Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [NHL] Thread is Way Offsides

1707172737476»

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Did you see their game though? It was so good.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I did see that the Avs got shutout by the second worst team in the league last night.

Gotta be getting close to the record at this point.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Marchand winning the Rocket Richard or Art Ross would be so damn hilarious

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I did see that the Avs got shutout by the second worst team in the league last night.

Gotta be getting close to the record at this point.
    I got curious and looked it up. The 1928-29 Blackhawks were shutout 20 times and the Avs are currently sitting at 12. There's still time!

Le_Goat
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Isles are making it really hard on themselves to stay in this. They left way too many points on the table earlier in the year, and now every single game is make or break. This entire schedule in the back half of the year is totally brutal and they just can't manage to win the games they should win. This next week will determine that wild card spot. Blue Jackets, Rags, Pens, Bruins, Preds. .500 Hockey isn't gonna keep them in this and this stretch could easily become a 1 in 4 or 0 in 4 streak. And of course the BJ's game is a matinee which is basically guaranteeing a murder.

In other news, y'all should be checking out the recent highlights of Josh Ho Sang playing. That kid is amazing. Its also the first time I've heard Islanders fans go crazy just from a guy carrying the puck

So a forest of boob trees is sexist?
    My Art twitter
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, but he broke the NHL law by wearing number 66 so now we have to hate him. Sorry.

LitanyMugsley
    As a penguins fan, I couldn't care less that he wears 66 because he looks up to mario so much.

Seems like a good thing, to me

ShadowenMugsley
    The 66 banter has been unreal. If this was Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews no one would give a shit.

My Art twitter
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    The 66 banter has been unreal. If this was Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews no one would give a shit.

It has been so stupid. And it probably comes down to him having "personality" by which they mean, he's black, asian and jewish.

:so_raven:
    LD50ShadowenCobalt60Litany
  • AridholAridhol Registered User regular

I don't think that's true at all.
    Anyone putting on those numbers or 99 is going to get shit for it.

Because hockey fans are nuts but it is what it is.

Dissociater
    But 99 is literally retired league wide. No one else is.

My Art twitter
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 Registered User regular
    The only team he can't wear 66 on is the Penguins and he doesn't play for the Penguins.

• wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    the only people who get really upset about stuff like this are the old school white dudes. I really don't think most people care.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    Cobalt60
  • DeadfallDeadfall Registered User regular
    Today the Avs played for the last time at Joe Louis. An end of an era.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Pokemon Champion (retired) Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    How did the NHL fail to schedule that game for the 20th anniversary of Turtle Day?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    I'll never forget Bloody Wednesday.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    the only people who get really upset about stuff like this are the old school white dudes. I really don't think most people care.

And like Corvus mentioned; he's black asian and jewish. If he was muslim he would tick all the hate boxes for old white dudes.

• chromdomchromdom That One Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    How did the NHL fail to schedule that game for the 20th anniversary of Turtle Day?
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I'll never forget Bloody Wednesday.

Kris Draper did a pretty good write up on it in The Players Tribune.

Oh ya, I still give him some, just he goes savage on it, doesn't with any other food, little cannibal
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Penn State has won their first big ten title, and are heading to their first NCAA tournament after beating Minnesota And Wisconsin both in 2OT on consecutive nights.

camo_sig2.png
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Thank you Avalanche, that was wonderful.

*lights cigarette*

Was watching some Calgary last night. Johnny Gaudreau is pretty legit

My Art twitter
    and Matt Tkachuk is a dirty player. That elbow was nasty. He won't, but should get 10 games for that.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 20
    Thank you Avalanche, that was wonderful.

*lights cigarette*
    You're welcome, for both the points and the newly renamed Jonathan Toews Offsides rule.

Jayricho on
    DeadfallAridhol
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    and Matt Tkachuk is a dirty player. That elbow was nasty. He won't, but should get 10 games for that.

Two games.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Pokemon Champion (retired) Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    edited March 21
    Man, normally the wheel o' discipline is weighted much more severely when it's a rookie elbowing a star to the head. If only he had been European!

enlightenedbum on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Man, normally the wheel o' discipline is weighted much more severely when it's a rookie elbowing a star to the head. If only he had been European!

You know, you say that, but the game broadcast I was watching last night actually showed two incidents in the past 3 seasons that were pretty much identical to the Tkachuk hit and in both cases the player got 2 games, so I guess in this case they actually are at least being consistent with precedent.

Jake Guentzel wakes up on the ice with blood all over his face.

Ristolainen sent to the bench with a 5minute major for interference. Looked like a headshot, but I'd need to see it a few more times.

Probably an effective way to slow down what has recently been the best line in the NHL

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Wooooo another offsides challenge. It'll be great in 10 minutes when they get it wrong.

Here comes the 3rd period collapse like clockwork.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • ChanusChanus Never Backward Always ForwardRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Crosby had an eventful night

kind of puts a

taint

on the goal he scored

B : )

B: )

B)

D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
    MugsleyJayrichoLailShadowen
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Crosby had an eventful night

The recommended stories section looks like an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
    Chanus
    Crosby also lost some teeth in the last 2min of the game from a high stick from Kane.