As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arcade [Phalla]: Game Over-HAIL CENTIPEDE! ....and Joe

1282930313234»

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks for running. Infidel was so obviously playing mafia Infidel but I died before I was 100 percent sure. If he only is attacking those talking, then ignores their response, you know he is mafia.

With that said, the mafia played well and deserved the win.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    I was tempted to reserve in (after backing out like twice :rotate:) to come in in a blaze of glory bandwagoning infidel for being mafia infidel.

My plans were foiled by Infidel himself asking if any reserves wanted to replace him. Nope nope nope :P

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Just according to keikaku

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    I also seem to forget that playing as a mafioso is a lot of fun when I'm looking over the games and considering to join, it might have changed my mind if I actually thought about it a bit. Oh well, it's almost summer and then I'll be able to play again!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    ROLES II

Mafia
    Mass PM
    centissequ.png
    Welcome to CENTIPEDE. You are now part of an elite organization set on dominating all of Arcadea and creating a new world Order! Among your ranks are:
    • Bedlam as Sonic the HedgeHog
    • Farangu as Bill Rizer
    • Infidel as Tyris Flare
    • Jpants as Dazzler
    • JusticeforPluto as Captain Falcon
    • Obifett as M.Bison
    • schuss as Mike Haggar
    • SlyM as Charmy Anderson
    and
    • Tiphareth as CATS

You have several Powers as a group at your Disposal:
    • [SWARM] Each night you make select two players to eliminate from the game.
    • [Ties that Bind] Each night you make select a person to Roleblock.
    • [Whole in One] You may add or subtract a vote from a targeted player. While this ability isn't attached to a specific CENTIPEDE member, an agent must still being voting for the designated target.
    • [Stampede] Should you be reduced to Three Agents. One of your kills will become unblockable.
    • [Frenzy] Should you be reduced to Two Agents. You will gain a third kill.
    200_s.gif
    Cobra Commander Has Faith in All of You
    Jpants-Dazzler
    You Are
    bedazzle.gif
    Name: Dazzler
    First Arcade Appearance: X-Men (1992)
    Allegiance: CENTIPEDE
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    Win Condition: Outnumber and Overrun the Inhabitants of Arcadea
    Obifett - M. Bison
    bymvega.jpg
    Name: M. Bison
    First Arcade Appearance: Street Fighter 2 (1991)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    SlyM- Charmy Anderson
    You Are
    charmeand.png
    Name: Charmy Anderson
    First Arcade Appearance: Dance Dance Revolution 3rdMIX(1999)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    Bedlam- Sonic the Hedgehog
    sonicaltsran.png
    Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
    First Arcade Appearance: SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter (1991)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    Infidel - Tyris Flare
    You Are
    tysonflare.png
    Name: Tyris Flare
    First Arcade Appearance: Golden Axe (1989)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    JusticeforPluto - Captain Falcon
    You Are
    falcline.png
    Name: Captain Falcon
    First Arcade Appearance: F-Zero AX (2003)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, Obifett, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    Tiphareth - CATS
    catsthename.png
    Name: CATS
    First Arcade Appearance: Zero Wing(1989)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss and SlyM-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    schuss - Mike Haggar
    You Are
    mikelove.jpg
    Name: Mike Haggar
    First Arcade Appearance: Final Fight (1989)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Farangu, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.
    Farangu - Bill Rizer
    You Are
    contradude.png
    Name: Bill Rizer
    First Arcade Appearance: Contra (1987)
    Power: [AGENT] Along with Bedlam, Infidel, Jpants, JusticeforPluto, Obifett, schuss, SlyM and Tiphareth-you are a member of CENTIPEDE.

Third Parties
    TehSloth - TIE Pilot (Serial Killer)
    tielight.png
    Name: Tie Pilot
    First Arcade Appearance: Star Wars(1983)
    Allegiance: The Death Star
    Powers:
    • [L-s1 Laser Cannons] Each night you may select a player to eradicate. You have clearance to disintegrate.
    • [Shadow Formation]Each night you may pick player to take your place should you be attacked. If no attack takes place, said player will merely receive a shadowy warning from the Hosts. If someone should attack you and another take your place, then you will lose this ability but still be able to pick targets to "frighten".
    Win Condition: Remain the last man standing and eliminate all Inhabitants of Arcadea
    Grunt's Ghosts- Dracula ("Princess")
    You Are
    dracuyay.png
    Name: Dracula
    First Arcade Appearance: Haunted Castle(1988)
    Allegiance: Free Love
    Powers:
    • [Dead Sexy] You have an unnatural aura and beauty that has attracted unwanted attention. Two men are hunting you with the hopes of making you their bride, you must not let this come to be!
    • [Let the Right One In] Each night you may select a player and enter their "realm" to hide in. You will be hidden from those seeking you, unless they search the realm you currently occupy.
    • [Blinded By The Light] Survive to the end of the game while remaining free from the clutches of your would-be suitors.
    Win Condition: Survive to the end of the game while remaining free from the clutches of your would-be suitors.
    Cythraul - Joe Musashi ("Knight")
    You Are
    iseeshinob.png
    Name: Joe Musashi
    First Arcade Appearance: Shinobi(1987)
    Allegiance: Twilight
    Powers:
    • [LoveJitsu] You have fallen for the whimsical maiden that is Dracula. Yet they remain hidden from you. Each night you may select a person and search for your beloved. Should you find her, she will be yours!
    • [Heart to Heart] But you are not the only one who has fallen for the fair Dracula, for there is another. Should you come across this rival suitor during your search, you shall dispatch of them using your patented “Heart Burster”.
    Win Condition: Rescue your Love and Keep Her Alive and Safe for the Rest of the Game
    bshin.jpg
    MrTLiciou - Super Joe ("Knight")
    gojoe.png
    Name: Super Joe
    First Arcade Appearance: Bionic Commando(1987)
    Allegiance: Necrophilia
    Powers:
    • [Scanner] You have fallen for a naughty little minx named Dracula. But alas she has gone missing! Each night you may use your bionic implants to search a player to see if your hot-to-trot mama is anywhere to be found. If Dracula is, then s/he is yours!
    • [Heat Signature] Yet your sensors tell you that are not alone in this search! If your scanners should come across a rival seeking the hand of the fair Dracula- you will instantly vaporize. So is the way of Bionic on Undead love.
    Win Condition: Rescue your Love and Keep Her Alive and Safe for the Rest of the Game

Egos on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game!

It was nice to not get myself voted out for doing something dumb.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, I had fun.

I have a Shredder action figure here somewhere, which I wanted to dig out and take pictures of to add to my post, but I don't know where he is right now.

Regardless, it was a good game. It feels like I was the one who lost the game for the village, but actually now that I have all the information, it looks like we would have lost even if Infidel was voted out last night anyway.

Good game everybody! It turns out I can't find mafia members for shit!

@Sir Fabulous Nah, you're not responsible for the loss. I suspected TA as well so I was willing to sit back and let things unfold as they were. I'm not even sure I could have convinced the rest of you to vote my way but I could have tried. But I was also suspicious of TA and Infidel played well.

Assuran wrote: »
    Thanks for running. Infidel was so obviously playing mafia Infidel but I died before I was 100 percent sure. If he only is attacking those talking, then ignores their response, you know he is mafia.

With that said, the mafia played well and deserved the win.

At least I have some kind of validation now for my repeated squabbles with him. And I won't feel bad about it in the future.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Day 1'd! Nooooo!!!

Well it looked like fun and I had fun for the day I was around. No worries @Bedlam shit happens lol. I'm glad Egos and 38th were privy to the RP session with Retaba, makes me feel like I accomplished -something- this game ;)

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Maybe don't reveal day 1?

In most, maybe all, of those cases, including this game, we didn't. It's getting silly.

ITT 38th is referencing you telling schuss you have a power that may or may not come into play. So mafias killed you.

Anyway, I'll put up more roles later. There is a limit to how many I can put in the first post. Also will put up a master spreadsheet. The one 38th and I currently have is a bit of a mess atm (i.e. comments,etc.) and needs a bit cleaning up.

In plenty of other games we didn't.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    He still told you he had a power. If you're a special- you don't tell someone you are a special. Just like if you are mafia you wouldn't tell someone.

Was just talking about what 38th was referencing. No idea regarding past behavior.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Unless you're kime in the latter case. Since y'know he's mafia even when he isn't.

...or are going for a strange gambit of making people go "wtf".

Egos on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Thanks for running, friends. @Cythraul, your pm made it pretty obvious that was the only other if our kind so I appreciate the ceasefire you offered. I happened to get GG the first day so I can't imagine what Egos was thinking at reading this

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this, @Egos and @38thDoe! It was nice to phallate once again.

What's the next one, yessss...