As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    So Greedy Pull will actually pull syndicate medallions. Greedy Mag is still useful, the legend will never die.
    until they eventually patch it anyways

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure why we have to hop everywhere

My bet is that's how they got around odd shapes in the existing tiles sets. The old wall run would do some extremely screwy things if you hit a bad mesh.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    hWRagmt.jpg
    Such an adorable bug.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    @darmak, that symbol on the mods indicates that they can be used in pvp as well.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    @darmak, that symbol on the mods indicates that they can be used in pvp as well.

That's what I eventually figured but wasn't sure about. Good to know!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I want to meet whoever thought Peacemaker was a good idea and introduce them to some common sense, preferably in the form of a whifflebat to the shins.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    What's wrong with it? Is it because it obliterates low level zones? Because you can say the same about almost every warframe's ult. Except other frames don't force you to root yourself to a spot to do it. It is just extremely easy to notice when she's spamming her ult because she is both extremely flashy while she does it and it takes her much longer to clear out a room because she has to attack each mob in series while most other warframes damage everything in parallel. For everyone else its just *boom* and the room dies. Blink and you'll miss it. It doesn't scale as well against stronger enemies either. You're just asking to get overwhelmed once you start fighting enemies that aren't complete pushovers and require multiple hits to kill.

The range is very good, but there are only a handful of maps where she can really put it to good use.

Her best ability is easily shatter shield, but as a defensive ability it doesn't draw knee-jerk complaints.

The only thing that needs fixing about Mesa is the obnoxius multi-layered rng wall of getting those salad-v coordinates before you're even allowed to attempt the boss fight to get her parts.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Personally I find her ult super boring. Stand still and hold mouse button; I don't even have to click to shoot people.

It has benefits and drawbacks to other crowd clears, but with max efficiency it's just a bit over the top. Especially when you consider Saryn has to actually wade into a group, or Nova requires enemies to be clumped a bit.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I love Peacemaker are you kidding me

Can she still do that thing where you bind attack to the mouse wheel, turn on Peacemaker, and then spin it to get an obscene fire rate that destroys every enemy instantly? Or did they patch that eventually?

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The only thing that needs fixing about Mesa is the obnoxius multi-layered rng wall of getting those salad-v coordinates before you're even allowed to attempt the boss fight to get her parts.

"I have 6 of this mesa part, 8 of this mesa part and...oh. Zero of that final part that I need. Fuck you RNG"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I was just a bit salty because I got stuck on a Defense with an Efficiency Mesa that obliterated everything before anyone else could even touch it. The other players and I were pretty much there just to pad numbers.

• Options
    Yeah, that can be annoying. But people have been ult spamming their way through defense missions for the whole history of the game.

It is superb xp though. The best way to level up those terrible mastery fodder weapons is to be on a team where nukers obliterate everything and your weapon absorbs tons of teammate xp.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    On the other hand the Mesa that spams ult is getting squat for gear exp. My only beef is that you have to wander a big area for loot.

Now banshee's ult feels worse to me since it's a toggle. Max range/min cost means you can just kick it off and go make a sandwich or something on the Draco sized tiles.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    So the new Regor mission is neat, but really buggy. The mission is supposed to start with you in archwing, but if you join a mission in progress you start in that area... On foot. It's a good thing the new parkour moves work, you wouldn't be able to leave the "water" otherwise.

One time though, it started normally and when I left the water, I stayed in archwing mode. I could run around normally, but sprinting did this sort of half archwing dash thing. I also got to use the archwing guns out of water and man, I really want an one foot heavy weapon option.

The new parkour moves are neat, and way more useful I think than coptering, mainly because you can bullet jump in any direction.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    So where's the best place to farm credits these days? My vast wealth finally ran out on me and I have new mods to fuse.

• Options
    Dartboy wrote: »
    So the new Regor mission is neat, but really buggy. The mission is supposed to start with you in archwing, but if you join a mission in progress you start in that area... On foot. It's a good thing the new parkour moves work, you wouldn't be able to leave the "water" otherwise.

One time though, it started normally and when I left the water, I stayed in archwing mode. I could run around normally, but sprinting did this sort of half archwing dash thing. I also got to use the archwing guns out of water and man, I really want an one foot heavy weapon option.

The new parkour moves are neat, and way more useful I think than coptering, mainly because you can bullet jump in any direction.

You aren't always supposed to start in sharkwing mode. A lot of times you start inside the facility or on the surface. It's pretty random really.

Semi-related, there are a lot of different rooms in the tileset that I think are really awesome. I'm a big fan of Uranus now (lol)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Wait, is the new Tyl regor mission basically in that lab we flooded?

That's cool.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I was just a bit salty because I got stuck on a Defense with an Efficiency Mesa that obliterated everything before anyone else could even touch it. The other players and I were pretty much there just to pad numbers.

You mean that's not the way you're supposed to play this game? I'm confused now. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Eh. At least with other frames on a Defense if a guy is busy obliterating one spawn, I can just be, like, somewhere else, killing stuff he can't.

I have to fight way harder to do that against an Efficiency Mesa. Some mission types it's fine, the drawbacks on Peacemaker count for something, but Defenses/Excavations/Survivals? The only way I'm having fun that match is gaming spawns and trying to rush them down before a door opens and they come into the Mesa's LOS.

Admittedly, I haven't played a lot in 30-40+ content, so hey, maybe people are right and there actually is a vulnerability there, but I've personally never seen it.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I spent awhile in warframe using Pluto:Cerberus as a playground to try out parkour 2.0. In the most simplistic application of the system, it is easy to use in that all you need to do to eventually get to an area is point yourself at a wall and flop up it until you get there. In my mind, it evokes an image of migratory salmon jumping up a waterfall.

Trying to go fast with the new system takes some doing. Beyond the bullet jump, the best thing we seem to have access to is the small speed boost gained from starting a crouch-slide. Going fast in a straight-away is a wrist cramping combination of chaining bullet jump>double jump>crouch boost>airglide>crouch boost>airglide>crouch boost>airglide. From a repetitive motion strain viewpoint, coptering was far less strenuous.

It is more bearable for shorter distances where you don't have time to reset your animation state with an airglide for multiple crouch boosts. There it is a much more bearable bullet jump>double jump>crouch boost. Which is still more actions than coptering, but more livable. I'll have to check it out again once I've finished paying DE's rng/fusion core tax to equip a maxed lightning dash on every frame. Is lightning dash really tranmute only? That's setting the bar pretty high, even for DE (edit 2: 600k credits of transmutation later, I found lighting dash. I consider myself lucky). I can say for a fact that I'll be experimenting with new frames less now in favor of sticking to frames with good dashes/teleports for crossing straight-aways.

I sort of wish that they'd taken the "the floor is lava approach" of Titanfall where you get rewarded increasing gains as long as you keep cleanly transitioning between surfaces.

edit:
    Another thing. I really wish DE would implement a public test server so that the community can test upcoming major changes and get a chance to comb it for bugs and identify any flaws before the changes go life. Other games do that to great effect.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So all in all, you seem okay with it? (if the answer is yes, no, I will not be smug about it)

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Going to have to train myself out of the move that is now bullet jump, as I really hate the look of it (enough to forego the increased speed) - much preferred the tuck-and-roll.

• Options
    I think it has potential, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Maintaining a fast pace requires significantly more button input than before. Considering that repetitive motion strain was one of their concerns that made them want to remove coptering in the first place, I think that will be an issue in the coming months. Increasing the distance of the leaps and allowing frames to better retain their momentum better would go a long ways towards cutting down how often one needs to perform the same motions to maintain their top speed.

Also, what's up with sharkwing? I'm so thankful I have my itzal and can teleport around. I swear warframe can walk faster than the sharkwing swims.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So all in all, you seem okay with it? (if the answer is yes, no, I will not be smug about it)

Promising not to be smug counts as being smug, however.

Tis a self-breaking promise. Very efficient.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Y'know I actually thought of that and tried to phrase it in a way that would not be smug
    guess it didn't work

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    i lucked out and got the day/night blueprints in in a span of of about 5 runs. Done with Tyl Regor until they make him necessary to farm him for something again.

I'd say i lucked out a bit on farming him though, i had all the individual pieces in about 10 runs, then probably another 15 spread out to get the blueprints. better than some people saying 40+ runs without seeing some pieces

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

Y'know I actually thought of that and tried to phrase it in a way that would not be smug
    guess it didn't work

I guess knowing that you don't wanna be/act smug is really all that's needed.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options

guess it didn't work

I dunno, that's like starting off a sentence with, "I'm not racist/an asshole/etc, but" and then immediately saying something racist/assholish/etc. afterwards :P

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Is it really a choice when it's either deal with it or quit?

On a similar note I found a few good cell phone games over the weekend and warmed up the ps4 after trying out parkour 2.0 myself.

Edit - dang it why wont Droid remember words I've approved as correct spelling...

