As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Eldritch Horror 2: Electric Boogymen - FIN.

NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in ActionNorth CarolinaRegistered User regular
edited July 2015 in Critical Failures
THE MADNESS RETURNS!!!

eldritch-horror-banner.jpg

It is 1926 and the world stands on the brink of catastrophe. An elder being of unfathomable power threatens to awaken from its long slumber and bring about death and madness in it's wake before it has it's morning cup of coffee souls. Strange cults and unspeakable monsters wreak havoc on every continent of the world as the fabric of reality tears itself apart like a cheap dime novel dame's corset. They seek to open gates to bizarre other worlds, and don't even have the common courtesy to close them afterwards.

Only a few pitiful fools brave investigators have a clue understand what is truly happening (Hint: it's REALLY not good). These poor tenacious souls come from all walks of life and decide that "hey I LIVE HERE, and I'll be damned if some fish-faced GOD is gonna destroy MY world." It falls upon them to investigate what is going, explore the remote corners of the globe, fight these living nightmarish creatures that lurk in the shadows, and find the answers that can stop this

ELDRITCH HORROR

Yep, we're screwed.

It's time to do another play by post of Eldritch Horror! For those of you that missed my last game last month, Eldritch Horror can be considered Arkham 2.0, as the game is somewhat more streamlined, but slightly larger in scope. In it, we have 12 Investigators with fixed stats (none of that "adjusting stats at the beginning of your turn" stuff here and it actually states in the rules that if a current investigator becomes crippled or insane, you pick a new investigator and continue playing and provided the previous investigator is still alive, you can receive aid from them), and only 4 Elder Ones at the start (though Forsaken Lore did add a 5th one, Yig). There's also only 1 game board though a second did just get released that covers Antarctica in greater detail (Mountains of Madness, which adds 8 new investigators and 2 new Ancient Ones).

The Rules can be downloaded/viewed from the Fantasy Flight Page here

As well as the reference sheet

And Errata/FAQ

So what exactly is this?

Similar to Arkham Horror, this is a co-operative board game where the players work together to beat the clock and prevent an Old God from waking up on the wrong side of the universe and causing "very bad things" (tm) to happen. In case you can't tell, this based on the HP Lovecraft Mythos. During the course of the game several things might happen that will impede the investigators' such as stopping a plague cult that is taking advantage of the weirdness from wiping out everyone.

Here's the game board. I'll put it in a spoiler so I don't possibly break H-scroll
57476-eldritch-board-2.jpg

So how is this game played?

Each player (game can be played with up to 8 players) picks an investigator and starts following whatever clues they find. The Lead Investigator (that would be me in this case since I have the board and cards) has some extra steps to perform afterwards called the Mythos Phase where "Bad Shit Happens" and it also signifies the start of a new round. Each round has 3 phases:

Action Phase - This is where the investigators perform their actions. They may perform ONE TWO of the following actions (but not the same action twice unless described):
Move along a single section. Using the board picture above, an investigator could start in Arkham and travel to that nice, nondescript Midwestern city (or that Mexico/Texas board city, but really, why would you want to?) and then spend their next turn going from the city to San Francisco

Rest and recuperate. The investigator takes a breather and recovers both 1 health and 1 sanity (see? Told you this game was a little more forgiving). However if there's a monster in the same space, this can't happen.

Trade items among themselves, but only to investigators that are in the same location. You can trade Artifacts, Clues, Assets, Spells, and Tickets. Which brings us too...

Prepare for Travel if you're on a city location (Identified as the black dots on the board) you may spend your action to acquire a ticket. But you can only get tickets from cities which have that means of access. For example, that midwestern city or Istanbul? You could acquire a train ticket there, but not a boat ticket, while in Sydney or up in Alaska, you're stuck getting only a boat pass. Why do you want tickets? They let you move a second time a turn, but only on the appropriate paths (red for train, blue/white for boat). You may carry two tickets at once (either type).

Acquire assets if you're in a city. If you look at the picture you'll see 4 cards in the lower left hand corner of the board. These are Reserve assets. By testing Influence and succeeding, you may pick one that has a value equal to or less than the number of success you rolled. Bad roll and no successes? It's not all bad, you may discard one card from Reserve of your choice. And of course, if there's a monster in the city, you're not going to be able to do this until it's dealt with.

Perform their character action. Each investigator has a unique action that they can perform during their turn. For example, Citizen Charlie Kane may use his action to allow another investigator to immediately perform an additional action. Lily Chen may spend any number of health or sanity points to recover an equal number of health or sanity points.

After everyone performs their Action, next is the Encounter Phase. The Encounter phase covers all encounters and not just monsters.

Combat Encounter
If there is a monster in the same space as an investigator, they must make a combat encounter against it. A combat encounter is first a Will test, where the player rolls their Will stat, number of successes must exceed monster's horror rating, or they take sanity damage equal to the difference. This is followed by a Strength test (same as will, but health instead of Sanity). If the player succeeds the Strength roll, the monster loses health the same way the investigator does. If the monster loses more health than it's toughness rating, it's dead.
If there are multiple monsters on the same space as an investigator, they get to make a single action against each and every monster. If an investigator clears a monster from their space, they may resolve another Encounter.

Location Encounter
The investigator draws a card from the deck that matches the color of their area they're in (Major Cities are color coded but you may also choose to draw from the generic pile as well). Major cities often provide bonuses (it's that itty-bitty text below the city name that you can't read on the picture), but where there's reward, there's risk.

Token Encounters
Tokens are placed throughout the board and each is resolved differently.
Clue Tokens - Draw a research encounter card and follow it's text. Succeed, and you might get one step closer to saving the world.
Gate Tokens - Gate tokens allow investigators to access the Other World.
Active Expedition Token - Go on an Expedition and see what knowledge you may find.
Rumor token - Investigate a rumor that was spawned from the Mythos Phase
Assist a Defeated Investigator - Just because you're down, doesn't mean you're out. The defeated investigator passes on all knowledge and possesions and there is one final act they may perform.

Finally there's the Mythos Phase. Here the lead investigator draws a card from the Mythos deck, which is when bad shit starts happening. The stars may align, causing the Doom Track to advance (you don't want that to hit zero), currently in play effects may happen (these are called Reckoning effects), a gate may spawn, a surge of monsters may push through currently open gates, more clues may arise, a rumor is started and other things.

I'll be choosing a different Elder One this time to add some more exciting dynamic to the game. Azatoth was fun, but it's pretty boring actually since when he wakes up it's game over.

Anway, I'll take up to 5 other victims volunteers for this next game. I've got most of the bugs worked out from the previous run so I think we'll be good this time. And I'll let someone else take the glory of being lead investigator as well (though I'll obviously still have to draw the cards and such).

newSig.jpg
Nocren on

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    The Lucky Twelve?
    The Investigators, you know them, you love them...

Full write ups for the selected investigators, but here's a brief rundown of the Dirty Dozen.

Diana Stanely - Order of the Silver Twilight cult initiate transferred to Panama, realized that being a part of a cult probably isn't a good thing and decided to take them down from within. Isn't as phased by monsters and can misdirect Cultists.

Silas Marsh - The sailor from Innsmouth, but currently ported in Sydney. As an able Seaman, Silas gets to move an extra space on the water and assists others on tasks if they're on the same ship.

Akachi Onyele - A shaman from Nigeria. A spirit walker, she is able to use the Gates as a means of travel and can sense where they will go.

Charlie Kane - Politician from San Francisco, realizes that all that money and political power is good for something and "Saved the World" is a helluva a campaign slogan. May give another investigator an extra action or share the wealth with other investigators when acquiring assets.

Jaqueline Fine - The psychic in Minneapolis. Able to share knowledge with others without the need for face to face contact, and read their future as well.

Trish Scarborough - The Spy from Moscow. Working for the Black Chamber government agency, she is always informed and makes sure that the information is applied correctly.

Lola Hayes - Recovering in Tokyo from a performance of "The King in Yellow", Lola is a method actor and able to slip into any role as needed.

