As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bioware Games] Stop Dragon My Heart Around

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I don't mind the Mako, it's janky and stupid but in an endearing way, like jogging diagonally up a mountain Skyrim. Sure it doesn't make any sense and isn't necessarily "fun" but it's got character.

Peen on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The Mako is only annoying because most of the time with it if you're doing everything in the game is spent on those horribly designed random planets. Any of the main missions that it showed up in were great.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Cheesing with the Mako was good fun.

Find Thresher Maw, get to 1% health using Mako, leave the Mako, kill the Thresher Maw using a sniper rifle, get mad xp.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Most of the UNCs are actually alright. The problem is the two or three that are mountainous and jagged.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    What makes the Mako worse is that, if you have played the game a few times, you realize that there are set "correct" paths through the maps that are easy to traverse. It's just that Bioware didn't mark or distinguish them in anyway. All that slow jumping wasn't necessary.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I loved that the jumping was just a straight "jets under your mako" deal so if you were up on a hill and jumped you rocketed horizontally off the side and it was mad stupid.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I didn't mind the mako at the time, but watching someone else play it I realised that those sections are always the worst part of the mission.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the hammerhead was good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Yeah that shit looks like it rules. I never got that DLC and am watching it for the first time.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    The green ending isn't alone in being an issue with consent. Every single option deals equally with consent, because you're unilaterally making a decision that will impact all life in the galaxy. It becomes no less about consent if those effected don't live to think about it.

Every option but reject is essentially rooted in fascism, whether Shepard likes it or not. It shouldn't up to them to decide the fate of the galaxy, but you play the hand you're dealt.

I kinda feel the opposite

The allied species of the galaxy have put their faith in Shepard and the Crucible to deal with the Reapers

Choosing reject throws away all their lives and hard work just because Shepard couldn't make a choice

"Fuck you and fuck this" is most certainly a choice, my man

I really want to hear the radio conversation shepard has with hackett after going yellow

she explains the whole situation and goes "yeah man I told it to fuck itself we're going to go down fighting!!" and hacket goes "NO SHEPARD YOU IDIOT GO BACK AND SHOOT THE TUBE"

Yeah

and it's a shame, because really, the whole principle that the SC is working off is rejected by the rest of the game.

and yet, you can't say "no, I'm not making a choice within your paradigm because it's stupid and here's why"

You have to cop out and be unable to choose

• Options
    Gator wrote: »
    The best ending is the red ending because it's the only one that allows the setting to more or less continue as it was

see that's why it's the least desirable in my mind

I think I do agree on some level, which I think is why I preferred the classic red version of all the relays are destroyed and we have to start galactic civilization over

I liked your read of green being a good cap because it turned the series into something completely different, with its absurdity only fueling its dreamlike nature

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    The green ending isn't alone in being an issue with consent. Every single option deals equally with consent, because you're unilaterally making a decision that will impact all life in the galaxy. It becomes no less about consent if those effected don't live to think about it.

Every option but reject is essentially rooted in fascism, whether Shepard likes it or not. It shouldn't up to them to decide the fate of the galaxy, but you play the hand you're dealt.

I kinda feel the opposite

The allied species of the galaxy have put their faith in Shepard and the Crucible to deal with the Reapers

Choosing reject throws away all their lives and hard work just because Shepard couldn't make a choice

"Fuck you and fuck this" is most certainly a choice, my man

I really want to hear the radio conversation shepard has with hackett after going yellow

she explains the whole situation and goes "yeah man I told it to fuck itself we're going to go down fighting!!" and hacket goes "NO SHEPARD YOU IDIOT GO BACK AND SHOOT THE TUBE"

Yeah

and it's a shame, because really, the whole principle that the SC is working off is rejected by the rest of the game.

and yet, you can't say "no, I'm not making a choice within your paradigm because it's stupid and here's why"

You have to cop out and be unable to choose

Eh you can also trigger that ending by shooting SC. Much more satisfying.

• Options
    What, can't I convince sc to shoot itself

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    What, can't I convince sc to shoot itself

Sure but he still turns into Emperor Hopper so there's no real point.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure you can actively reject the choice

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Shoulda done it, man

Shoulda had an option for sc to deactivate all reapers peacefully based on the wisdom of all the me1 collectibles

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Turns out all those Salarian medals could short out the reaper signals

Wouldn't have figured that out without all those matriarch writings, whew

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

Did those do anything? Anything at all?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Led to a pretty good gag in 3 with Conrad Verner, but otherwise no

• Options
    the hammerhead was good

It was alright, but the Mako was better. The Mako was a tad fragile, but compared to the Hammerhead, it's invincible.

• Options
    Oh yeah Conrad being a published doctor of xenotechnology was pretty good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    If I ever play again I'm starting from 2 and using an editor. 1 really doesn't hold up well. Even the characters are kind of eh.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Led to a pretty good gag in 3 with Conrad Verner, but otherwise no

That whole conversation chain was the best part of the trilogy. Completed all these bullshit quests? Were nice (or at least did not kill) Conrad Verner.

Well, guess what, that motherfucker has the keys to stopping the Reapers. And all the locks are made up of fetch quests from across the trilogy.

• Options
    Oh yeah Conrad being a published doctor of xenotechnology was pretty good

It even holds up lore-wise. THAT's how he got the money to play Shepherd.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Bioware has really improved it's writing and cinematics since ME1.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Remember e3 2006 when a demo of a basic shot reverse shot conversation in a space bar was a big deal

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I'm replaying ME1 right now and it's hilarious how often you see someone end a conversation by walking to the left or right.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm replaying ME1 right now and it's hilarious how often you see someone end a conversation by walking to the left or right.

It happens in the sequels, too

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I should go.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2016

Character turns 90 degrees, walks five feet, turns back around, walks back, snaps to Shepard is fucking all over the place.

A duck! on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    the hammerhead was good

It moved like a dream.

Sadly, it was also made of tinfoil.

• Options
    they didn't really balance the hammerhead for the hardest difficulty, either

which is weird af because everything else was pretty well balanced

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    what if we combined the mobility of the hammerhead with the durability of the Mako?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    What if you just drive a Warthog in Andromeda

You know, Halo's Warthog

The Best Video Game Vehicle(tm)

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It happens in the sequels, too

this is one of the things that kinda bums me out is it feel like ME1 was this big shift in conversations in RPGS...and it's 6 years later and everything is just mass effect 1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

It was kind of crazy at the time that a character would just walk away, like they were some kind of real person. Revolutionary!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't know if I just missed Sutherland entirely before when I played Inquisition or I did his first war table mission wrong or what, but I never saw his content before. This is pretty cool. It's like there's a whole other RPG story going on that I'm just seeing from the outside, about a young man who sees some bad shit happening and just wants to help, ending up joining a world-saving organization and forming a squad to do missions for them.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Sutherland is maybe the best side story/sub plot in DAI

It was definitely one of my favorites anyway

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Sutherland is maybe the best side story/sub plot in DAI

It was definitely one of my favorites anyway

Yeah, it was really good. Kind of a hassle to keep track of unless you're focusing on it though.

• Options
    Someone please confirm thing I never knew about: according to TVtropes*, the term "quad" to refer to Krogan testicles originated on these forums. True or false?

*Yeah I'm deploying administrative immunity what of it

This discussion has been closed.