As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The purpose of "Tales from the Trenches"

Ya know, hey I get it, there's a gaming industry (specifically QA) and there are two sides. Good companies and crappy ones. But lately it seems there have been a lot of Tales that are "hey, I work for one of the good ones, you should be more careful about who you choose to go work for". GREAT, I hear you. But that's not why I read Tales. I'm not in the gaming sector, I'm IT sure, but never have been nor will be in that line of work. So here's the thing - I read tales for the hilarity of those horror stories. After the fifth or so, "but, but, there are good places to work" Tale, I got bored with them.

Now I understand that the choice of content is on the creators or whoever is in charge of screening/editing submitted content. I'm just expressing that as a reader, the touchy-feely ones will drive me away. If I'm alone in this, so be it, I'll just remove Trenches from my reading list. I've done it before, especially when one (VERY well known, non-PA) webcomic just got way too preachy for my taste. I moved on. I hated doing it and it was tough not to go back. I'd hate to do it with Tales from the Trenches (not a threat - please don't perceive it as such).

So I go back to my topic thread - What is Tales purpose? Is it intended as entertainment? Or is it intended as a voice of the industry?

This discussion has been closed.