As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Only a Carpathian would be stupid enough to post in the [Trailers] thread

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't even know why they would do a movie about Benghazi, seriously four people died, it was tragic, but what story is left to tell that the republicans haven't fed the NY post to slag hillary clinton with?

Shit I expect Trey Gowdy will subpoena micheal bay to testify how Hillary really killed the people in benghazi.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I'm guessing that the entire time spent making the film + the entire time spent watching it will still be less time than the republicans have "investigated".

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the entire time spent making the film + the entire time spent watching it will still be less time than the republicans have "investigated".

It already is, Gowdy's commission on Benghazi has gone on longer than any investigation into anything in this country ever. Its a national embarrassment.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I imagine some Republican front runner promised to remove any laws preventing him from getting young women to change multiple times into skimpy outfits as part of the audition process if he were to make something anti-democrat.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Are you ready for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie?

wha

oh god I just woke up and I'm covered in black vomit

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu7JMiXSDxw

I must admit, I didn't know 3 or 4 ever existed.

Rhah on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Not only 4 movies but a short lived tv show. And wow Jamie Kennedy and a rip off die hard line?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I will always watch a new Tremors program. It fuels me for many months.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Like the Sherlock Holmes quote at the end there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I only saw the first two Tremors movies because the other direct to dvd movies looked like the bad kind of terrible

that looks like the amazing kind of terrible, october needs to hurry up and get here

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Does here. I'd kill for a big budget Punisher movie!

As long as it's not directed by Michael Bay.

Honestly, the Punisher as a character is about as subtle as a brick, so Michael Bay wouldn't be a horrible choice for a movie of a dude in a skull t-shirt murdering hundreds of criminals because his family got shot in front of him.
    Rhah wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu7JMiXSDxw

I must admit, I didn't know 3 or 4 ever existed.

Holy god I can't believe there's a fifth one! I figured that franchise was dead an buried after they did a Wild West movie.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Does here. I'd kill for a big budget Punisher movie!

As long as it's not directed by Michael Bay.

Honestly, the Punisher as a character is about as subtle as a brick, so Michael Bay wouldn't be a horrible choice for a movie of a dude in a skull t-shirt murdering hundreds of criminals because his family got shot in front of him.

Early Bay I'd agree, current Bay is terrible. He's unable to make mediocre movies with shape-shifting robots. He'd find a way to fuck up Punisher, more talented people than him have failed. And the Punisher deserves better than Bay directing his movies.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I like continuum but I find it laughable that the corporations that enslave mankind are based in Vancouver

American corporations are going to enslave mankind thank you very much

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I like continuum but I find it laughable that the corporations that enslave mankind are based in Vancouver

American corporations are going to enslave mankind thank you very much

It's TV - everything's Canadian.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Looks decent, feels like it will be the dark horse oscar bait movie. Hard to compete with lesbain couple fighting cancer and marriage equality but it will tap into that wonder of youth in the unknown world angle critics love so much.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I thought Continuum was cancelled.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options

It is. This is the last season.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

It is. This is the last season.

Probably a good thing. I've only seen the first season, but it seemed like a story that would work best with a defined endpoint.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Deadpool Red Band Trailer is premiering this coming Tuesday on Conan. Green band one in front of F4.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    That definitely sold Zoolander. But is Kristen Wiig's job to be in sequels to funny first movies (and then have the sequel not be funny?)

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That definitely sold Zoolander. But is Kristen Wiig's job to be in sequels to funny first movies (and then have the sequel not be funny?)

She's the Carmen Electra of the 21st century?

EDIT: Wait, Carmen wasn't in sequels, she was in final 2-3 seasons of failing tv shows and eye-bleedingly terrible spoof movies, who am I really thinking of?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ted McGinley.

• Options
    So at mission impossible I saw that horrid Benghazi trailer, god damn in the trailer they already fucking lie about the history, we have had like 9 separate investigations micheal you know god damn well there was no stand down order.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    So at mission impossible I saw that horrid Benghazi trailer, god damn in the trailer they already fucking lie about the history, we have had like 9 separate investigations micheal you know god damn well there was no stand down order.

Well there was and there wasn't. These particular soldiers did have their direct superior tell them to hold up for about 20 minutes because they didn't have a clue on the situation. But it didn't "come from the top" and it didn't involve any other forces. It was just the commander of the troops saying "no, wait until we know what the fuck"

Edit: and it came during the lull in fighting so it's not like anyone was being shot at or anyone had an idea that anyone was being marched on when the order came

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    No kidding if there was a stand down order I am pretty sure the longest congressional investigation would have produced it and it would have been screamed across all media for the next year.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ&feature=youtu.be

Deadpool teaser. Trailer coming tomorrow.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »

Love how they mention Wolverine Origins in this.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Normally, "don't read the comments" is a good idea. But Fox got a bit cheeky with the trailer trailer release.

qunkkobxyf45.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Look just because you made fun of yourself for doing a trailer for a trailer... IT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER YOU DID THAT!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Look just because you made fun of yourself for doing a trailer for a trailer... IT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER YOU DID THAT!

In this case; yes, yes it does.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Look, when the universe gives you a snarky, fourth wall breaking superhero, you market the shit out of that.

• Options
    Yeah, Deadpool is one time where the "trailer to a trailer" doesn't bother me at all.

It helps that it is more than a 2-second clip with "Tune in to <x> tomorrow to see the full trailer!".

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, Deadpool is one time where the "trailer to a trailer" doesn't bother me at all.

It helps that it is more than a 2-second clip with "Tune in to <x> tomorrow to see the full trailer!".

Exactly. What makes it work is rather then just making a shorter more mysterious trailer saying "Real trailer coming soon", they go through the effort of making an actual short intro to the trailer.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Exactly. What makes it work is rather then just making a shorter more mysterious trailer saying "Real trailer coming soon", they go through the effort of making an actual short intro to the trailer.

I expect Deadpool to have a lot of fun viral marketing.

But that's also because I think Reynolds would wear the suit to go grocery shopping if he could.

• Options
    Well he's normally so hideous I can see that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA