As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV] I'm Sorry, Rum-ham!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    ABC says the new Muppet Show pilot will be "more adult."

On the one hand, the Muppet Show had more than its share of jokes I only got as an adult.

On the other hand, the last time The Muppets went "more adult," we got Muppets Tonight.

• Options
    Also, today I learned that Bill Prady wrote the script for MuppetVision 3D, and co-wrote The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson

Makes me feel a little better about him writing this new pilot (I love both of those things)

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I will not apologize for loving Muppets Tonight. Garth Brooks performing Fiddler on the Roof with Muppet chickens? Yes please.

• Options
    I will not apologize for loving Muppets Tonight. Garth Brooks performing Fiddler on the Roof with Muppet chickens? Yes please.

Any good found in Muppets Tonight is immediately countered by the introduction of Pepe Prawn.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I dunno. "I am not a shrimp! I am a King Prawn!" is still a good go-to line in many situations

of course, that was Muppets in Space, not Muppets Tonight.
    (muppets in space: worst muppet movie? hmm)

• Options
    edited April 2015
    tynic wrote: »
    I dunno. "I am not a shrimp! I am a King Prawn!" is still a good go-to line in many situations

of course, that was Muppets in Space, not Muppets Tonight.
    (muppets in space: worst muppet movie? hmm)

strictly big screen movies or do tv movies count

because some of the christmas movies between muppets in space and the muppets

hoo lordy, they're terrible

(which also may account for my vile hatred of pepe prawn)

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I enjoy Muppets in Space. It's a source of a lot of in-jokes in our family.

Mostly:
    "The GOAT?"
    "No! The RE-MOTE!"

Or:
    "Smoking is very bad for you you know."
    "Frank, I didn't know you cared"

But my personal favorite joke in the film is:
    "Release... me... Release... me..."

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32gd8BZ5xhI
    Reggie Watts asked Jeff Goldblum about sensuality, and Beck just had to sit there and listen

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Ginger having sex with Eric was fucking hilarious

"Are you alright?"

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Lip Sync Battle.
    Terry Crews.
    Glorious.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

@nirya and I are discovering the staggering depth to the official greys anatomy twitter account

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Y'all need to get in on this twitter feed.

And also open up some Sarah McLachlan music in another tab.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

THIS FUCKING PICTURE

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wait

Greys anatomy is still running?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    have they gotten to the duodenum

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My first thought was

Sandra Oh finally figured out how to make her face show emotion

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Greys Anatomy is still pretty okay from what I catch

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Haha

That twitter account

I genuinely hope the person posting those tweets is just having a real blast and is like a genuine fan of the show with those emoticons and such

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I heard bloodlines was good so I watched two episodes.

Man I like these dudes OK but the pacing is not really working for me.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Lip Sync Battle.
    Terry Crews.
    Glorious.

I'll watch it tonight!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    It's ok he'll be back as a ghost, he still has a year on his contract

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    We watched Lip Sync Battle finally and then immediately watched all the other episodes on demand. Tyson was mildly disappointing but Terry Crews was amazing as expected.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the Common/John Legend one as we watched just because we were least interested in it. And Wrecking Ball was phenomenal.

I know that there are some folks that watch reality shows here so... On Wednesday we watched Survivor at a local bar/restaurant, at a weekly event hosted by Dan from the current season. They had it on four projectors and multiple tvs. He came up front during commercials and did some commentary on things they didn't show, people were cheering and booing along with the show, it was really fun. It was an absolutely packed house and really added to how fun the show can be - I think we'll try to go again next week.

My son and niece were pretty excited too...
    luipe07p8wnr.jpg

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So I work at an ABC affiliate doing morning shows, and one of our female reporters hasn't seen the Greys Anatomy episode yet, so she was spending all morning threatening to swear blood feuds against anyone who spoiled it.

Cut to after our show and Good Morning America is now on, and George Stephanopoulos drops the spoiler in a tease right before we go on for a news update, so the spoiler gets blasted over the studio speakers all through the newsroom, where the until-now unspoiled reporter is sitting.

The moral of the story is Good Morning America is a bad show that ruins people's days.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    So I work at an ABC affiliate doing morning shows, and one of our female reporters hasn't seen the Greys Anatomy episode yet, so she was spending all morning threatening to swear blood feuds against anyone who spoiled it.

Cut to after the show, and George Stephanopoulos drops the spoiler in a tease right before we go on for a news update, so the spoiler gets blasted over the studio speakers all through the newsroom.

The moral of the story is GMA is a bad show that ruins people's days.

nAUCESGPB5SUV.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

No, it'll all be flashbacks

Or they'll pull a Dallas

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So, I'm starting Twin Peaks today. Never seen it before. This ought to be interesting...

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    We watched Lip Sync Battle finally and then immediately watched all the other episodes on demand. Tyson was mildly disappointing but Terry Crews was amazing as expected.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the Common/John Legend one as we watched just because we were least interested in it. And Wrecking Ball was phenomenal.

I know that there are some folks that watch reality shows here so... On Wednesday we watched Survivor at a local bar/restaurant, at a weekly event hosted by Dan from the current season. They had it on four projectors and multiple tvs. He came up front during commercials and did some commentary on things they didn't show, people were cheering and booing along with the show, it was really fun. It was an absolutely packed house and really added to how fun the show can be - I think we'll try to go again next week.

luipe07p8wnr.jpg

This season of Survivor has been pretty tough to watch, a lot of the time. The just rampant, flagrant misogyny is exhausting.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

No, it'll all be flashbacks

Or they'll pull a Dallas

I don't watch this show, but the real problem is that my mother does and I have to spend this weekend with her.

So this has now become my entire weekend. Thanks Shonda Rhimes.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I managed to catch the latest Inside Amy Schumer last night.

http://youtu.be/XPpsI8mWKmg

Have we talked yet about how great this sketch was?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So, I'm starting Twin Peaks today. Never seen it before. This ought to be interesting...

Good luck. I couldn't get through the second episode before getting sick and utterly tired of the side stories that just devour anything else in the show I may have found interesting. The side stories may be the point of the show, but I wanted to see some David Lynch shit, not follow a 90210 spinoff for 35 minutes with 10 minutes of X-Files.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

The Football Town Nights sketch was fucking brutal

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I need to pin this to watch it when I get home from work.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dreyfus is in her fifties?!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i imagine bottled water from the fountain of youth is no big expense when you have seinfeld money

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    i imagine bottled water from the fountain of youth is no big expense when you have seinfeld money

she was actually already mega super wealthy before that.

like, talking numbers in the B range

Langly on
  • Options

luipe07p8wnr.jpg

This is kinda funny because Dan is one of the worst people portrayed on this season.

Lucky for him his awfulness just got eclipsed by Will.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.