As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What kind of gloves to use for car body work

WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insidesLet me show you themRegistered User regular
I just picked up some trim adhesive to re-affix some peeling trim on my car. Thing is, the warning on the back says that even skin contact with the adhesive requires medical attention. What kind of gloves should I use for application?

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    What sort of glue?

but usually just some disposable latex or neoprene if you have a latex allergy will work for most things.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    "Contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Thermoplastic Polyurethane, Vinyl Chloride, Vinyl Acetate, Maleic Acid Polymer, Isopropylidenediphenol-Epichlorohydrin Polymer". Mean anything to you? I'll pick up some disposable gloves tomorrow.

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I know the MEK is pretty irritating, and a plastic welding agent.
    The rest seem to just be various plastics/polymers, which arent too good for your health if inhaled or come into contact with.

Just be careful and work in a very well ventilated area would be my advice.

If you go to the brands website for the glue it should have a link to the products material safety data sheet, that would have specifics to what precautions to use.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    MEK is probably the most troubling of those components. But like Foomy said, wear neoprene gloves and do the work with your garage door open and a pedestal fan blowing fresh air in from outside, and you should be fine.