As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    In the further adventures of a Warframe noob:

I'm still working my way through the solar system with my Excalibur frame and shinny new Latron rifle. I seriously love both, Excalibur's 4th ability melts everything as long as I can afford the energy drain and lets me keep up with the better players on defense and survival missions and the Latron does some monster crits on headshots. I like the Latron, it might not be the highest dps weapon but I enjoy the more aiming intensive play style and the thrill of 1 hit headshot kills. Flush with my own power, I decide to try the boss on Saturn, General Sargas Ruk. In a fit of hubris, I also decide not to look him up on the wiki beforehand and just "wing it" once I get there.

I head in solo and headshot my way through the level, these guys are still a bit rough but I'm careful and pick them off until I get to the boss room. It's a big wide open room, perfect for my long range assault and I'll just sit here and snipe the boss and ... why is he taking no damage? I empty a few clips at him with no effect and additional enemies start to pile in. I am rapidly running out of room to hide and regen shields and the boss is still at 100%. I have a bunch of close calls and I realize I need to alt-tab and see how I'm actually supposed to kill this guy. I'll just hole up in this side room, a ways from the boss and look it up. Oh, you're supposed to hit the glowing blue bit which is only glowing for a few seconds after he uses a few abilities, that makes things harder. I'll just tab back in and ..... AAAAh he's right on top me! So much fire everywhere! My world is nothing but fire and pain and death! ....

After reviving and getting the hell out of the little room he cornered me in, I realize I have a problem. Hitting that little glowing armor bit is a lot harder at range and I need to get close in where he can melt me with his flamethrower. Additionally, the weakspot seems buggy and I do no damage half the time. I manage to chew through the first two weakspots on his shoulder and front but it costs me 2 more revives as I figure out his attack patterns and do stupid things like stand in fire or get murdered by his adds. I'm down to my last revive before I get him into phase 3 and his new weakspot is ... on his back. The back which is always turned away from me unless he's in the middle of an attack. At least at this point, I'm back to being a space ninja and I'm evading all his attacks but I can't circle around him unless he's doing his massive fire explodes from everywhere attack.

At least my shields can take 2-3 hits from the fires so I start trying the following tactic. I wait around until he unleashes the fire then I quickly circle behind him. While the fire explodes around me, I fire wildly at the spot where I know his weakness should be though I can't see much through the fire. As soon as I take a few hits, I jump out and wait until my shields recharge to repeat the process. It isn't a foolproof tactic though as I can't always land my hits on his back and I occasionally take extra damage when I stay too long. We both whittle each down until he's on his last 5% and I'm pretty low myself, he's starts doing the fire exploding attack and I fire blindly through the blaze. I take 1 hit, 2 and my shields are almost down. I won't survive if the fire lands another 1-2 hits when suddenly I see the beautiful yellow of a Latron critical hit and the boss crumbles to the ground. Sweet victory and nav section reward. I also put his sigil on my armor once I get back to my ship, I figure this boss deserves some kind of recognition for his stubborn persistence.

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Well

They removed the "restriction" on my account because of a suspicious login attempt

(probably due to my logging in from my new computer)

and now, after the new update, every time I try to launch the game, it crashes

So

Warframe really doesn't want me to play it anymore

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Equinox's nobel animation set has a pretty cool pistol idle stance:
    Gy0HuCll.jpg

And the agile set has a really really funny rifle idol stance (in day form only):
    VBaQrMil.jpg

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular

MegaMek wrote: »
    Equinox's nobel animation set has a pretty cool pistol idol stance:
    Gy0HuCll.jpg

And the agile set has a really really funny rifle idol stance (in day form only):
    VBaQrMil.jpg
    Haha, yeah. She's being really silly there.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    The Twin Grakatas are a secondary weapon :rotate:

• OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Holy shit they buffed Lex Prime

Lex Prime Buff

Damage increased from 85 to 150

Status chance increased from 20% to 25%

Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Equinox's nobel animation set has a pretty cool pistol idol stance:
    Gy0HuCll.jpg

VBaQrMil.jpg
    Haha, yeah. She's being really silly there.

MY VECTIS PRIME! MINE!

Holy shit they buffed Lex Prime

Lex Prime Buff

Damage increased from 85 to 150

Status chance increased from 20% to 25%

Critical chance increased from 20% to 25%

Battin' a thousand here, DE :mrgreen:

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

You know what this means.

Three Grakatas.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    At this point, I'm just waiting for the inevitable four Grakata option. I mean fuck it, why not. Strap 'em to our legs Bayonetta style. Doesn't even matter if we can't move properly because of all the recoil, we'll just flop around, spinning and shooting in every direction. Bound to hit something with all that dakka.
    also twin Prisma Grakata when

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
    The Hek is so good I want to forma it more but Im waiting for the inevitable Prisma Hek.

