As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nurturing [chat]'s destructive side

19495969798100»

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Tom Hardy brought his Bane coat.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Chinese is the worst

Meanwhile my current academic plan is 6 straight semesters of Chinese starting in the fall

ahahahaha fuck everything

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    That photo is so ducking compressed tho like seriously wtf WB

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Chinese is the worst

Meanwhile my current academic plan is 6 straight semesters of Chinese starting in the fall

You gun die

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Chinese is the worst

*chortles into my baguette*

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    What if someone does something irksome and I decide to remove their spine?

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

suicide squad cast photo

CEHetvBUMAAcRer.jpg:large

I have NO idea what this is, but it looks soooo rad.

DC universe movie Suicide Squad are the governments team of supervillans that do their real dirty work

From left to right:
    Adam Beach as Slipknot??
    Jai Courtney as Boomerang
    Cara Delevigne as Enchantress
    Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
    Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
    Will Smith as Deadshot
    Adewale Akinnuoeye-Agbaje as Killer Croc
    Jay Hernandez as El Diablo
    and at the bottom:
    Karen Fukuhara as Katana

ah yes, the Batman game bosses

*nods*

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Learning Chinese is a practical skill. Employers will fall all over themselves to hire you.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Chinese is the worst

*chortles into my baguette*

That's impolite. Cinders. that is no way to treat a baguette...

Oh god, now i remembered the "soupeurs" subculture from France... Ew ew ew.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    What if someone does something irksome and I decide to remove their spine?

Riot.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Learning Chinese is a practical skill. Employers will fall all over themselves to hire you.

To send you to China.

God, why would you do that to yourself

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @syndalis @goody @Drez

I did a fitting at the Apple Store today. Very impressed with the quality of the bands. I definitely like the modern buckle the best. The Milanese loop is nice as well. I was surprised by the leather loop the most. Off, I thought it was casual looking and kind of ugly. On, it's really nice (especially in blue). The closure mechanisms for the loop bands are really slick too. The bracelet felt a little cheap to me, to be honest. The clasp is of a type often seen on higher end watches and it did not click as authoritatively as I would have liked. I also really did not like the contrast between the brushed steel band and the glossy watch.

I was also pleasantly surprised by how compact the watch is. I'm used to wearing an automatic watch most days and the apple watch is thin and light by comparison. The controls feel good and the touch screen is very responsive. My two complaints are (1) I wish they had more aggressive lines like a traditional tank watch and (2) I wish the crown had a little more resistance to it, so it would feel more like a real watch crown. I also wish it had a saphire on it, but I recognize that would both up the cost and be a very deliberate Cartier knock off.

I am very torn on what to do. My work ordered me a 38mm stainless steel with black classic leather band. I would definitely prefer to have a 42mm with the blue leather loop band, but I don't want to seem ungrateful. They told us they made sure we could exchange, but if I'm the only one who does I will feel awkward. Probably just stick with what they ordered me.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

To send you to China.

God, why would you do that to yourself

Because you love gristle and mystery meat?

No one who knows french should google "soupeurs"...

@syndalis @goody @Drez

I did a fitting at the Apple Store today. Very impressed with the quality of the bands. I definitely like the modern buckle the best. The Milanese loop is nice as well. I was surprised by the leather loop the most. Off, I thought it was casual looking and kind of ugly. On, it's really nice (especially in blue). The closure mechanisms for the loop bands are really slick too. The bracelet felt a little cheap to me, to be honest. The clasp is of a type often seen on higher end watches and it did not click as authoritatively as I would have liked. I also really did not like the contrast between the brushed steel band and the glossy watch.

I was also pleasantly surprised by how compact the watch is. I'm used to wearing an automatic watch most days and the apple watch is thin and light by comparison. The controls feel good and the touch screen is very responsive. My two complaints are (1) I wish they had more aggressive lines like a traditional tank watch and (2) I wish the crown had a little more resistance to it, so it would feel more like a real watch crown. I also wish it had a saphire on it, but I recognize that would both up the cost and be a very deliberate Cartier knock off.

I am very torn on what to do. My work ordered me a 38mm stainless steel with black classic leather band. I would definitely prefer to have a 42mm with the blue leather loop band, but I don't want to seem ungrateful. They told us they made sure we could exchange, but if I'm the only one who does I will feel awkward. Probably just stick with what they ordered me.

Why would work order you an Apple Watch?

edited May 2015
    Removed for grossness.

21stCentury on

I dont know French, so im gonna do that right now.

"Learning Chinese"

Oh ho

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    shryke wrote: »
    @syndalis @goody @Drez

As a gift. My whole department is getting them as a thank you for working so hard.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    shes got japan on her forehead and as an armband in case you forgot

She's supposed to have Japanese sunbeams over her right boob, too, but I guess that's asking too much.

but that might distract from her actual boob

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

Google language fucker filled me in.

shryke wrote: »
    @syndalis @goody @Drez

As a gift. My whole department is getting them as a thank you for working so hard.

Ahh, that makes sense.

I was trying to determine how one would justify that as a productivity business expense.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I take it the word doesn't refer to soup and stew.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i told you not to do a thing.

Why did you do a thing?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

suicide squad cast photo

CEHetvBUMAAcRer.jpg:large

I have NO idea what this is, but it looks soooo rad.

DC universe movie Suicide Squad are the governments team of supervillans that do their real dirty work

From left to right:
    Adam Beach as Slipknot??
    Jai Courtney as Boomerang
    Cara Delevigne as Enchantress
    Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
    Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
    Will Smith as Deadshot
    Adewale Akinnuoeye-Agbaje as Killer Croc
    Jay Hernandez as El Diablo
    and at the bottom:
    Karen Fukuhara as Katana

ah yes, the Batman game bosses

*nods*

I want this to be good. It won't be but I want it.

Should i fill everyone in on the gross things french people do?

NO

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 1.8

@Quid will create the new thread
    @shryke is backup

This discussion has been closed.