use the Hunter's axe for occasional crowd control, and I'm trying to turn the cannon into a viable anti-boss fuck-you.

I think bloodtinge is only really useful for specific builds, and otherwise is only for if you have a weapon that has a minimum required bloodtinge. Mine is like 9, and I have yet to wish it was higher.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Only put points into bloodtinge (beyond minimum requirements) if you are building for Chikage/Evelyn.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Yeah, bloodtinge seems like it's meant for challenge builds.

Like this crazy fella over here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f_BRnX6DM4

Guns only run, not even throwing punches. I plan to watch it after I beat the game, I've only seen snippets so far. God's speed, sir

It's a good anti-boss build. Chikage does massive damage to single targets and Evelyn chunks really hard as well. I enjoyed my tinge build quite a bit especially helping people take down Ebrietas

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Nice! I'm thinking for my next run I might do a skill/ bloodtinge build. I've been focusing on strength this time around.

The downside to bloodtinge build is there's not a whole lot you can do with it until you obtain Chikage. I built a little bit of arcane to add power to fire weapons for the early half of the game.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Nice! I'm thinking for my next run I might do a skill/ bloodtinge build. I've been focusing on strength this time around.

If you're min maxing you don't want both skill and bloodtinge, it's one or the other

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Yeah especially with Chikage. Two-handed mode drains health so you'll probably want to save points for vitality over skill and then some in stamina.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I have a strength build, and I stopped seeing much benefit at about 30 and started putting points in skill instead, when not pumping up vitality and endurance. Basically, at each level I just see whether upping strength or skill boosts my damage more. I'm using Ludwig's, so ymmv. I also use the Hunter's axe for occasional crowd control, and I'm trying to turn the cannon into a viable anti-boss fuck-you.

I think bloodtinge is only really useful for specific builds, and otherwise is only for if you have a weapon that has a minimum required bloodtinge. Mine is like 9, and I have yet to wish it was higher.

Just a heads up in case you don't think to check again later, at some point in Ludwig's upgrade path STR and SKL both start to give really good returns again above 30. Like i was 30/30 STR/SKL for a while, then once I got my Ludwig to +10 I was like i wonder if I should increase them more, and it turns out taking them both to 50 was VERY worth it. Like 3 or 4 AR per point invested good at certain upgrades. With 50/50 you can get your Ludwig over 700 AR easily.

Joshmvii on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So I've finally made my way into the Scholar stuff, at least I think I have, and this Burnt Ivory King is a real deal asshole

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor

If you're min maxing you don't want both skill and bloodtinge, it's one or the other

Aww, nuts. Probably skill then.

Castle Cainhurst spoilers:
    So I found the summons, and then proceeded to run up and down Hemwick Charnel Lane looking for a 'crossing.' After not finding anything, I hoofed it back to the Cathedral Ward through the pass with the gunmen, thinking that perhaps it was referring to the road just before the grand staircase. After slaughtering everything there, I remembered that there were a bunch of carriages and things at the very bottom of the Cathedral Ward, near the two brick trolls where you find the spyglass.

When that also revealed nothing, I decided to make the trek back to Hemwick, since I'd already killed everything on the way. TURNS OUT that crossing back through the woods respawns everything, but in super weird places and they're all already 'aggressive' and rush at you! Finally killed everything again and looked up where to go.

The pillar in the middle of the field? The one that distinctly does NOT have a carriage anywhere in sight? What? I HATE YOU GAME

But all was forgiven when the cutscene had the horses take me across the bridge and then smashcut to me standing beside the dead, frozen carcasses of horses which have clearly been there for a very long time and the bridge clearly broken beyond repair.

Oh game, you know how to win me over with creepiness.

Plus I netted like 50,000 souls on my aimless wanderings, so I guess it's a win-win.

Cainhurst is gorgeous by the way. Gonna call it for now though, and go back to explore later.

Man these snake balls suck.

The big ones? Just run in and hack them to death with a fast weapon. Also, the two guarding the items in that ravine are the only ones that are crucial to engage. The rest you can ignore.

I mostly just can't find my way out of this area.

Fun fact: Cainhurst is a fucking bitch around the time you can first get there. I walked about fifty yards past the first lamp, got one shotted by some leaping bug thing, and just went "Nope!" and put it off for thirty levels or so.

It's a really fantastic area one you're competent enough to survive, though. One of my favorites. Great for grinding blood echoes, too.