Leo Anderson - Adventurer and trail guide in the jungles of South America, Leo knows something out there, and by gum he'll stop it even if need some hired help.

Mark Harrigan - Rough and ready soldier from the Great War, Mark already lost his wife to these....things and isn't afraid to take a few down with him and heads back to Germany where he fought them before.

Norman "Old Man" Withers - Ridiculed by the science community for saying that the stars have changed (and then drummed out of the family's amusement park by some meddling kids and their dog in Arkham), Norman discovered that he was right all along! His knowledge is powerful, but it comes with a terrible price.

Jim Culver - Jim can feel the blues deep in the South. His music soothes the soul, living or dead. But he can also play something you can fight to. And the dead tell him that something's coming. Something bad.

Lily Chen - Trained from birth in China to fight a great evil, Lily knows her purpose and knows dedication.

Ok, sounds interesting. So who's the Final Four?"

So the four base set Elder Gods are Yog-Sothoth: The Lurker on the Threshold, Shub-Niggurath: The Black Goat of the Woods, Azathoth: The Deamon Sultan, and of course Cthulhu: The Madness from the Sea.
    Like in Arkham, each God had their cultists act differently. For example, Cthulhu's cult automatically inflicts sanity damage, while Azathoth's automatically deal physical damage, but are instantly destroyed after doing so.
    When the Doom counter reaches 0, the Elder God awakens. An effect immediately takes place (depends on the Old One), their cult gets a boost, and new effects take place instead of the previous ones. However unlike Arkham, you don't immediately go into one last showdown with Tommy Guns blazing.

So how do we win if we can't punch out Cthulhu?
    Well, you're an investigator, not a punchinator. So you investigate and solve Mysteries. If 3 mysteries are solved before Azathoth's dinner bell rings, then you win. But if you fail, then you have one final shot (unless it's Azathoth).
    This could mean that you just need to shoot the damn thing in it's head(? does it have a head?) or maybe you have to solve a different mystery or you still have to solve 3 mysteries AND punch Cthulhu in his fishy face.

For this game, we'll be going up against the The Lurker on the Threshold, itself... Yog-Sothoth.

Once there are six total players, I'll do the initial write up of everything.
    Also, for those that read my previous thread, feel free to contribute your own narrative. While it was fun writing everything out for everyone, I didn't want to step on any toes on how you think your characters would interpret events.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Reserve up.
    As I played the first game let other play first.
    If you need the extra player I'll be happy to play and be Lola.

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Sign up as reserve as well for the same reason. If you need me, I'll be Silas.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Would it be problematic that I'm GMT+1? If that's not an issue, sign me up as the reformed cultist Diana. Iä, iä.

(Also, how do I color text?)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    You color text with [color=<colorName>] and then close with the bracket at the end just like for regular formatting.
    colors we use are red for health, dodgerblue for sanity, and limegreen for notices.

Time zone isn't an issue since I usually wait about 24 hours from initial posting of board status before I start bugging people for a move :biggrin:
    Once I have all the player's actions, I usually post a follow up if needed for any dice rolls, though people are free to front-load those if needed (such as knowingly going to fight a monster).

We did learn that Geth can't do dice rolls on an edit, so I usually post encounters then will ask the player to make the rolls. During the Mythos phase, I do a final write up of all the actions and what happened and then I post the board update.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Then sign up as Diana.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I was in the first game so Reserve also, Leo Anderson is my choice if I get in.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular

• Options
    Glad to see we've got some interest.

I'll post the final select Sunday evening/night and the first board setup Monday morning.

So far we have
    @[explicative deleted]
    @stever777
    @Kirindal
    and myself with Void, Daemonis and Zpreda as back ups.

Actually, I could run it with all 6 of you guys and me just running the game and not as an investigator...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Isn't it 8 players max? Couldn't we just play all 7?

• Options
    7 or 8 makes it too easy. I meant you 6 and I would just be the card drawer/monster mover.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah this game does not scale that well up to 8 unfortunately, but 5 or 6 sounds good. I am hoping for an expansion that fixes that issue.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    This is an expansion. I might pick it up if it does seem like it'll make things too complicated.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't know it scaled badly. I've only played it twice, once with 4 and once with 2. We won both times, and with almost embarrassing ease when we were 2 (although in fairness, we didn't know you can't do the same action twice per turn that time).

What is the optimal number of players? How does the difficulty level change with the number of people?

• Options
    It's mainly that there's more people to do stuff. Last game we pretty much had a dedicated gate closer and several people went after clues (and had the ability to share them over long distances) when the need came up.

Also we did get lucky on a lot of card draws.

Optimal number of players is around 4-6. As you have more players, more gates are open at start and more monsters occur during a surge. That's pretty much all that happens. The rest is up to how the Mythos deck is build.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so let's begin. For purposes of this game, Lead Investigator is simply who gets all the Mythos effects that happen to them. Though if you would like to follow a turn order, I'm posting the character descriptions as such.

The Lead Investigator for this game is...

Lily Chen - The Martial Artist "I have been preparing to confront this evil for my entire life. My focus must be absolute."
    Lily speaks rarely and when she does, her words are measured and wise. After a lifetime of disciplined training, every gesture is graceful, uncluttered by hesitation. When she was an infant, an obsure sect of monks believed that she was born for a special purpose, to face a great evil. Now, the monks believe the great evil is at hand, and they have brought Lily to Shanghai to begin fulfilling her destiny.
    Lily starts in Shanghai with a Protective Amulet (Item - Gain +1 Will during Combat Encounters) and Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Trinket - Once per round, may reroll 1 die when resolving any test).
    She currently has 6 Health, 6 Sanity, 2 Lore, 2 Influence, 2 Observation, 4 Strength, 3 Will.
    Active Skill: May Spend Health to recover Sanity or vice versa.
    Passive Skill: Whenever a skill is improved, immediately improve it again.
    Played by... @stever777

And the rest of the team...

Leo Anderson - The Expedition Leader "Keep moving. You can die on your own time."
    Leo Anderson has spent his whole life getting into the deadliest and most obscure corners of the globe. Along the way, he's lost good people. Fever takes some; others are claimed by wild beasts. After a recent, disastrous venture in the Yucatan, Leo barely made it back to Buenos Aires alive. He's sick of burying the people that trusted him, but the job's not done yet. The world is in danger and crying in his drink won't fix that. He's picked up some hired help here, and in the morning it's back out into the wild.
    Leo starts in Buenos Aires with Hired Muscle (Ally - +1 Strength, may reroll 1 Strength die during any strength test (this includes in and out of combat)).
    He currently has 6 Health, 6 Sanity, 2 Lore, 2 Influence, 3 Observation, 3 Strength, 3 Will
    Active Skill: Test Influence. Pass - Gain 1 Ally from the reserve set or discard pile.
    Passive: Investigators on your space roll 1 extra die to resolve tests in the Wilderness.
    Played by... @Void Slayer

Trish Scarborough – The Spy ”We lie all the time. But the truth is in there. You just have to know how to decode people.”
    Everyone expected great things from Trish when she was young. In school, she excelled in athletics and the sciences, but surprised everyone after graduation by settling into a humble position at a commercial code company. What almost no one knows is that this company is a front for the Bureau’s code breaking agency, the Black Chamber. Now she finds herself in Krasnoyarsk for a clandestine meeting with another agent that has important information about a threat beyond our world.
    Trish begins in Moscow with a .45 Automatic pistol (+3 Strength during Combat)
    She currently has 7 Health, 5 Sanity, 1 Lore, 3 Influence, 4 Observation, 3 Strength, 2 Will
    Active Skill: If you do not have a Clue, gain 1 Clue
    Passive Skill: Any investigator on your space that spends a Clue to reroll a single die, may instead reroll TWO dice.
    Played by... @Kirindal

