As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's normal. I remember polarizing my Cal's aura.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Just ran a solo T3S to 40 minutes. Here's what I got:

5 min: Fang Prime BP
    10 min: 3x Rare fusion cores
    15 min: 3x Uncommon fusion cores
    20 min: Forma BP
    25 min: 3x Orokin cells
    30 min: 3x Orokin cells
    35 min: 3x Rare fusion cores
    40 min: Bo Prime BP

But yeah it's definitely all those Mag, Boar, and Dakra parts clogging up the drop tables amirite

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You sure did prove everyone wrong by running a mission that only has one Dakra part in the second reward tier and one Mag part in the third tier.

Myth busted.

• Options
    Or - and stay with me here - the point could have been that the drop tables aren't diluted because of an overabundance of prime parts in them, but rather the drop tables are diluted by an extreme overweighting of utter garbage you can get anywhere on the star chart.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i'm pretty sure my favorite part about drop tables is the fact you can still get forma bps for every single reward rotation on a t4D - the only mission to drop Loki Prime systems

THIS MEANS YOU COULD GET 4 FORMA BPS IN 20 MINUTES OF T4D

AKA GET FUCKED

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Just ran a solo T3S to 40 minutes. Here's what I got:

5 min: Fang Prime BP
    10 min: 3x Rare fusion cores
    15 min: 3x Uncommon fusion cores
    20 min: Forma BP
    25 min: 3x Orokin cells
    30 min: 3x Orokin cells
    35 min: 3x Rare fusion cores
    40 min: Bo Prime BP

But yeah it's definitely all those Mag, Boar, and Dakra parts clogging up the drop tables amirite

So, yesterday the batch of T3MDs that I got were 4. Of those 4 solo runs I got:

2 Boar Prime BPs
    1 Boar Prime Stock
    1 Boar Prime Barrel

It was a boaring time, but one can clearly see that Boar parts are choking T3MD to death with this, right? RIGHT?

The only thing both our two lists demonstrate is the fickle nature of the RNG.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I ran that same mobile defense a bunch the other day and got similar results. All it should tell you is in that particular table, those parts are common. I bet if you were looking for a Boltor BP you'd be singing a different tune. Oh noes! Too diluted! Does that mean that come Wednesday when the Boar parts vanish, T3MD will be dropping Scindo Blades and Boltor BPs with the same ferocity? I highly doubt it.

That's how they've always done these drops. 2-3 parts are extremely common and 1-2 are incredibly rare to act as a bottleneck. The one-off missions tend to have a bit better ratio of prime parts to junk (though they have more than their share of keys). Endless missions have gotten obnoxious lately since DE apparently decided "Well they can get a dozen rolls on the table with one key so let's fill their tables with fucking junk!" Hence: keys, ocells, cores, and forma forma forma forma forma. Forma dropping on rotation C is just incredibly insulting.

When people complain about dilution it's because they're either (a) looking for a particular part, or (b) looking for any part to trade or smelt into ducats. When they say "This sucks I'm getting too many Sicarus Barrels" what they really mean is "I'm getting [thing I don't want] instead of [thing I want]." They're not complaining that there are too many prime parts in the void -- there really aren't! There are just less than 100! But they're competing for space with a massive pile of garbage that takes up a huge weighted chunk of the table, one that DE is unwilling to reduce and has actually increased recently (was anyone really asking for ocells??)

There could be fifty total prime parts in the void or five hundred, but it wouldn't matter since the tables are hard coded to drop junk the majority of the time. The tables aren't diluted by prime parts, they're diluted by filler that's put there intentionally. So this line about primes going into the vault to reduce dilution is completely transparent, it's DE pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure my favorite part about drop tables is the fact you can still get forma bps for every single reward rotation on a t4D - the only mission to drop Loki Prime systems

THIS MEANS YOU COULD GET 4 FORMA BPS IN 20 MINUTES OF T4D

AKA GET FUCKED

Eh, maybe it's weighted against what you have. God knows I can't get forms BP's but get piles of stuff I already have. Archwing seems really good at this.

