As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Or buy the demon auction DLC. Pyro Jack with an awesome skill set is one of the purchasable demons.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/bWF41frVi6Q

The Smash Bros announcer voicing the protag is kinda funny.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I am honestly surprised Marisha Ray isn't Makoto.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Yeah, I know Cherami Leigh from Lucy in Fairy Tail, which is a very different kind of character. She seems to have good range based on her portfolio, though. I'll be interested to see how she plays Makoto.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Yeah, I know Cherami Leigh from Lucy in Fairy Tail, which is a very different kind of character. She seems to have good range based on her portfolio, though. I'll be interested to see how she plays Makoto.

The only thing I know her from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QBTg3RgXs

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if that's as accurate or not. There's a fair amount of cooperation involved.

• Options
    I think it's a good choice. It sounds better than co-ops, imo, and it fits thematically.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    One thing that's easy to forget that you can do in SMT4 is searching for all possible fusions from every monster in your compendium. That's an excellent way to find demons that you're missing (like Pyro Jack!) or to get much better deals on special fusions. Demons summoned directly from the compendium are overpriced compared to what you can get by fusing them from the compendium, and you can sometimes slip better skills into them at the same time.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    One thing that's easy to forget that you can do in SMT4 is searching for all possible fusions from every monster in your compendium. That's an excellent way to find demons that you're missing (like Pyro Jack!) or to get much better deals on special fusions. Demons summoned directly from the compendium are overpriced compared to what you can get by fusing them from the compendium, and you can sometimes slip better skills into them at the same time.

This changes everything.......

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

This changes everything.......

I exploited the heck out of this for Apocalypse, since you actually need good demons.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Once you get your primary attack stat up into the hundreds with charge or concentrate along with a good group healing spell, you start to feel invincible in SMT IV.

Then Demiurge and Beezelbub pop up as if it to say "this shit has gone on long enough".

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Once you get your primary attack stat up into the hundreds with charge or concentrate along with a good group healing spell, you start to feel invincible in SMT IV.

Then Demiurge and Beezelbub pop up as if it to say "this shit has gone on long enough".

Not for me. Nothing after Pluto posed any threat.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Not for me. Nothing after Pluto posed any threat.
    You probably did a better of keeping skills in mind when fusing, thats for sure.

I just haphazardly combined demons and threw stuff against the wall every few levels, only just now bringing hare of inaba out of the compendium to try to get some null gun fusion fodder for Beezelbub. At LV82, they're proving pretty nasty but then again, bosses in these games always feel like a puzzle. Once you find the right combination of demons, they tend to fall like a house of cards.

Demonheeho is kind of disappointing when you don't got any decent physical or gun attacks to pass down. Amazing design though.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I think that Beezelbub may be one of the few enemies that I never bothered beating in SMT4. I had been stacking immunities to pretty much everything, but all that did against him was make him spam almighty attacks.

• Options
    Desperate Hit is one of the top five or so damage-skills in the game. Riot Gun and Kannuki-nage beat it with Pleromas, but Desperate Hit takes one slot and can't be repelled or absorbed.

• Options
    OmnibusOmnibus Registered User regular
    Desperate Hit scales off of Dex and benefits from Charge just like Gun skills do, the only difference is it deals Almighty damage instead. You can abuse Fusion Lite to pass it - and many other "unique" skills - off of the demon that normal fusion won't let you pass it down from and on to something much lower-leveled so you can keep getting it whispered to you and pumping it up to +8 without having to re-fuse Demonee-ho all the time.

• Options
    It can crit things that are immune to Phys and Gun.

• Options
    I think I love Gaston. He can have all of my turns if he wants them.

• Options
    DLC is now the greatest thing to ever happen to Persona. Take all the money, Atlus.

(Raidou outfit & music DLC.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    http://wiki2.h1g.jp/p5/index.php?Lv順ペルソナ一覧

Seems to have most the pics of of personas in the game.

