Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Winter 2014 is just around the corner.

1858687888991»

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    And that skin isn't with the steel book or CE. Or PS3, naturally.

SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Atlus are putting out one of the pocket guidebooks like they did for 3/4?

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Just found out that P5 releases on a Tuesday. Weird.

Anyway, this is definitely getting a digital release on PS3 in Europe, right? At the moment I can only see the PS4 version on PSN.

Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654 | Nintendo Network ID: Maz_PA
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Anyone know if Atlus are putting out one of the pocket guidebooks like they did for 3/4?

I think that was just Double Jump. They happily went out of business after turning into complete jerks that blamed all their errors on bad translations

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Anyway, this is definitely getting a digital release on PS3 in Europe, right? At the moment I can only see the PS4 version on PSN.

Tuesday is the big release day in North America (unless you're talking Nintendo), so you're getting a global simultaneous release. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 3823-8693-5976
    Final Fantasy XIV: Neema Chelewae, Hyperion Server
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Just a heads up for Oceanic people, I looked around and couldn't find a listing for PS3 Persona 5 so I asked the distributors:

So yeah, you may need to look into importing if you don't want to buy a PS4 just for it.

Man, I bought a PS4 just for Persona 5. In 2014. When it was supposed to have been released.

omg we get to be persona buddies

I may not get to it right away because Mass Effect.

Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    DemonStacey
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Tuesday is the big release day in North America (unless you're talking Nintendo), so you're getting a global simultaneous release. :)

Ah, I see. Usually most games come out on a Friday in Europe (which makes much more sense to me).

Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654 | Nintendo Network ID: Maz_PA
    Just a heads up for Oceanic people, I looked around and couldn't find a listing for PS3 Persona 5 so I asked the distributors:

So yeah, you may need to look into importing if you don't want to buy a PS4 just for it.

Man, I bought a PS4 just for Persona 5. In 2014. When it was supposed to have been released.

/blacklist

Dracomicron
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

/blacklist

The way I see it, I have 2 weeks to beat Mass Effect, because when I get home from work on April 4th, it will be Persona time and remain Persona Time until Persona is completed.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Ah, I see. Usually most games come out on a Friday in Europe (which makes much more sense to me).

Yeah, it really does make more sense. I have no idea why it's Tuesday here. "Congrats, your new game will taunt you for the rest of the work/school week!"

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 3823-8693-5976
    Final Fantasy XIV: Neema Chelewae, Hyperion Server

I would find out who is distributing it in your region and check, because it is not in Australia.

I think that was just Double Jump. They happily went out of business after turning into complete jerks that blamed all their errors on bad translations

That was the group.

Sorry to hear that on both counts, those little pocketbooks were handy for pulling things up in a pinch.

Magic Pink
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 20

Yeah, it really does make more sense. I have no idea why it's Tuesday here. "Congrats, your new game will taunt you for the rest of the work/school week!"

From the publisher's standpoint, that's preferable to "Congrats, your new game has issues that will taunt you for the rest of the weekend until the programmers come back into the office on Monday."

We don't push new modules that only impact one of a client's offices/sites to live on a Friday and that's far less reach than a nationally or globally released product.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Nah it ain't got nothing to do with Publishers or developers for that matter.

In the US it pretty much boils down to how sales are counted. Not just for video games either, but movies (home media kind, not box office), new music albums and possibly books too IIRC almost always come out on Tuesday. Monday just happens to be the day most sales figures come out for pretty much anything anyone cares to know sales figures for.

Any benefit developers or publishers might get out of it is just a happy coincidence.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular

I must have missed this debacle, but their guides definitely took a step down in quality after Disgaea 2's and Raidou's. P3's and P4's were mostly reference guides, hardly detailing EVERYTHING like what you'd expect. P4's in particular was really bad. It barely details anything.

SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah I remember the editing in the P4 guide was really shoddy compared to P3. Duplicated paragraphs, text errors, etc.

It's still much more helpful than not but it was pretty clear that their standards went way down between the two guides.

cj iwakura wrote: »

I must have missed this debacle, but their guides definitely took a step down in quality after Disgaea 2's and Raidou's. P3's and P4's were mostly reference guides, hardly detailing EVERYTHING like what you'd expect. P4's in particular was really bad. It barely details anything.

they were ok until they set up their own forums then started throwing blame around and misquoting and re-writing what people said to make themselves look like victims

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Axen wrote: »
    Nah it ain't got nothing to do with Publishers or developers for that matter.

In the US it pretty much boils down to how sales are counted. Not just for video games either, but movies (home media kind, not box office), new music albums and possibly books too IIRC almost always come out on Tuesday. Monday just happens to be the day most sales figures come out for pretty much anything anyone cares to know sales figures for.

Any benefit developers or publishers might get out of it is just a happy coincidence.

For some reason over a year ago music new releases (for cd's) got pushed back to Fridays on release week. I don't know why that happened, and if it's only at certain retailers or not, but it happened.

edit: Also if work is actually getting in the PS3 version then I'm getting that, as I don't own a PS4 and keep wanted to buy one for persona, before I remember that it's supposed to be coming for PS3 as well. If my work doesn't have it then I'll go next door to Toys R Us.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg