As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced! Featuring EVEN HOTTER humanoid ship AI!

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    The Reapers used the galaxy as a kind of killing jar. They got developing species to run a specific course then slowly wiped them out. They were strong enough that anyone facing them in a stand up fight would lose. But, and this is a very big but. By breaking the cycle, the council races pretty much ensured that whoever comes next will have an actual fighting chance. You get that exact ending if you shoot the starkid. I actually respect that part of the free ending DLC more than anything else. It was good writing and made logical sense given the setting and lore.

Liara's time capsule was a perfect epilogue that brought the series full circle--all the way back to the beacon on Eden Prime, and the option to refuse provided the most satisfying catharsis for my frustrations over the original ending.

It was haunting and well executed. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    On top of it not violating the Halting Problem: It doesn't matter if it did... you're talking about the Geth doing it. Or people with medigel. Or...etc.

Edit: See? Geth would know what he can do better than us!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    tumblr_now23p6rXh1u9ls47o1_500.png

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    I still chuckle at the dumb revolving doors of death in Wheel of Time.

Make a portal. Now spin it like a top. Now shove it down the hill and see what happens.

Spoiler for the final book.
    Someone has the good sense to use that weave on a volcano and more or less wipes out an army as a result.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    So... is anyone else still playing ME3 multi? The RNG gods have seen fit to grant me a Geth Spitfire, and it is HILARIOUS.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    lodger wrote: »
    So... is anyone else still playing ME3 multi? The RNG gods have seen fit to grant me a Geth Spitfire, and it is HILARIOUS.

sometimes i'm online and playing, yes

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I changed my avatar for the first time in forever. A lot of people probably aren't going to know who I am anymore, but as much as I love Gina Torres I haven't really cared all that much about Firefly in years, while Mass Effect is my favoritest thing.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Also now I match @Strikor

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    You're Commander Shepard, and this is your favorite thread on the Citadel?

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    yaaaaay

where's my discount

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I changed my avatar for the first time in forever. A lot of people probably aren't going to know who I am anymore, but as much as I love Gina Torres I haven't really cared all that much about Firefly in years, while Mass Effect is my favoritest thing.

Both you and Strikor got a makeover for the new game, but I'm not seeing the implant scars...

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

She plays the boss on "Suits", a pretty horrible lawyer show that my wife watches while I scroll up the volume on my headset.

• Options
    6 hours of platinum-searching well spent.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Ugh. Playing a Soldier in ME2 Insanity sucks. I just run out of ammo constantly. I thought people said Soldier was OP :confused:

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    ME2 Sentinel is the most OP

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Ugh. Playing a Soldier in ME2 Insanity sucks. I just run out of ammo constantly. I thought people said Soldier was OP :confused:

Move forwards at all times, don't hold position or you'll run out of clips.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

You don't hold the line.

You Advance it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »

You don't hold the line.

You Advance it.

'Hold the line?'

Personally, prefer to get job done and go home.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Solider is very OP. You're probably not using the potential of Adrenaline Burst correctly. Also realize that you can equip any/all ammo types and fire Concussive shots x Infinity.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Solider is very OP. You're probably not using the potential of Adrenaline Burst correctly. Also realize that you can equip any/all ammo types and fire Concussive shots x Infinity.

You should be constantly headshotting from Adrenaline rush with the appropriate ammo type to strip their defenses as fast as possible. The Viper sniper rifle from Thane's recruitment is ideal, as is the Mattock assault rifle and Locust SMG. Make sure your teammates are stripping defenses constantly so you can conc shot enemies appropriately!
    Insanity is kinda hard with any character, though.

• Options
    The Revenant machinegun will also melt enemies at short to medium range once you get it.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Being a Soldier will pay off once you get to ME3 and get the Valiant.

It's fun before then, don't get me wrong, but that gun makes you an unstoppable god of headshots.

• Options
    The Lancer is also hilariously good with adrenaline rush.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    went to a mass effect panel at montreal comiccon today with steve blum, raphael sbarge, and mark meer. they're all pretty great.

meer admitted that he killed kaiden on both his playthroughs. someone asked the three of them to ad lib a scene where shepard has to explain to kaiden why he's being left to die.