Now I can behappy knowing Lucifer looks rad and he will be my endgame Persona goal.

And honestly on the way there may just end up using a lot of the DLC Persona's as they all look super cool and just fuse whatever I need to slowly piece together Lucifer in the background.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Now I can behappy knowing Lucifer looks rad and he will be my endgame Persona goal.

And honestly on the way there may just end up using a lot of the DLC Persona's as they all look super cool and just fuse whatever I need to slowly piece together Lucifer in the background.
    Terrible resistances, but does get his unique Morning Star as usual, and it is still the strongest target-all almighty spell in terms of straightforward damage.

PLA on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

Terrible resistances, but does get his unique Morning Star as usual, and it is still the strongest target-all almighty spell in terms of straightforward damage.

Well I mean i'd look to fuse some resistance stuff onto him.

But stats aren't really what's important. It's all about looking cool.

That's always how I'll choose my Personas. It was between him and Satan pending the models but now that I see which Satan they went with I shall not be going that route.

• Options
    Arsène is much worse, and I'm going to start every fight with it. I won't patch any of the weaknesses, either.

• Options
    Arsène is much worse, and I'm going to start every fight with it. I won't patch any of the weaknesses, either.

Style and Fashion are the most important aspects of any RPG.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm thinking
    Auto-Ma**** x3, Apt Pupil, maybe Ali Dance or Evade Phys, Maeiha, and filler easy knockdowns. Probably Makouha. Maybe gunz.

PLA on
  • Options
    I'm thinking
    Auto-Ma**** x3, Apt Pupil, maybe Ali Dance or Evade Phys, Maeiha, and filler easy knockdowns. Probably Makouha. Maybe gunz.

Pre-planning strats. My kinda guy.

That's why I've been waiting to see pics of the demons so I could pick the one who's appearance I want then plan out what demons I'll need to get along the way to get to them as soon as possible.

• Options
    I guess I'm going to bow out of this thread for the next 4 months.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Going to be whipping the PS3 out after a long tenure of neglect for P5.

Going to try to dust it off only to realize it had become 90% dust.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Drez wrote: »

Every potential spoiler has been spoil tagged!

DemonStacey on
  • Options

Not Lucifer. :(

• Options

Not Lucifer. :(
    That's like saying Rakshasha being in an SMT game is a spoiler. He's just a staple demon at this point.

• Options

Well, no. A lot of spoiler tags have been added after the fact. Some were added after I complained because I saw them. Because I have this thread bookmarked and want to talk about Apocalypse. But I don't want to read about Persona 5. At all.

It's fine. I'm very hardline. I don't want to read or hear a thing about Persona 5 before I start playing it four months from now. I literally mean nothing. I don't even want to see character names being thrown around. I don't want to hear about bosses or costumes or DLC or skills or characters or mechanics or anything.

So since this is not a place where that can happen, I will banish myself for awhile. I don't blame you all. This isn't my house, so it's not my rules and the appropriate thing for me to do is to avoid this place rather than demand that you all cater to my idiosyncratic extremism when it comes to spoilers. Which I admit is extreme.

• Options
    Ah makes sense!

Glad you're reasonable about it though!

Good luck out there sir!

Look forward to having you back in Febtober.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man I'm like 15 hours into DDS2

This game is PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Finally beat Demiurge and Beelzebub in SMT IV.

Damn that felt good. Now to frankenstein myself a fly demon.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The only demon that matter since SMTII is Alice

• Options
    This thread has been very good about P5 spoilers, IMO, at least with keeping them under wraps. I'd suggest being more conservative, just in case, and even tagging the mention of 'omg [x] is a late game Persona'.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Huh. Beezlbub is only lv70.

Thats kind of surprising, he was much more of a pain in the ass for me than Demiurge.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Ug this part in DDS2 really sucks

I'm at the boss fight after you return to the EGG and it's a real bastard and I am just not prepared enough for this. I might have to grind.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
This discussion has been closed.