• Options
    Wound up buying a Dakra set for 30p just for the handle because I realized that my time is quite literally worth more than doing T4 Interception to wave Cs... (of which I have a ton of keys for, or farming/buying T2 keys). i had just missed someone trying to trade a handle for prolonged paralysis too. but eh.

This proves that the system works in its entirety. :P

• Options
    Bert if you need forma BPs go run T3MD; I did another 8-10 today and got probably 6 formas.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Could somebody invite me to the clan? My in game name is Frolic766.

• Options
    Ash/Vectis/Carrier Prime is liiiiiiiiive

GET HYPE

• Options
    Ash/Vectis/Carrier Prime is liiiiiiiiive

GET HYPE

yeah, I'm torn between priming out or grinding them out.

I want Carrier Prime more though. What's the drop locations, or rather which slot did it replace?

I still need to work on Wyrm prime too.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Mag’s Greedy Pull Augment will now only draw in items for Mag.
    RIP

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Oh hey a hotfix because they forgot to remove Mag, Boar and Dakra parts.

:rotate:

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

RIP
    Mag did nothing wrong.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Tentative drop list, may or may not be total bullshit:
    CARRIER PRIME:
    - BLUEPRINT — T4 Interception, rotation A [confirmed]
    - CEREBRUM — T2 Exterminate [confirmed]
    - CARAPACE — T3 Exterminate [confirmed]
    - SYSTEMS — T4 Sabotage

ASH PRIME:
    - BLUEPRINT — T3 Defence, rotation C
    - CHASSIS — T2 Survival, rotation C [confirmed]; T4 Survival, rotation A
    - HELMET — T4 Sabotage [confirmed]
    - SYSTEMS — T3 Survival, rotation C [confirmed]

VECTIS PRIME:
    - BLUEPRINT — T1 Mobile Defence [confirmed]
    - BARREL — T4 Interception, rotation B [confirmed]; T3 Survival, rotation B
    - RECEIVER — T4 Exterminate
    - STOCK — T3 Mobile Defense

DivideByZero on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Wait, if they removed mag prime, how do you get to rank 5 in perrin sequence now?

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »

Wait, if they removed mag prime, how do you get to rank 5 in perrin sequence now?

You hope they didn't forget to replace that requirement with something else. They've made more glaring mistakes in the past.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    They replace the syndicate sacrifices with another helmet. That's what they did when they took Frost out behind the barn too.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Holy god damn FUCK my internet. I'm lagging out and/or dropping from almost every game I play. I just dropped at 39:53 on a T3 survival. Would I have gotten the systems? Who knows? NOT ME!

Everything else is working fine but Warframe keeps choking and their idiotic rejoin prevention stuff makes it all the more aggravating.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Okay I feel better now.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

RIP

oh that is somewhat bullshit.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    qtdhu4il6fix.jpg

6ut5f7omw5u1.jpg

yesssssssss

Systems now drop from T3 Sab. SO glad I didn't cave and buy them from someone. Had to burn most of my keys for it, but I don't even care because Loki Fuckin' Prime.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    oh good loki systems should stop being sold for ridiculous prices now

• Options
    Odd, looks like there is a naming mismatch between the carrier p and wyrm p stuff, might have gotten that part in the couple dozen t2e runs last night after all:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3cj22b/uhh_there_might_be_a_problem_here/.compact

• Options
    Oh yeah, does the Carrier Prime come with the best shotgun in the game too, the Sweeper?

• Options
    Heck I just want to know if it can finally use the melee module (deconstructor?). I rarely care what mods, if any, are on melee weapons.

