As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy] VII 100% legitimate and happening remake. Yes, really.

• Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    Butterfly game is annoying but once you know how it works its easy because its deterministic.

Imagine the ground to be divided into grid like squares (because internally it is). Some of those squares have the bad butterflies. Do not step into those squares. After enough trial and error you can find the correct path. Generally you're hugging one side of the path or the other. You can still succeed even if you have 1 encounter. Hardest part is stopping in time to get the chest and not running off to the next screen, if you do you have to do it over.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ah! Almost cleared hard with this suicide team.
    npxabn4yoz3u.jpg

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    That seems a wee bit brave. I imagine Snow took punches like a wet paper bag?

• Options
    Oh yes. I could probably clear it if I go full retaliate and swap in a proper Black Mage (Rydia or Terra).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Always go Terra.

• Options
    Yeah the thing is my Rydia is 50 while Terra is 42. I think she outputs a bit more damage. What blows about this event is that so far I haven't seen any XIII gear drop.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Yeah the thing is my Rydia is 50 while Terra is 42. I think she outputs a bit more damage. What blows about this event is that so far I haven't seen any XIII gear drop.

There isn't any obtainable outside the Relic Draw.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    That sucks. I really don't want Vanille's weapon. I suppose I could use my Mythril on some fancy 4* weapons. Decisions...

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got Vanille super quick last night, but I don't really know if she'll have a spot on my team, at least not until everyone is 50 and I'm doing max difficulty stuff. Right now Cloud is 36 and he's my highest. I'm not pushing heroic content yet. I'm running Cloud, Dark Cecil, Paladin Cecil, Terra, and Celes. Seems like a really strong squad for the level I'm at.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The strongest squad is the one synchronized with the series you're running and kitted out in series gear.

Depending on gear and leveling, of course.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So are these events and such the main way to get new 'named' characters or what cause I've been doing a lot of the "story" dungeons for the stamina and I'm like...at least halfway through FF6's plot. Nothin.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    So are these events and such the main way to get new 'named' characters or what cause I've been doing a lot of the "story" dungeons for the stamina and I'm like...at least halfway through FF6's plot. Nothin.
    Yes and no. There's a bunch of named characters you unlock just by completing the story missions. But there are also timed/exclusive characters you unlock by doing events like the two currently ongoing.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Story characters are few and far between. The vast majority of characters come from the timed events. The events are generally a better investment of stamina too.

And specifically regarding the FF6 story missions, I think Cyan is the only one you get and he comes along pretty quickly.

Story is good for raising your stamina and collecting Mithril, but running events is better for pretty much everything else.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Vanille is doing 1k damage with -ga spells in the normal event at Lv.21.

Throwing Snow and Vanille in with Cloud, Tifa, Kain 50s makes clearing Normal cake until they can withstand the damage output of Hard enemies.

I tell myself I'm going to stop grinding the event at the XIII Wrist armor but seeing as I'm just coasting through Normal and Snow and Vanille get all that XP... no point in not doing it for the dumb orbs as well.

• Options
    I guess I should do that. Throw Snow and Vanille on the team and power them a ways. No point not to.

• Options
    Snow at 21 is hitting at 800 with whatever 3* weapon optimize put on him. Twenties feels too low to take into Hard.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Is there any bonus for collecting all lower level spells/abilities or are they just there to itch at that completionist part of my psyche

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone had any success using Retaliate against the final boss of the latest event? I've noticed that my counter attacks never target the boss's core unless I destroy the arms first, which seems like a waste of turns since they regenerate so quickly.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Is there any bonus for collecting all lower level spells/abilities or are they just there to itch at that completionist part of my psyche
    Actually you get penalized for it! Your "ability inventory" is limited, so all those worthless low-level abilities just take up space you could be using for actually useful abilities.

Xavier1216 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success using Retaliate against the final boss of the latest event? I've noticed that my counter attacks never target the boss's core unless I destroy the arms first, which seems like a waste of turns since they regenerate so quickly.
    I don't have much experience with Retaliate, but it perhaps it uses the same algorithm as regular attacks: target the enemy with the lowest HP (as a percentage). Try damaging the core first, leaving one arm at full HP, and then using Retaliate.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Xavier1216 wrote: »

Retaliate seems to target the enemy with the lowest percent health. So if you kill one arm, then damage the main body, you should see your retaliate attacks go to the body. I was having trouble if I used Quake on that fight because I would keep smacking the arms, and keeping this in mind seemed to help.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Butterfly game is a dirty trick. They don't move at all. Just find a map online, trace the path, and ace the sucker.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Billmaan wrote: »
    Actually you get penalized for it! Your "ability inventory" is limited, so all those worthless low-level abilities just take up space you could be using for actually useful abilities.