DreadBert on
  • Options
    DreadBert wrote: »

Is it really a choice when it's either deal with it or quit?

On a similar note I found a few good cell phone games over the weekend and warmed up the ps4 after trying out park our 2.0 myself.

IDK, given the narrative prior to this statement, him attaching the statement that he wouldn't be smug about him being okay with it sort of fits. Because generally when people are overly negative about something they haven't actually experienced, they try it, and then they don't dislike it the natural response from the people whom they've inflicted their negativity upon is to say "I told you so" or something to that effect.

But as Caulk pointed out, it's a passive form of smugness to say "I told you so" without saying as much. :P

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I still stand by everything I've said. I don't think they needed to remove coptering. I think melee diversity will suffer as everyone equips the scindo prime now. I think parkour 2.0 and sharkwing are too slow. I think regardless of them being slower, speed runners are still gonna speed run and people are still gonna be sore because they're only 1/3 of the way through the map when a pair of their teammates complete all of the objectives and finish waiting out the evac timer. I think parkour 2.0 is a far greater issue for carpal tunnel /repetitive motion strain than coptering ever was. I think DE should trial run major changes on a public test server rather than utilizing every update as a hype engine that they tease out a partial picture of piece by piece in their dev streams. I think DE should be locked in a room until they max out a rank 10 rare mod before they're allowed to release more sets of rank 10 mods.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I just wish they left another way to move quicker then just parkour. Even playing with remapping keys it's just too much button mashing for me. But your left in the dust if you don't use it as there is nothing else now. Really miss the air lunge from melee.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    I don't know what you guys are doing that you find the new Parkour more mashy or carpal tunnel inducing. It's literally the same CTRL+SPACE inputs except you don't have to spin attack and you don't have to put them in as fast.

The idea that coptering was good for melee weapon diversity is a hilarious joke.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

guess it didn't work

I dunno, that's like starting off a sentence with, "I'm not racist/an asshole/etc, but" and then immediately saying something racist/assholish/etc. afterwards :P

Well yeah, but I would say context matters a whole lot to this type of things. Like if I tell my buddy: Not to be an asshole but you SUCK at league, lets fix it. It's different than: you suck get lost noob and such.

This is more like yeah I was right but we all know coptering was great so no need to rub it in hope you like the new stuff (I hope, I'm not CB and reading into what other people say can get wonky).

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can truthfully say that I can see myself investing several forma into finishing a jet stream zephyr build and an escape velocity nova prime build.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I don't know what you guys are doing that you find the new Parkour more mashy or carpal tunnel inducing. It's literally the same CTRL+SPACE inputs except you don't have to spin attack and you don't have to put them in as fast.

The idea that coptering was good for melee weapon diversity is a hilarious joke.

I imagine that Armchair is just fixating on it for the sake of being Armchair... "life finds a way" and all that.

• Options

1: the action in parkour 2.0 does not cover the same distance so you need to perform the action more times.

2: max speed is not the same number of button presses as coptering was. Coptering was jump, crouch, attack. 3 actions. 4 if you did an air melee. What you described is too slow. In parkour 2.0, the highest speeds are achieved by bullet jump,, double jump, slide, glide, slide, glide ad infinitum in rapid succession until you can hit the ground and repeat it again. Covering the same distance with parkour 2.0 at top speed can easily take dozens of presses to copterings 3 or 4.

It really isn't even a point open for debate. Covering a distance quickly in parkour 2.0 is way more button intensive than coptering ever was.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

Bit of a difference between melee air attacks (lunge flight) and aerial spin attacks (coptering). Lunge flight was just hop and melee with a travel of ~2m to ~10m depending on melee and tended to gib anything nearby. It was still generally faster then running and smoother on my screen.

The crouch, jump. Slide, jump, whatever for faster movement adds up on me. Granted I could Macro but DE can get testy about that on occasion. Heck I wore out one keyboard just wight he constantly shift + lalt for the run & slide travel.

Don't get me wrong, parkour 2.0 brings some interesting stuff. It just looks like my toon is moving in slow motion for the simple movements.

• Options
    Nifty parkour course video with hobbled key from reddit forum
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3fnj36/dojo_obtacle_course_with_decaying_key_on_rhino/.compact
    Evidently rapidly hitting slide mid-air bumps momentum. As I said, it's neat stuff but holy hell those key presses.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I do miss lung attacks, but I'm glad they're gone. I prefer the idea that mobility is a function of the person, and the attack can be done just as you're moving, whenever. The lunges were how I did everything though, it's hard adjusting.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
This discussion has been closed.