• Options
    It comes with Sweeper Prime, similar to how Wyrm Prime has the Prime Laser Rifle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I'm very tempted to spend an unwise amount of money on prime access. Never done it before, but Ash is my fav/main guy, so I'm wrestlin.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    If you are going to spend money on Warframe, prime access is probably the way to do it. In addition to the frame, you'll have tons of plat for buying other prime gear or rare mods outright in trade chat.

The long duration credit /affinity boosters are nice as well.

It was really jerkish of them to move carrier prime to the most expensive slot though.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Figures that I just now am finally building Ash, specifically to do spy missions.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    If you are going to spend money on Warframe, prime access is probably the way to do it. In addition to the frame, you'll have tons of plat for buying other prime gear or rare mods outright in trade chat.

It was really jerkish of them to move carrier prime to the most expensive slot though.

They've actually rectified that and added Carrier Prime to all level of prime access.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

They've actually rectified that and added Carrier Prime to all level of prime access.

Thanks for the correction. My information was apparently outdated.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

They did?!

Even the accessories one? Or do you still need the basic level?

• Options
    edited July 2015

The prime is not cheap but if you play it a lot I consider it worth it. Between the boosters and plat it shaves a fair bit off the really annoying grinding. Ash/Carrier is a heck of a jump start too.

*edit - granted take what I said with a grain of salt as I'm a consumer whore, I've gotten like three of the packs since I started

DreadBert on
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I think the 80 dollar pack would be worth it, but I just dont think the accesories this time look good. The Edo Prime was worth it.

I have 1800 plat left and nothing to really spend it on. I think Ill farm what I can for CarrierP and AshP, but when the dust settles by U18 or so I'll start looking to buy.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Crewman sanctuary lore is in.
    I don't know overmuch of the background lore, but if my guess is correct, it's sounding like the tenno aren't the only Orokin creation to rebel against their creators.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I think the 80 dollar pack would be worth it, but I just dont think the accesories this time look good. The Edo Prime was worth it.

I have 1800 plat left and nothing to really spend it on. I think Ill farm what I can for CarrierP and AshP, but when the dust settles by U18 or so I'll start looking to buy.

I guess if you really like a blinginel, the accessories pack is your bag. Couldn't see myself using that syandana either.

• Options
    edited July 2015

They did?!

Even the accessories one? Or do you still need the basic level?

Nope, the accessories pack is always just the 90 day boosters plus whatever cosmetic bits they have for the current pack.

Edit: On an unrelated note, they've posted a full list of prime part ducat value changes that came with the prime access update:
    AKBRONCO PRIME LINK: 50 to 30

ANKYROS PRIME GAUNTLET: 50 to 20

BO PRIME HANDLE: 50 to 30

BOLTOR PRIME BLUEPRINT: 20 to 30

BRATON PRIME BARREL: 50 to 30

BRATON PRIME RECEIVER: 50 to 30

BRATON PRIME STOCK: 20 to 20

BRONCO PRIME BARREL: 20 to 50

BURSTON PRIME BLUEPRINT: 50 to 20

BURSTON PRIME RECEIVER: 20 to 30

EMBER PRIME BLUEPRINT: 20 to 50

EMBER PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT: 20 to 30

HIKOU PRIME BLUEPRINT: 50 to 10

HIKOU PRIME POUCH: 50 to 20

LEX PRIME RECEIVER: 20 to 30

LOKI PRIME BLUEPRINT: 20 to 30

LOKI PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT: 50 to 30

PARIS PRIME GRIP: 10 to 30

SCINDO PRIME HANDLE: 20 to 30

SOMA PRIME RECEIVER: 20 to 30

VASTO PRIME RECEIVER: 20 to 30

VOLT PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT: 50 to 20

VOLT PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT: 10 to 30

WYRM PRIME BLUEPRINT: 20 to 50

WYRM PRIME CARAPACE: 20 to 30

WYRM PRIME CEREBRUM: 20 to 30

WYRM PRIME SYSTEMS: 50 to 30

I think the most notable change is the Hikou parts losing a huge amount of their value, making T2 Sab weaker for ducat farming.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.