As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    http://dijeh.tumblr.com/post/125779848143/among-the-random-kaneko-stuff-i-find-was-this

tumblr_inline_nsiue58P1U1qbbgp4_400.jpg
    First, Kaneko talked about the newest title, Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne, on sale soon (February 20th): 'This work was done following our original purpose, of making the Shin Megami Tensei series one mythology. I believe this game too, as part of a grand idea, carefully crafted in the space of eight years, is one episode of this legend.’

On the other hand, the actual game part is quite substantial, and its appeal is that 'You can even play it for one year. I think the price of 7800 yen is a bargain.’

Speaking of which, Kaneko’s favourite Megaten title is 'if…’. Why? His nostalgic reply left an impression on us all: 'Its gameplay is consistent and its theme is sufficient. I’d say that basically if… is the story of the antagonist Hazama.’

I find that interesting. Also topical!

tumblr_inline_nsiufxygKc1qbbgp4_400.jpg

Incidentally, if you have patience for old(ooooooold) SMT games and are interested in a thing, send me a PM.

Nocturne was the best. I've replayed very few games in my life... I think I've played Nocturne to completion 3 or 4 times.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Thor is a chump.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, I'm finally getting back to persona Q, and floor 4-4 has just completely killed the game because of the floor puzzles. Long, tedious backtracking puzzles interspersed with rooms where you have to dodge FOEs in an incredibly limited number of steps...multiple times so you can actually solve the puzzle.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I always suspected SMTIV had some identity problems, but Eirikr just reamed it in his write-up on the game here:

http://eirikrjs.blogspot.com/2015/09/SMT-identity-crisis-final.html

Massive spoilers for every single aspect of IV, and it's eerie how spot-on the criticisms are. I enjoyed IV, but it definitely was missing something, and I think he nailed what it was.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    nevermind

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I always suspected SMTIV had some identity problems, but Eirikr just reamed it in his write-up on the game here:

Massive spoilers for every single aspect of IV, and it's eerie how spot-on the criticisms are. I enjoyed IV, but it definitely was missing something, and I think he nailed what it was.

I really like the archangel designs of IV, and I thought they had been generally well-received, too.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I really like the archangel designs of IV, and I thought they had been generally well-received, too.

They really weren't among people that commented about such things.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I like the idea of them more than the execution. Like, Bayonetta does the same thing far better than the overdesigned messes in 4.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I like how some of them transition to sprite form, Asmodeus looked especially menacing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I like the idea of them more than the execution. Like, Bayonetta does the same thing far better than the overdesigned messes in 4.

Well, Bayonetta had some of the best angel designs ever, so that's not really a fair comparison.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I do think SMT4 is a mess in a bevy of ways. I've been playing video games since 1983. I've mapped shit out on actual graph paper that was taped together with Scotch tape, OK?

SMT4 has the most confusing overworld map in all of gaming history. Period.

Period.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I don't know how you don't have an in-game overworld map in 2013.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I've been playing a review copy of P4:Dan, so I'll have some thoughts to share in little under two weeks or so.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Nocturne is a terrible game because I demon-fusing and woke up at noon.

Also, fuck off, deathstones, I want to sacrifice.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So, what do you think Atlus is going to announce at TGS.

As for my predictions: Since they probably don't think they've milked Persona 4 enough we're gonna see the announcement of Persona 4: Cart Racing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    No fair, Raidou's In My Father's Name includes Pierce.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

As for my predictions: Since they probably don't think they've milked Persona 4 enough we're gonna see the announcement of Persona 4: Cart Racing.

1) An exact release date for Persona 5.
    2) Other things that I will completely forget about because Persona 5.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Don't forget Dancing All Night comes out this month, too.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    lets be honest, people love racing games based off of the mario cart style. mario cart while slinging fireballs and status effects would be fun. I would love to hear more about the smt/fire emblem game too.

• Options
    Apparently putting Guardian's Eye on Mot is popular. Is that just a "nocturne lol" sort of thing, or is it convenient somehow?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, I'm finally ready for P5, so a release date would be nice (finally got around to beating P3, albeit the FeMC route).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

The 2016 release date for P5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hYjZBlxNI&ab_channel=TheSw1tcher

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    If Persona 5 doesn't come out this year I will take it very...

Persona-ly.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised at January/February 2016 but I generally believe them when they say they're trying for late 2015.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised at January/February 2016 but I generally believe them when they say they're trying for late 2015.

I believe them. I expect a Christmas or Thanksgiving release. I think they've announced games 2 months before release before, haven't they? How long did it take for Growlanser and that 4th game in the Yggdra Union series to come out after ATLUS was trolling us about them? 2-3 months, wasn't it?

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

I believe them. I expect a Christmas or Thanksgiving release. I think they've announced games 2 months before release before, haven't they? How long did it take for Growlanser and that 4th game in the Yggdra Union series to come out after ATLUS was trolling us about them? 2-3 months, wasn't it?

Yeah, it was something like that. I think any delays will be on the development side rather than the localizing one.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    It will be released on the first of april.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I actually picked up a Vita partly because of "Dancing all Night". Persona rhythm game sounds like a day one for me.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I'll eat Trump's real fake toupee if this comes out in the next three and a half months.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I would feel a lot more inclined to give the delay conspiracy theory more credit if there was any evidence for it beyond "I feel like it can't possibly be ready, despite nobody knowing remotely anything substantial about the game's development at this point."

• Options
    Wish you could buy Dekaja/Dekunda Stones for Healing Knowhow.

• Options
    edited September 2015

Yeah, it was something like that. I think any delays will be on the development side rather than the localizing one.

That's what I'm afraid of, and we have yet to see a single localized screen. They aren't even taking into account the possibility of bugs. Atlus USA has no programmers, they send the script and cross their fingers.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

That's what I'm afraid of, and we have yet to see a single localized screen. They aren't even taking into account the possibility of bugs. Atlus USA has no programmers, they send the script and cross their fingers.

Here, have some screenshots with English.
    2858336-p5.jpg
    Screenshot-2015-02-05-10.07.49.png
    phufunn.jpg?w=600

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »

2858336-p5.jpg
    phufunn.jpg?w=600

The only one that would go unchanged is the third, both of the first two still have JP text.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

2858336-p5.jpg
    phufunn.jpg?w=600

The only one that would go unchanged is the third, both of the first two still have JP text.

Or, you know, they just leave the Japanese text in because it probably says the same thing the English text that's with it says. At the very least, that first screenshot the Kanji to the right of the date is the Kanji used for Monday. Can't remember enough of Japanese to recall what the bit on the second screenshot says, but it makes sense.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

2858336-p5.jpg
    phufunn.jpg?w=600

Or, you know, they just leave the Japanese text in because it probably says the same thing the English text that's with it says. At the very least, that first screenshot the Kanji to the right of the date is the Kanji used for Monday. Can't remember enough of Japanese to recall what the bit on the second screenshot says, but it makes sense.

I know, but the US version will probably remove it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular

2858336-p5.jpg
    phufunn.jpg?w=600

I would just like to point out once again how much fuckin STYLE is in this game, jesus christ

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    I do hope we get more info on party members, soon. At the very least, Anne, Ryuji, and Morgana's Personas.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    hoodie13 wrote: »

I would just like to point out once again how much fuckin STYLE is in this game, jesus christ

So, confession time, the real reason I posted those screens is because the style is fucking awesome and I wanted to post pictures because of that. I didn't really care about it.

PSN|AspectVoid
This discussion has been closed.