As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Dac wrote: »
    Goddamn it I've killed like a million lancers by now.

Where's my fucking Heavy Trauma mod.

Why would you want one? It's generally inferior to all other damage mods.

I suppose I would want the Primed version, if anything. Just looking for ways to up my melee damage more. I use an Obex, and was thinking of swapping out Fury for Heavy Trauma. I like spamming out punches in an insane blur, but while it's good for building up combo meter, the fact that combo bonuses expire in like two seconds has proved kinda lame. (Side note, is there a mod out there that extends the length of the combo bonus?)

I've not super dug into the game yet, so my current weapon is thus:
    Warframe_2015_07_02_13_28_05_67.png

e: Maxed out pressure point just now, since that was kinda obvious.

The IPS (impact, puncture, slash) mods only boost their respective physical damage type. That boost is not used when calculating how much elemental damage will be granted by elemental mods. In most cases, an elemental mod is superior to an IPS mod. The only exceptions are if you picky about your damage types (ex: you want to proc specific elemental effects or adding new elemental mods would change your damage typing and prevent you from exploiting the weakness of a specific enemy) or if the weapon in question is heavily biased for only a single physical damage type (even then, only the latest generation of semi-exclusive IPS mods provides a boost capable of surpassing elemental mods).

Fury BTW is practically a must for melee builds. By increasing your attack rate, it acts as a raw multiplier for your damage output that is applied after all other boosts are taken into account. Melee weapons don't even need to worry about the ammo inefficiency problem that firearms do, so rof boosts are pretty much pure upside. Additionally it helps you Proc elemental effects within a given time period by giving you more dice rolls. Plus it lets you copter better.

Primed Fury, if it existed, would be one mod that I'd be willing to pay gross quantities of plat for (presuming I was out of town and unable to buy it when it was available for ducats). Attack rate is that much of a game changer for melee.

Fury is the one mod that I auto-include on every melee weapon. When leveling a new melee weapon, it is the first mod I equip (even before pressure point. However I'm a coptering fan ). If the weapon has moderate critical capabilities, then I slot berserker as well.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Oh, it doesn't help multiply the elemental damage? Then yeah, no real boost, there.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Fury also boosts rof on the redeemers shotgun attack last I checked.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Only the base damage mods help the elemental boost. (that's pressure point and spoiled strike for melee. I think there is one for channeled attacks as well, but I don't use channeled attacks).

(edit : not that channeled attacks are bad. They just don't have an appeal to me since I normally just use my melee weapon as a mobility tool)

It is worth mentioning that the faction specific damage mods (bane of______) apply their damage boost last, so they benefit from the boosts granted by all of your other mods. If you know you are going to fight a specific faction, then using those are ideal for maxing damage output.

However I normally fight in the void which has a mix of factions , so I usually don't bother with those and instead stick with generalist builds. If I do use it, it is normally the infested one for my melee weapon since 99% of the time infested are the only enemies I attack with melee weapons.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Your weapon's base damage needs to be like 90-95% Impact for an Impact mod to be worthwhile, and even then only the +120% Impact event mod would be better than a +90% element. The regular old Impact mods don't even come close.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Dang, so many blasted shotgun mods from nightmare farming you would think they were dropping Hek Prime for next gun... Table seems bad skewed.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Dang, so many blasted shotgun mods from nightmare farming you would think they were dropping Hek Prime for next gun... Table seems bad skewed.

it is murderously bad

so much that you are basically better off waiting for specific nightmare alerts rewarding the most desirable mods like blaze and wildfire and lethal torrent
    Your weapon's base damage needs to be like 90-95% Impact for an Impact mod to be worthwhile, and even then only the +120% Impact event mod would be better than a +90% element. The regular old Impact mods don't even come close.

yeah Dac, the regular phys type mods are hot garbage. they are complete junk and waste of a mod slot compared to anything else, really. only the event piercing, slash, impact mods are worth it and since they're event only so far and I don't think DE has gotten around to rereleasing them they are extremely pricy in trade

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Didn't we just get the event impact mods rereleased?

Like, last month?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    They were introduced for the first time a couple months ago, if that's what you mean. Way too soon for a rerelease.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    yeah the false profit event was their debut and not a rerelease? unless they were rereleased without me realizing it

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    No, that's probably what I was thinking of.

As for rereleased event mods, I probably also conflated those with the elemental ones that popped up on the trader recently.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    It occurs to me that another reason DE is sticking primes into the vault is that it encourages us to burn through a bunch of keys to get those parts, right before a new pack of primes is released.

• Options
    Event mods being Primed version of the normal ones, I assume? Or are there ones that are even better than those?

Additionally, looking for advice on what to do. I feel like I should be clearing the 30+ planet missions, but those seems like ghost towns for how populated the game is. Am I supposed to be moving into the Void at this point? Advertising for groups?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Event mods are their own thing, unrelated to the Primed ones.

Thus far, event mods have consisted mostly of dual-stat mods, in the element/status chance flavor. Mostly noteworthy for costing far less mod capacity, and also having an actually useful amount of status chance boost, unlike the vanilla mods.

There's also a set of physical damage mods for piercing/slashing/impact, which while better than their non-event counterparts, are only better than more elemental damage on specific weapons where the physical damage is lopsided towards one of the three.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Event mods being Primed version of the normal ones, I assume? Or are there ones that are even better than those?

Additionally, looking for advice on what to do. I feel like I should be clearing the 30+ planet missions, but those seems like ghost towns for how populated the game is. Am I supposed to be moving into the Void at this point? Advertising for groups?
    • Get access to all planets so you can do all invasions/alerts
    • Kill bosses, get frame/weapon parts, build them
    • Do quests for the newer frames
    • If it's Mesa, just lie down on the floor and start sobbing
    • Come up with a list of mods you need, check the wiki for what drops them, and go farm them
    • Farm up fusion cores and credits to rank them up
    • Build Sentinels/hatch spacedoge
    • Run Nightmare missions
    • Do Vault runs for corrupted mods
    • Get Void keys, run them for Prime parts forma bps
    • Do syndicate missions

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    What is the Blackout event and how does it work? Been trying to farm the boar p and dakra bits that I don't have (got rhino and boltor stuff. May just see if I can trade them out later).

Ran into stalker while solo and he gave me his sigil, so there was that. But yeah.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    What is the Blackout event and how does it work? Been trying to farm the boar p and dakra bits that I don't have (got rhino and boltor stuff. May just see if I can trade them out later).

Ran into stalker while solo and he gave me his sigil, so there was that. But yeah.

You're on xbone, yeah? Tac alert blackout involves you hacking a console on an empty ship and then getting jumped by an asload of grineer maniacs

I would recommend you bring aoe weapons that won't friendly fire yourself

• Options
    Blackout was a nasty one. Had to hide on top of a locker and mostly spam nukes while decoy/minions drew them in. Don't remember how many tries that last run with like 30 mainaics took but I remember running several frames out of revives...

Dang, some folks have all the luck. Just did a mercury defense with a level 0, and we got point strike, serration, and split chamber. Pretty darn good setup for someone that hadn't hit 20 on their stock gear/frame.

• Options
    Huh, so the credit bonus this weekend is multiplied with the credit booster. Getting ~100k with credit booster stacking on seimeni, which is kinda nice :)

• Options
    So I should bring Saryn and an AoE? Dont have one that won't nuke me too though! :P

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    So, what's the build for Saryn? I take it power efficiency and range are top priority, but I don't have them yet. I think I read armor is good?

• Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Saryn basically wants as much power strength and efficiency as possible, with whatever range she can get without hurting other stats. She also wants to minimize duration, since her ult does x damage over y time, so the shorter y is, the faster her ult does all of its damage. Maxed Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude are good, if you have those.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only power mods I have are damaged, unfortunately. Guess I've got some farming to do.

Are there any nodes that are specifically good for farming mods? I'm running out of fusion fodder (I used like 60 mods to get Steel Fiber to 5 pips).

• Options
    Mobile Defense nodes tend to be good, because there are tons and tons of enemy spawns but it's a non-endless mission so you can get out pretty quickly.

Check the wiki for the mod you want and it probably has a notation for a good farming location.

• Options
    Thanks to dudes for bringing me along on a few Void missions today. Was fun!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Got the Boar Prime BP, just need the barrel, which I'm 90% certain I've sold in the past... and the dakra handle.

I'm thinking that "get all the prime weapons" may be my next warframe crusade. Should keep me playing it steady for a bit.

edit: also the aklex truly seems to be a weapon that exists soley for mastery points.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I've been using the Aklex. I don't know that it's good, as I'm only 50~ hours in, but I slotted in damage, crit, and crit damage with fire rate and it's pretty been pretty baller. Great accuracy if you're able to deal with the recoil. Every third shot or so is a crit and pretty much gibs whatever it hits.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's pretty good.
    The King of Pistols, though, is probably the Marelok. Thing's practically a second primary. (Especially the fancy version you get from the Steel Meridian.)

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    So, what's the build for Saryn? I take it power efficiency and range are top priority, but I don't have them yet. I think I read armor is good?

Once you can afford it I can't recommend the Regenerative Molt augment enough. It IMHO takes Saryn to the next level.
    Sadly the other augments like their power duration positive, and as such are a lot less useful on a nuke Saryn (and their usefulness in no way justifies not using a nuke saryn).
    That said, Venom Dose can be VERY powerful.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It's pretty good.
    The King of Pistols, though, is probably the Marelok. Thing's practically a second primary. (Especially the fancy version you get from the Steel Meridian.)

Secondaries have a long history of being better than primaries. Mostly due to their mods being so much better than their counterparts for primaries. Anybody remember the Acrid back in damage 1.0?

Aklex is a great sidearm. It has just been eclipsed by stuff like Lex prime and the overpowered marelok.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    IDK, it's done nothing but disappoint so far. I liked the Lex better.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The thing with the AkLex is that you need a recoil mod to utilize its advantages (ie, faster firing). Unfortunately it's one of those mods where you probably have a marelok before you can get your hands on it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Heh, just run a couple rounds of Triton and you'll have more Steady Hands than you know what to do with.

• Options
    The thing with the AkLex is that you need a recoil mod to utilize its advantages (ie, faster firing). Unfortunately it's one of those mods where you probably have a marelok before you can get your hands on it.

Yeah, I have those mods. I just dont think the aklex is for me. Dual sniper pistols and all.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Kubro egg alert on Earth (Gaia Sector)

EDIT: link added

EDIT2: and it's gone

Blain on
  • Options
    Bought a batch of t3md keys, got the Boar Prime Barrel on the last one.

So now I get to choose between trying to get into T2 Exts... or the drag that is T4 Interceptions to rotation C... :S

• Options
    Preemptive edit: oh wait you're on xbox aren't you.

My 35 T2E keys are just here to taunt you now aren't they. :/

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Preemptive edit: oh wait you're on xbox aren't you.

My 35 T2E keys are just here to taunt you now aren't they. :/

That reminds me that I have something like 75 t4d keys and a ton of other random keys from when you could buy specific ones with syndicate faction for cheap.

edit: ahh, it's 78 t4d, 29 t4md, and 30 t4s

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ok, that's odd. The excal I just pulled from the oven has no polarity in the aura slot.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Wiki says Excal does not.

This discussion has been closed.