You know what this means.

Three Grakatas.

The Grakats are ALL MINE!
    VIgCXh4l.png

The Hek is so good I want to forma it more but Im waiting for the inevitable Prisma Hek.

Do it. It was already strong before, but then they decided it needed to be amped up by about 400%, and now we've got this monster.

1s39jq85pqyc.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Anybody know if the shotgun changes did anything to Boar Prime? I haven't played in a week and can't tell myself.

Even better, is there somewhere I can see all the changes to shotguns?

edited August 2015
    There's a reddit post detailing the changes for all shotguns here. For boar prime, it's as follows, going from old stats to new:

BOAR PRIME
    Fire Rate 5.8 -> 4.7
    Accuracy 5.0
    Magazine Size 15 -> 20
    Reload Speed 2.3s -> 2.8s
    Damage 119--> 184 IMPACT: 78.0 -> 119.6 PUNCTURE: 17.5 -> 27.6 SLASH: 23.4 -> 36.8
    Crit Chance 15.0%
    Crit Multiplier 2.0x
    Status 40% -> 30%

In short, larger mag, longer reload, higher damage, lower status chance and RoF.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2015
    Well I've been watching what others are doing with the new parkour system and am downloading the patch now.

From what I've seen, it is possible to chain some of the parkour stuff to reach the same areas that you could with coptering. However most of what I've seen takes 8-10x longer to accomplish in parkour 2.0 than it did with coptering, and requires significantly more input from the player (which is weird. I thought one of the reasons they wanted to get rid of coptering was to cut down on repetitive motion strain. Not multiply it).

Also, the parkour 2.0 solution looks arguably as stupid as coptering. (I still say "Slow and floaty" is an accurate description of the new system).

http://webmshare.com/W5AJ1

I could probably accept the parkour 2.0 stuff if they increased the speed by at least 2-3x across the board and calmed down that spastic camera that is bobbing in and out like crazy.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Well I've been watching what others are doing with the new parkour system and am downloading the patch now.

From what I've seen, it is possible to chain some of the parkour stuff to reach the same areas that you could with coptering. However most of what I've seen takes 8-10x longer to accomplish in parkour 2.0 than it did with coptering, and requires significantly more input from the player (which is weird. I thought one of the reasons they wanted to get rid of coptering was to cut down on repetitive motion strain. Not multiply it).

Also, the parkour 2.0 solution looks arguably as stupid as coptering. (I still say "Slow and floaty" is an accurate description of the new system).

http://webmshare.com/W5AJ1

I could probably accept the parkour 2.0 stuff if they increased the speed by at least 2-3x across the board and calmed down that spastic camera that is bobbing in and out like crazy.

I agree with some of your points.

But I feel the new movement is much more believable than spin coptering everywhere, which makes it easier to immerse myself in the game. I definitely feel more ninja like. World building is important to me on a personal level and coptering just didn't feel... right. Hard to explain, but it took me out of the game. I know this game is light on lore but still.

At the moment I'm enjoying the new system thoroughly. As a person who never exclusively used the good coptering melee weapons this update has been a boon. I can use a nikana without feeling gimped mobility wise. That makes me a happy camper. Maybe I'll get tired of it and wish for coptering, but right now I'm a fan.

But please DE keep rolling out these weapon and frame buffs. Oh damn. Sadly vaykor is still my preferred sidearm due to slightly higher damage and the aura. Poor lex Prime. You look, sound, and animate so much more sexy than the mareloks. Unnff. Dat blam and sliding action. Spining cool and all, but marelok needs a sexier firing sound.

Also, does the instant murder daggee mod affect duel daggers? Can fang prime be worth while finally? I swear the next Prime pack will be a dagger and shotgun. Boar Prime be damned, give us a tigris.

Just use the Lex anyways. 'S what I've been doing the whole time :cool:

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Dac wrote: »
    Korror wrote: »
    Still not used to the new movement changes. Not having copterring anymore doesn't bother me as the bullet jump does an alright job of replacing it but I haven't found anything to replace air lunge (sprint + melee attack while airborn). That move used to let me do significant vertical and horizontal movement at the same time and there doesn't seem to be anything to replace it.

Maybe an angled bullet jump followed by gliding?

Bullet Jump up. Do a crouch into doublejump at the apex while holding forward. You will get a significant forward boost of momentum, which you can use with Gliding to traverse large distances.

https://youtu.be/74D1cPUUzEw

I'm feeling like DE might have to start throwing up invisible walls places because there's some really goofy things you can do with the new movement. Until then, I guess I'm going to enjoy some sniping.
    Damn! I figured we'd still have great mobility, but I didn't expect that you'd still be able to up and glide over an entire map.

cB557 on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Well

I've verified and reverified and optimized my download cache and searched online for error codes

And I still can't get Warframe to not crash on launch, despite it launching just fine yesterday

What the effing eff

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Bah, patch isn't out for console yet.

