As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - Ethically Sourced

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image [PA Comic] Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - Ethically Sourced

Ethically Sourced

Ethically Sourced

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/04/29

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    There was a Silent Hill TV Series? Going by this comic, I'm guessing it was good, and it was cancelled... Should I still watch it?

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    No, they are talking about the Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro video game collaboration.

• OrblivionOrblivion Registered User regular
    This reminds me of Ren & Stimpy for some reason.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    My favorite part of this comic is the title.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I'm on the fence until I find out if it's local and fair trade

steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I never thought I'd see the day when Tycho wore a sleeveless shirt.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    This title really reminds me of the Shroudsourcing comic.
    i-K4fk67g-1050x10000.jpg

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I mean... this is a very sympathetic topic. The holy union of Kojima, del Toro, and Norman Reedus should have been a sure thing.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Or maybe this is Kojima's fault. Maybe he tried to turn everything into an acronym.

Maybe he wanted it to be S.I.L.E.N.T. H.I.L.L.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Another great effort, Mike. These poses were really something I haven't seen from you before, as well as the layout. You pulled it off extremely well. It's amazing to see how a conscious choice to expand your skills can have such immediately (to us - I'm sure to you it's not quite so immediate) noticeable effects.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    "Whose shit is this?"

A question that should NEVER need to be asked :p.

Fantastic work again all, the quality of art has fucking SKYROCKETED over the past few months, amazing work. PA is continue to grow and maintain it's place as unchallenged god-king of the webcomics :p.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't get it :(

He's so obsessed with trying to figure it all out (the Silent Hill story?) that he made the diagram out of his own poo, I suppose? I've been too scared to play Silent Hill ;) Triangle face dude is a total creepster.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

He's so obsessed with trying to figure it all out (the Silent Hill story?) that he made the diagram out of his own poo, I suppose? I've been too scared to play Silent Hill ;) Triangle face dude is a total creepster.

No.

The seemingly amazing upcoming game Silent Hills (to be made with Hideo Kojima and other such greats), which was teased in 2014 with the playable teaser PT, and which was generally considered to be the next step up for the series, has been cancelled, seemingly in the wake of all the bad stuff happening at Konami regarding Kojima.

Tycho is going delirious and has decided that the only reason this could happen is if he is in Silent Hill, being tortured by the town. He's made a diagram to prove it.

The diagram is still made out of shit, though. I don't think that's a metaphor.

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    and there are already news stories of people putting their PS4s up on ebay with a copy of PT on the harddrive. I guess it's getting pulled from the PS online store sometime today? It's been forever since I played a Silent Hill game, but I know it freaked me out, which aint easy to do.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

If Pyramid Head is really your stumbling block, he's just in #2 & Homecoming.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Well, this was probably one of the most unfortunate things I've heard this month. I was really looking forward to this game. :(
    Maybe a comic will be released so that we can see what exactly they were going to do with the story?
    In my own mind's fantasy, I would have imagined Norman Reedus to eventually become Pyramid Head.
    YoungFrey wrote: »

If Pyramid Head is really your stumbling block, he's just in #2 & Homecoming.

Pyramid Head was actually one of the best bosses I've ever enjoyed fearing in SH2. I missed Homecoming, so I guess I'll have to go back and find/play that!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    This actual thing can be found in the sanitarium you escape from in Dead Space 2 at the beginning of the game.
    One of the now-dead patients had drawn the game's equivalent of a occult scribbling from his poop in his padded cell.
    This comic just reminded me of it.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Came to add to the praising of how far Mike's art has come. The shadows in panel two are great and the composition really enhances the sense of mania. I wish I could afford Frenden's brush set, damnit.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    The art is top-notch in this strip, I don't think any other PA strip is as pretty as this, except maybe the July 4th one where one of the kids learns not to give out stupid stuff online.

• PaulToompasPaulToompas Registered User new member
    The anti-colored-nose people should be happy. Only 3/5 of the noses in this strip are colored.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The anti-colored-nose people should be happy. Only 3/5 of the noses in this strip are colored.

That's a very appropriate(?) number.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I like Jerry's nose much better in the second panel than in the first. The brown nose is just a bit jarring. I hope Mike's experimentation leads him to using a lighter touch on that part.