Well then!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Alright I hit my goal for get Protectga and Blade Blitz from the old event so now it's full on farm mode for new event to try and hit that Thundaja. Not sure if i'll be able to but I'm sure going to try!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

Really? I'm doing 6k with the gear I linked above. You using Thundaga?

• Options
    Snow at 21 is hitting at 800 with whatever 3* weapon optimize put on him. Twenties feels too low to take into Hard.
    Drop whomever you want to boost into the back row with the best armor you've got. Load everybody else up for bear. Expend resources as necessary in every fight until either the boosted character(s) is(are) dead or you're out of resources. Quit. Restart process until you're out of Stamina.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Is there a way to mitigate the laser damage of the end boss of the FF13 Snow painting? I can get to the end boss with full health on my party, and breeze through all the dungeons on auto attack. Get to the end boss and his AOE laser destroys me. Two shots and my whole party is wiped.

Edit: I'm using PCecil and Celes in my party. I put up Rampart and her AoE Magic Shield and those don't seem to do jack squat to mitigate the laser blast.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Really? I'm doing 6k with the gear I linked above. You using Thundaga?
    What gear?

I would imagine that's what is boosting her into godmode.

I just beat hard with Cloud, Tifa, Kain, Snow, and Vanille. Lv50 Tifa was the only KO.

Poor Tifa.

@jdarksun Optimize button does all my equipment choices. #teamnothought

joshgotro on
  • Options
    I'm using a Light Rod, a Wizard Hat++ and Earrings. Currently MAG at 145....well I'm 29 now so it might be a bit off.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    This event is pretty easy. At 31k memories after..five runs? Only a few optimal.

I ignore the arms pretty much, since I can wipe them out fairly quickly with Wakka and Rydia's soul break.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm using a Light Rod, a Wizard Hat++ and Earrings. Currently MAG at 145....well I'm 29 now so it might be a bit off.
    twra7ac55rgc.png
    Me thinking I had Thundaga spells...

joshgotro on
  • Options
    I have Vanille at 23, and with a lv15 Light Rod and Earring as the only MAG+ equipment, she has 145 MAG when you factor in the realm synergy.

I've got her and a 24 Snow trying to solo the first XIII heroic dungeon for exp, shits, and giggles. And they're actually pulling it off.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    @jdarksun Optimize button does all my equipment choices. #teamnothought
    Yeah, I would no shit pay $5 for an "Optimize for Series" button.

• Options
    I have Vanille at 23, and with a lv15 Light Rod and Earring as the only MAG+ equipment, she has 145 MAG when you factor in the realm synergy.

I've got her and a 24 Snow trying to solo the first XIII heroic dungeon for exp, shits, and giggles. And they're actually pulling it off.

What skills do you have on Snow? Double Cut? I mean he hits like a wet noodle and the best weapon I have for him is a 4* dagger.

• Options

What skills do you have on Snow? Double Cut? I mean he hits like a wet noodle and the best weapon I have for him is a 4* dagger.

Double Cut and Armor Break. But he is equipped with that rank 5 XII dagger, which makes anybody do good damage.

• Options
    Okay, lesson learned. Mastering a Hard version of a daily dungeon doesn't mean I'm ready for the Heroic version.

• Options
    Today's is especially bad.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=946021&page=192

A permanent archive of Square's greatest troll. You can really pinpoint the moment when everyone's hearts tore in half.

• Options

A permanent archive of Square's greatest troll. You can really pinpoint the moment when everyone's hearts tore in half.
    I have no idea what is going on there, but those people need to calm down.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

I have no idea what is going on there, but those people need to calm down.

That thread encapsulates perfectly why I make voodoo dolls for people that do the "GET HYPE EVERYBODY" shit on the forums.

No. How about you calm the fuck down instead?

• Options
    GET HYPE FOR VOODOO DOLL MAKING!!

This discussion has been closed.