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Can't say I care for the new movement system so far. Yeah you can bounce around like a rubber ball, but generally it's painfully slow at ground level. Its killed nonstealth melee for me with the air attacks and spins only traveling a couple meters.

In a tall enough room if you bang enough keys it can get good speed but I can't get a bead on a anything with bullet jump and it's a little too busy to be a relaxing game.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Research labs needs Oxium badly!

Oh, and polymers too.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Anyone have suggestions on how to build a Limbo?

Depends on what you want really.

For a group support you want duration/efficency. For solo running you want much the same but more power.

And if you wanna send fools to the void, range and strenght are great.

But you always want max efficency, because you need to be spamming banish.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    There's a reddit post detailing the changes for all shotguns here. For boar prime, it's as follows, going from old stats to new:

BOAR PRIME
    Fire Rate 5.8 -> 4.7
    Accuracy 5.0
    Magazine Size 15 -> 20
    Reload Speed 2.3s -> 2.8s
    Damage 119--> 184 IMPACT: 78.0 -> 119.6 PUNCTURE: 17.5 -> 27.6 SLASH: 23.4 -> 36.8
    Crit Chance 15.0%
    Crit Multiplier 2.0x
    Status 40% -> 30%

In short, larger mag, longer reload, higher damage, lower status chance and RoF.

No change for the phage? boo ;_;

Just loaded the patch up for the first time and tried the new parkour... so, no more wall running? at all? its just this wall 'hopping' now? it looks kind of hilariously ridiculous...

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Phage was already pretty fucking great tho

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular

Well, *yeah* but its not like it was the best so they could've thrown like, a lil love its way...

1Gn4PNI.png

So was the Hek. And they buffed the shit out of that too.

• dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    sooo... since when the hell does it take an Orikin REACTOR to get out of the deepest syndicate hole? It's been a catalyst for as long as i can remember.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    sooo... since when the hell does it take an Orikin REACTOR to get out of the deepest syndicate hole? It's been a catalyst for as long as i can remember.

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, I'm always short on blues but never on gold.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

It varies by syndicate, some want blues, others want golds.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I actually quite like the new mobility stuff. I hated coptering. It was dumb and limiting.

Though the bunny hop thing they do on walls now... Ha ha ha.

steam_sig.png
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Are you sure? i suppose it could be half and half, but my cephalon wants a catalyst, but arbiters and new loka want reactors. ill know about red veil and steel after those drop enough. Also, I don't have as many Reactors as i do Catalysts. I seem to never be around for any of the invasions that give them.

Also, where do you get the quest for the Equinox stuff? I think i caught something in region chat about some kind of drone appearing randomly in a mission you have to scan?

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Equinox isn't questlocked, just farm tyl regor a bunch.

Unless you mean the utility slot thing, in which case yeah that quest is started by some random drone thing that spawns randomly during a mission.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Equinox isn't questlocked, just farm tyl regor a bunch.

Unless you mean the utility slot thing, in which case yeah that quest is started by some random drone thing that spawns randomly during a mission.

Oh ok, derp. for some reason i thought that was the warframe stuff. and yeah, ill probably just be buying most of those slots instead of farming for them.

also, new frost, seems pretty good... ice wave impedance now coves quite a nice area.

So I think I figured out what those diamond icons beside some mod names are. Where the wing icons are for conclave exclusive mods, diamond indicates mods that are usable regular and conclave. Doesn't quite explain why fusion cores have it too, but hey.

• MrBeensMrBeens Registered User regular

Are you sure? i suppose it could be half and half, but my cephalon wants a catalyst, but arbiters and new loka want reactors. ill know about red veil and steel after those drop enough. Also, I don't have as many Reactors as i do Catalysts. I seem to never be around for any of the invasions that give them.

All of the requirements for the different syndicates can be found here - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

edited August 2015
    Was the thread title change fucking necessary? The opinions of those of us who liked coptering and going fast are just as valid as those who didn't care for it.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    There is a slight difference between liking coptering and 'the game is literally ruined without it'. I liked coptering, mostly for the air mobility because old parkour was ass, but parkour 2.0's bullet jump has filled that gap very nicely.

Of course it's also likely that there are degrees of coptering well beyond what I consider coptering, because I don't feel particularly slowed down by the changes, while you make it sound like a massive difference.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Might actually be able to level my Drakgoon with those shotgun changes

Before I literally had trouble killing things

This discussion has been closed.