It's a pretty confusing area. If you want to just try your hand at the boss sprint along the pathway past that ravine I mentioned until you see the big snake ball in front of a tree by a cliff. Walk off the cliff (it's not a steep drop) and you'll see a gate that leads to the boss.

Fun fact: Cainhurst is a fucking bitch around the time you can first get there. I walked about fifty yards past the first lamp, got one shotted by some leaping bug thing, and just went "Nope!" and put it off for thirty levels or so.

It's a really fantastic area one you're competent enough to survive, though. One of my favorites. Great for grinding blood echoes, too.

Those leaping guys with the big sack on their ass are by far the toughest beast in the area and you can just run past them.

Hell they might be the toughest beasts in the game.

Butters wrote: »

It's a pretty confusing area. If you want to just try your hand at the boss sprint along the pathway past that ravine I mentioned until you see the big snake ball in front of a tree by a cliff. Walk off the cliff (it's not a steep drop) and you'll see a gate that leads to the boss.

Which ravine? I'm pretty sure I fell off one cliff but it let me to a locked gate.

edited July 2015

Which ravine? I'm pretty sure I fell off one cliff but it let me to a locked gate.

So at the area start jump down, run to the right and start following the path way. Go ahead and skip past the first guy with the exploding head and all the little snake balls. Follow the path as it goes left and stick to it as you pass a ravine on the left of the path (which has two giant snake balls in it and an item they are guarding) and to the right there's a few of the snake head guys by a fire pit. If you ignore all that and go straight on the pathway until it curves to the left again you'll see it's up against a cliff side. You can walk down that cliff side and there will be a single exploding snake head guy and a gate. The gate takes you to the boss (I don't think it's locked). The other way goes up to I think the shortcut elevator.

Eventually you'll want to clear this area because there's a ton of shit it in it including some pretty good gems.

Here's a walkthrough. I haven't read this through completely but this wiki is the best resource on the game I ever found:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Walkthrough

Butters on

Those leaping guys with the big sack on their ass are by far the toughest beast in the area and you can just run past them.

Hell they might be the toughest beasts in the game.

They didn't give me too much trouble once I was able to lure them away independently. Past that it's just crazy crying women and the occasional gargoyle, and those are pretty easy (and give you mad echoes).

Still haven't taken down that boss, though.

Jimminy Christmas, you guys weren't kidding about those leaping guys

I've managed to take a few down with the Tonitrus, but it's too much trouble for not enough echoes, and it's too easy to get swarmed. Spriiiiiiiinting to the rescue!

Slight spoilers for Cainhurst, if people are trying to avoid that
    Those weeping ladies unnerve the fuck out of me. Echoing everywhere, it really sets me on edge. Of course that's the point, ha, but still! Had to take a break after getting to what I'm pretty sure is the boss room. I chickened out and cashed in my echoes. opened up some shortcuts though, should be easy to get back to it.

Sidenote: the Knight's outfit is so dapper. The skirt for the ladies is pretty swank too. Trying to convince myself to give up the extra protection provided by the hunter garb in favor of FashionBorne

edited July 2015
    The trick with the leaping leeches is that fighting them is in no way worth the effort and no one ever should

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    the most terrifying enemies aren't even in the main game, they're the jittery fuckers in the chalice dungeons

thank god they're vulnerable to stagger shots

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

I've managed to take a few down with the Tonitrus, but it's too much trouble for not enough echoes, and it's too easy to get swarmed. Spriiiiiiiinting to the rescue!

Those weeping ladies unnerve the fuck out of me. Echoing everywhere, it really sets me on edge. Of course that's the point, ha, but still! Had to take a break after getting to what I'm pretty sure is the boss room. I chickened out and cashed in my echoes. opened up some shortcuts though, should be easy to get back to it.

Sidenote: the Knight's outfit is so dapper. The skirt for the ladies is pretty swank too. Trying to convince myself to give up the extra protection provided by the hunter garb in favor of FashionBorne

Didge if you aren't killing in style, then you're just killing your style.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »

Didge if you aren't killing in style, then you're just killing your style.

CI_hWJDUAAAy0Gv.jpg:large

I have embraced Fashion Borne

I then proceeded to get curbstomped by Logarius

I could never handle the ruffled collar, I loved matching the bottoms to other sets though

Well I have found my most favorite bloodgem

Killing enemies with the riposte nets me two quicksilver bullets each time? Please and thank you