Diana Stanley – The Redeemed Cultist ”The Lodge is not as innocent as they pretend. I have learned that nothing is ever as it seems, myself included.”
    When Diana was initiated into the Order of the Silver Twilight, she believed it to be nothing more than a community organization. But as she learned more of its true nature, she has become convinced that a growing evil threatens the world, and that the Silver Twilight will play a role in that threat. She believes her best chance to prevent this is to use her position to sabotage the organization. Carl Sanford, the head of the Order, has recognized her skills and recently sent her to Panama for additional training.
    Diana starts in Central America, and starts with an Arcane Manuscript Asset and a Wither Spell. (Manuscript: +1 Lore to resolve Spell effects, Wither: Before Combat, test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 strength for the encounter. Depending on the roll, there may be side-effects…)
    She currently has 7 Health, 5 Sanity, 4 Lore, 2 Influence, 3 Observation, 3 Strength, 1 Will.
    Active Skill: If there is a Cultist in your space, discard all monsters on your space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Passive Skill: Reduce the Horror of Monsters you encounter to 1.
    Played by... @[Expletive deleted]

Lola Hayes - The Actress "I've played many roles. Madness is to be expected."
    Around the world, Lola has performed dramatic roles for sold-out houses. However after being cast in the controversial play, "The King in Yellow", Lola needed to "take some time" to recover from her "exhaustion." Now that she has checked herself out of the asylum, she's ready for her big comeback. But this time, it'll be a different role. One where she stars in the fight against the horrors that threaten the world. Starting with some research in Tokyo, she manages to track down the only other surviving cast member from her previous theatrical endeavor.
    Lola begins in Tokyo, and starts with .18 Derringer (Trinket - +1 to a Strength die roll in combat, IE a 4 may count as a 5) and 1 skill improvement of her choice.
    She currently has 5 Health, 7 Sanity, 2 Lore, 4 Influence, 2 Observation, 2 Strength, 3 Will
    Active Skill: May "Respec" and exchange any number of improvement tokens to improve a single skill by that many tokens.
    Passive Skill: Once per round, an Investigator may roll 1 additional die when resolving any test.
    Played by... @Preda

Silas Marsh - The Sailor "Leave your fears on the docks, lads. I'll not carry that cargo. The wind is up! Full sail!"
    Even as a child in Innsmouth, Silas had a special connection to the sea. He's an able and well-reasoned man on land, but on the ocean he possesses a singular strength and wit. It's earned him a sterling reputation in every port across the globe, particularly Sydney which is where Silas washed ashore last night. This morning the smell of the briny air carries dread along with it's joy. There is something is Silas's past, something in Innsmouth, that he knows will catch up to him some day...
    Silas begins in Sydney with a Fishing Net (Item - may reroll 1 die during Combat Strength test. Reduce the damage a monster deals to you by 1, to a minimum of 1.)
    He currently has 8 Health, 4 Sanity, 1 Lore, 3 Influence, 3 Observation, 3 Strength, 3 Will.
    Active Skill: Move 1 space along the a Ship path and perform 1 additional action (Essentially, a free move along a Sea route).
    Passive Skill: Investigators on your space roll 1 extra die to resolve tests in Sea encounters
    Played by... @Daemonis

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    INITIAL BOARD SETUP!

With 6 players, the board starts with 2 gates open and 3 clues. Every time there's a Surge event, 2 monsters will spawn at each gate.

Board Status:
    image_16.jpg

Omen: (Green) - Blue - Red - Blue
    Doom Track: 14
    Clues: Bermuda, Istanbul, Londan
    Gates: Rome (Red), San Francisco (Green)
    Monsters: A Deep One spawns in San Fran, while a Byakhee circles over Rome...

Current Mystery:
    Lavina Whatelley has given birth to something horrible, and now the creature calls for it's father...

The Dunwich Horror Epic Monster has Spawned in Arkham.
    At the end of the Mythos Phase, if the Dunwich horror is defeated, this Mystery is solved.

Monster Information:
    Dunwich Horror: 3 Horror with -1 to Will, 3 Health with -2 to Strength, 8 Toughness.
    Reckoning Effect: Spawn a Gate
    Technically it's "Spawn a if a die roll is equal to or less than the number of investigators." But with 6 investigators...