"kaiden, i'm going to leave you to die. you see, ashley's my girlfriend..."

apparently mark meer is also the voice of all of the hanar and all of the vorcha.

and they all certainly can't tell us anything about if they've been approached to work on andromeda or not so my money is on yes.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    I can't remember if it does in 2 (I think not), but in 3 Adrenaline Rush instantly reloads a weapon. This can be ridiculous if you're using the right set up.

The main thing about 2 is dealing with defenses. Be proactive about switching to slow weapons for armor and fast ones for shields (switching the whole team's weapons). ONLY bring people who can deal with relevant defenses on missions. Top tier picks are:

1) Miranda (always)
    2) Grunt (for armor enemies)
    3) Kasumi (for robots or shield enemies)

Mordin and Garrus are capable backups. Thane, Jacob, and Jack are trash tier at this difficulty.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Even on insanity, I tended to stick with the party members I liked the most, but Miranda and Thane on the Collector Ship were pretty much a requirement. Double warp!

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Even on insanity, I tended to stick with the party members I liked the most, but Miranda and Thane on the Collector Ship were pretty much a requirement. Double warp!

Grunt's ability to not die + fire attacks make him ridiculously better than Thane. There is no contest.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Garrus and Grunt all the time, no matter what. If I can't run around killing mercenaries alongside my boyfriend and my baby boy then what even is the point of going outside.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Reznik wrote: »
    went to a mass effect panel at montreal comiccon today with steve blum, raphael sbarge, and mark meer. they're all pretty great.

meer admitted that he killed kaiden on both his playthroughs. someone asked the three of them to ad lib a scene where shepard has to explain to kaiden why he's being left to die.

apparently mark meer is also the voice of all of the hanar and all of the vorcha.

and they all certainly can't tell us anything about if they've been approached to work on andromeda or not so my money is on yes.

So Hanar party member confirmed?

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Main party will be Blasto, Elcor Hamlet, and Vorcha Dad

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    um excuse me you run out of heat sinks. Guns have infinite ammo in Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVHt3QIS0k

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Main party will be Blasto, Elcor Hamlet, and Vorcha Dad

10/10 would preorder

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Garrus and Zaeed using that burst sniper rifle. All headshots all day.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    chasm wrote: »

To be fair, Conrad is absolutely correct.

Yeah sure, have your heavy weapons that need thermal clips to cool properly so they can have that extra power. There should have still been weapons with the old system you could use as a backup. Not every threat needs a 50cal round to the head, sometimes an unlimited amount of 9mm is just as good if not better.

I am biased though since I far preferred the ME1 weapon mod system to 2 and 3.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    So did I. Unleashing a torrent of neverending hell from my Spectre X assault rifle with two Frictionless Materials Xs was what I felt I'd earned after 3 playthroughs.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »

To be fair, Conrad is absolutely correct.

Yeah sure, have your heavy weapons that need thermal clips to cool properly so they can have that extra power. There should have still been weapons with the old system you could use as a backup. Not every threat needs a 50cal round to the head, sometimes an unlimited amount of 9mm is just as good if not better.

I am biased though since I far preferred the ME1 weapon mod system to 2 and 3.

BURN THE HERETIC

• Options
    If nothing else, they should have left some or all pistols using the old system. Know what sucks? Not being able to shoot at all because your backup weapon can be fired all of 12 times before you're screwed.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Where DO ME2 and ME3 guns get their ammunition from then, Mr. Heat-Sink-Nitpicker?! RIDDLE ME THAT!

Also, I just set it back down to Hardcore. I distinctly remember getting really frustrated with ammunition in ME2 on my Vanguard and Infiltrator runs too (Insanity, Hardcore). Just too annoying to deal with, fighting my way through a swarm of Blue Suns only to run out of ammo to deal with the Ymir, then kiting the thing around so I can double back and pick up the dropped clips, even if I did manage it. I'll jack it back up to Insanity in ME3. Possibly also after I get the Revenant just to see.

hippofant on
This discussion has been closed.