As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Webcomic] Thread WHERE MY EVIL IS LAW

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    2015-05-18max.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The last time I was in africa, my father, myself, and my brother all caught the same bug that sent our digestive tracts on overdrive. We passed the same package of stomach meds around till it had run its course.

My brother's was the worse.

Bro:*peaks out from door* Bring me the cleaning supplies and tell the maid to skip my bed room and its bathroom.
    Me:Are you sure? We still have to...
    Bro:BRING ME THE CLEANING SUPPLIES AND TELL THE MAID TO SKIP MY ROOMS!
    Me: .....gotcha.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    1432003578-GWS048.jpg

GWS is rerunning in colour.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    titansA2114c.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Chapter21_08.jpg
    Really, Fish says that about everyone that isn't her.

Namesake
    get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FVrb3xKT.jpg&key=l4y7WF3e6Npt2Ag441HkXw&w=600&h=238

Moth 13 on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    2015-05-18-page31HowToOffendADragon.png

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh snizzap

Erf3_066_900_web.jpg

My own brief summary of what's going on if you're confused and don't read the text dumps.
    A "Baddie" is a Thinkamancer who has been banished from the Great Minds Who Think Alike for one offence or another. Bunny's offence was neglecting her duties for love. She is being summoned here on behalf of Parson as part of his diplomatic overtures in the timeout treaty between himself and Charlie

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

the art here is way nicer than the joke deserves

is he like redrawing someone's shitty two guys on a couch vidgam comac or something

sfp-5-115-for-web1.png

• CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    sfp-5-115-for-web1.png

In the last few updates, I've gone from thinking of Patrick as the most boring character in the comic to the reason I am still reading the comic. And I don't even like him that much.

That's pretty impressive, actually. I think it shows a lot of growth on the part of the writers, and I hope they do something like this with Alison.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    SUED!

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    1431961050-20150518.png
    1431961050-20150518after.png

aRkpc.gif
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    It's kinda sweet in a pathetic way that he'll glue the goddamn mug back together just to have something left of her. :)

on the other hand, I still think that he deliberately manipulated her out of the room

aRkpc.gif
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Almost got killed or maimed though.

Whether he got what he wanted or not, it sure didn't turn out how he planned I suspect.

edited May 2015
    ronya wrote: »
    on the other hand, I still think that he deliberately manipulated her out of the room
    Ofc he did, that whole scene seemed to be some sort of "gotta eject myself out of Allison's life" exercise. And yet he's moping and try to piece together the crappy trinket she bought for him.

I'm kinda curious where that telekenisis tangent will go though? Did Allison just discover a whole new superpower and starts rolling with it? Or is she just jumping in that last panel? Cause if so that seems like a very uncontrolled means of transportation.

Panda4You on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    2015-05-19-theamazingtrick.jpg

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Ofc he did, that whole scene seemed to be some sort of "gotta eject myself out of Allison's life" exercise. And yet he's moping and try to piece together the crappy trinket she bought for him.

knowing the sensible thing to do (if, for example, you've secretly resurrected your supervillain persona behind your girlfriend's back and are about to disappear) doesn't make it less emotionally shitty in person

also he did, I think, get a surprise insight out of it (the can't-read-your-own-mind remark) that he wasn't expecting

aRkpc.gif
    I dunno about "ofc he did", either, a lot of people seem to be reading it as Patrick being straightforward in expressing his ideological frame of mind and Alison finding it idiotic enough to break up over, gauging from comment threads

aRkpc.gif
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    "Why couldn't you just duck?"

I'm not sure I could ever be friends with someone who is able to manipulate people to the extent that supervillain guy can. Nearly every interaction she has with him is tainted with the possibility that he is manipulating her. "Why couldn't [he] just duck?" Maybe he wasn't quick enough. Maybe he felt he deserved it. Maybe he knew that she would feel guilty about it and could use that against her. There's no way to know. The point is, he knew she was going to throw that at him, and so the question is "Why couldn't he just duck?" And the same question applies in any other interaction with him. You have no idea if you're having a real conversation or if he's only giving you the answers that push the right buttons.

Also, the art seems to have had a sudden jump in quality with this page.

Gvzbgul on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah the art seems especially good on this page.

Every time I look at the panel of him glueing the mug back together I keep seeing his hands shaking as he does it.

edited May 2015
    Is Mary Kim Moonshadow?
    edit- yes, and he had said he wasn't going to help SFP find her.

Gvzbgul on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • statlerstatler Registered User regular
    stuff_.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular

I'm kinda curious where that telekenisis tangent will go though? Did Allison just discover a whole new superpower and starts rolling with it? Or is she just jumping in that last panel? Cause if so that seems like a very uncontrolled means of transportation.

Just to clear a point up, he bought it for her.

I would assume it's a jump, since she's done that before.

She looks like she's flying though.

edited May 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    "Why couldn't you just duck?"

I'm not sure I could ever be friends with someone who is able to manipulate people to the extent that supervillain guy can. Nearly every interaction she has with him is tainted with the possibility that he is manipulating her. "Why couldn't [he] just duck?" Maybe he wasn't quick enough. Maybe he felt he deserved it. Maybe he knew that she would feel guilty about it and could use that against her. There's no way to know. The point is, he knew she was going to throw that at him, and so the question is "Why couldn't he just duck?" And the same question applies in any other interaction with him. You have no idea if you're having a real conversation or if he's only giving you the answers that push the right buttons.

Also, the art seems to have had a sudden jump in quality with this page.

we only know he can't turn it off, we don't know that he pays attention to it. you presumably have amazing powers of hearing that you can't turn off either, but just because I yell "hey Gvzbgul Imma deck you in the shnozz" doesn't mean you're necessarily paying attention, especially if you're busy thinking about something else

... so don't even know that he did know, which just leaves more uncertainty :rotate:

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    titansA2114c.jpg

I feel like we just took a huge jump forward in the story

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Scooter wrote: »

Oho? I was dead sure she brought a gift wrap to their meeting but those pages was like two months ago, so...
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    titansA2114c.jpg

I feel like we just took a huge jump forward in the story
    Yeah, this must be the current page in the comic or something, not the one following what Owenashi's posted.

Panda4You on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    1432038740-TB_04_147.png
    That girl really enjoys whimsical passwords, to everyone's annoyance

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015

Oho? I was dead sure she brought a gift wrap to their meeting but those pages was like two months ago, so...

Nope it was a gift he got her, he told her about it at the beginning when their conversation was still pleasant, and reminded her to take before she left after delivering her ultimatum

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    One Punch Man is read right to left.
    Previous Chapter | Index | Current Chapter [NSFW]
    Neveron wrote: »
    yPQLDNC.png
    lh2cuSR.png
    9nEAesD.png
    0Fqk7SU.png

.8MB .GIF

Also, please refer to this earlier page. Genos is a smart dude.

Also also, Murata's remake of this chapter is gorgeous and in full color and 40-60 pages long (depending on how you count spreads).

Sources and links:
    url="http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/index.html"]JP webcomic c.1-100 [/url [ENG webcomic c.1-21 (28-100 are available on other unlinkable places)](2 NSFW pages)
    Chapters 1-3 translated by El_Thor, 4-27 by Boon (and, for three panels, Cantide of these forums) and edited by me, 28-30 by El_Thor yet again, and 31 onwards by someone who shall remain anonymous since I don't know who they are.

url="http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/"]JP Manga c.1-5, 15-45[/url url="http://www.viz.com/manga/digital/one-punch-man"]ENG Manga c.1-34[/url
    [Anime: TBD, Promotional video]

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

I thought last page's "Don't forget your gift" made it pretty clear who was giving to whom.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    ljvk9V1.jpg
    Haha, yes, pluggers still form the strong social community bonds that create the trust necessary for informal financial lending networks like this, but make no mistake: pluggers will also be 100% very much cashing their actual government-issued Social Security checks as soon as they’re available.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    What is with the animal people in Pluggers anyway?

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    what the hell is a plugger

This discussion has been closed.