Deep One: 2 Horror, 1 Health with -1 to Strength, 2 Toughness.
    Reckoning Effect: Each Investigator on this space loses 1 Sanity

Byakhee: 1 Horror, 2 Health, 2 Toughness.
    When defeated, you may lose 1 Sanity to move 3 spaces instead of resolving another encounter.

I should probably put up Yog-Sothoth's information as well, shouldn't I?

Here it is:
    Cultists have 1 Health and 1 Toughness. When defeated in combat, Lose 1 Sanity and Gain 1 Spell.
    Reckoning Effect: Each Investigator on a space with a Gate advances Doom by 1, unless they discard 1 spell.
    Solve 3 Mysteries to win.
    When Doom hits Zero... bad shit turns into Worse Shit.

There is now an active Expedition to Tunguska.

Reserve Assets: (Number of Successes Needed)

Dynamite (3) - Item/Weapon Action: Each Monster on your space loses 3 Toughness, then discard this card.

Bandages (1) - Item May discard to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health

Kerosene (1) - Item May discard to add +5 to Strength for a single Combat Encounter

Wireless Report (1) - Service/Teamwork Give any number of Clues to another investigator on any space, then discard this card.

And with the current Mystery, we're off to a great stop...

Well, figure out what you guys want to do and where you guys are planning on going and I'll resolve all the actions/encounters in order.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I, Lily, could go to either Istanbul, (clue or skill improvement) or Tunguska.
    (Tho' if I go to Tunguska, I won't get anywhere interesting next turn.)
    I'd like to get to Rome for that skill improvement, eventually.
    That's what I should do early is double-boost up my skills.

Of course, that Dunwich Horror is nasty.
    We could use a good influence shopper, also.
    Items are always nice.

Whatcha think, doomed friends?

stever777 on

• Options
    Nocren, could you put the monster tokens on the board, too? Makes it easier to keep track of.

If I were Lily, I'd buy a railroad ticket, and then either move to Tunguska (saving the ticket, and going on an expedition), or go to Rome (spending the ticket, and beating up the bayakee). If she goes to Tunguska this turn, she could get to Istanbul next turn (using the ticket).

Diana (whom I control) really wants more spells (especially the "improve stats" one; her Will is pitiful). I'm thinking that Diana should buy a railroad ticket (possibly try and get reserves instead, but with 2 influence…) and go to either Buenos Aires to get spells, or SF to kick ass and close gates. I think Diana can take on a Deep One with her Whither spell and her passive ability. Leaning towards ticket + SF. Thoughts?

Question: Does Diana's active ability work on epic monsters or only regular monsters? If the Dunwich Horror shares a space with a cultist, can she simply tell both of them to take a hike?

If so, we could wait for a cultist to show up, then Diana could teleport the cultist to Arkham, then move there herself and banish the whole lot of them.

• Options
    Nocren, could you put the monster tokens on the board, too? Makes it easier to keep track of.

If I were Lily, I'd buy a railroad ticket, and then either move to Tunguska (saving the ticket, and going on an expedition), or go to Rome (spending the ticket, and beating up the bayakee). If she goes to Tunguska this turn, she could get to Istanbul next turn (using the ticket).

Diana (whom I control) really wants more spells (especially the "improve stats" one; her Will is pitiful). I'm thinking that Diana should buy a railroad ticket (possibly try and get reserves instead, but with 2 influence…) and go to either Buenos Aires to get spells, or SF to kick ass and close gates. I think Diana can take on a Deep One with her Whither spell and her passive ability. Leaning towards ticket + SF. Thoughts?

Question: Does Diana's active ability work on epic monsters or only regular monsters? If the Dunwich Horror shares a space with a cultist, can she simply tell both of them to take a hike?

If so, we could wait for a cultist to show up, then Diana could teleport the cultist to Arkham, then move there herself and banish the whole lot of them.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I'll start as influence shopper and get my +1 to Influence. I'll retool later if needed. Since I'm in Tokyo and tokyo wack monster far away what I will do is kind of intuitive...

• Options
    Silas gonna stay in Sydney, buying stuff and improving his strength.

• Options
    Nope, as far as I know.

• Options
    Daemonis wrote: »
    Nope, as far as I know.

I checked the reference; you're right. Bummer.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    With the dynamite and kerosene I can probably take out the Dunwich horror, if some one can get me those.

With 4 strength I can join you in SF and try and take down the Deep One first, then we can both try for the gate. The issue is if we cant close the gate we are doomed at a reckoning.

Then next turn we can trade items and go on to liberate Arkham from madness.

Alternatively, since I go first I could test for some items then you would get some new ones to look at.

Edit: Also it is funny we have two super support characters, land or sea we will rock, just not in civilized lands.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    Diana can move to SF and try and buy some items instead of buying a ticket. Depending on the roll, either the kerosine and bandages or the dynamite (she'll go into debt), and then give them to Leo the next turn. But with Whither I think she can handle the deep one herself (dunno about her chances with the gate, though).

• Options
    Can't buy anything till that Deep One is taken care of first. Though you could also shop at the border town along the way.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Diana is in Panama City, so she'd buy then move if going that route.

• Options
    Yeah the gate thing is what was concerning me. I am going to SF then, if I close the gate first, then you can have a normal encounter of some kind. If I fail then we get a second chance.

• Options
    Seems reasonable. I'll see if I can't get a hold of some nice weapons to use against the horror, then move to SF.

1st action: Aquire assets

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Aquire assets

Aquire assets:
    2d6t5 2 [2d6t5=6, 6]

• Options
    All right!

Aquire debt, kerosene and dynamite

2. action: Move to SF

• Options
    I realize now that it's not actually my turn :P

So, assuming nobody else tried to acquire assets until it's my turn, I do the above. If somebody already bought the good stuff by the time it's my turn, I'll have to re-evalute.

• Options

Am I missing something?
    We can only move 1 space without a ticket, right?
    I can't move to Rome this turn & I can only get to Tunguska with a ticket, I thought.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    stever777 wrote: »

Am I missing something?
    We can only move 1 space without a ticket, right?
    I can't move to Rome this turn & I can only get to Tunguska with a ticket, I thought.

My bad. I was confusing Trish with Lily.

Now that I know who is who, I guess Trish could go to Rome and Lily to Tunguska? I'm just spitballing here.

In any case, I'll be incommunicado the next 8 hours (it's nighttime in [Expletive deleted]-land).

[Expletive deleted] on
  • Options
    Lily Chen - The Martial Artist

len2sdgihaxd.jpg

Protective Amulet (Item - Gain +1 Will during Combat Encounters)
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Trinket - Once per round, may reroll 1 die when resolving any test)
    6 Health, 6 Sanity, 2 Lore, 2 Influence, 2 Observation, 4 Strength, 3 Will.
    Active Skill: May Spend Health to recover Sanity or vice versa.
    Passive Skill: Whenever a skill is improved, immediately improve it again.

Get train ticket.
    Move to Istanbul.

• Options
    Ok, so here's who still needs stuff to do as well as the turn order

stever777 has taken the train to Constantinople, where I'm going to guess Lily will attempt to go for the Clue. But I could be wrong and maybe she just wants to see the city.
    @Void Slayer still needs to take action
    @Kirindal does as well
    [Expletive deleted] has already decided what he wants to do :wink: And that's SHOPPING!!! And going to San Fran to possibly burn a Deep One to death.
    @Preda has to figure out what Lola is going to do.
    @Daemonis does the same with Silas.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'll research the clue.

stever777 on

• Options
    Silas the Sailor
    Action 1: Aquire assets
    Action 2: Get ship ticket
    Encounter: Sydney

• Options
    Daemonis gets to choose from 2 new assets right?

Actions:
    Get a ship ticket
    Move to Panama->Spend a ship ticket->Move to San Francisco

Encounter:
    Fight the Deep one
    Gate encounter if the deep one is defeated