As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Six Coaches Not Named Byron Scott Fired

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Why is Kobe even involved with free agent talks? He's done with this franchise, there is absolutely no need to gauge chemistry or figure out how new players will work with Kobe, because he's going to play a few weeks of this season, he's going to strain something, and that will be it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'm glad the Knicks aren't paying that.

He's not worth $10M to a team that won't contend.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Is he worth $10 million now? Seems like they overpaid?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

You could've stopped at he's not worth $10M.

• Options

Is he worth $10 million now? Seems like they overpaid?

To a team that really needs a wing defender? Yeah he is. Maybe it's a bit more than he's worth but not by much. But to act like the Knicks dodged a bullet is odd. They gave him away because they aren't a contender and won't be for a while not because he'd command too much money.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Why is Kobe even involved with free agent talks? He's done with this franchise, there is absolutely no need to gauge chemistry or figure out how new players will work with Kobe, because he's going to play a few weeks of this season, he's going to strain something, and that will be it.

Because Jim "Tommy Boy" Buss is an idiot.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'd say 2-3 million per year is overpaying by a lot.

• Options
    Sour grapes

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Shumpert is a great defender who just needs more shots

the Cavs should make him feel welcomed

Xehalus on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Shumpert is a great defender who just needs more shots

the Cavs should make him feel welcomed

Shumpert couldn't make shots during most of the Finals though. defensively yeah sure, he's a presence, but offensively was a liability.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Shumpert also had like half a healthy body in the finals.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    He had a healthy body at times on the Knicks and his offense was spotty at best. He got hurt in his 2nd year and hasn't really been the same since.

Goose! on
  • Options
    He got thumped by Green on an illegal screen and was already playing too many minutes. If the Cavs had a full roster he probably would have missed two games in that series.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Someone did an analysis on how many illegal screens the Warriors set in that final series, it was a YouTube video floating around somewhere. The number of illegal screens was well into the double digits.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Draymond resigned with GSW on a ridiculously team friendly deal.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Nik Stauskis era in Sacramento is over.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options

Is it? He got $85M I thought $90M was the max for him?

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Kings gonna king.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yoooooo hinkie.

didn't think the sixers had any hope of exploiting their cap space with the crazy cap expansion next year but damn.

damn.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYzvDEe6Mc

how do you trade Sauce Castillo

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    fucking kings

can't you let us laugh at the sixers and their nine centers and the potential that THE PROCESS is blowing up in their faces for like two minutes before getting fleeced by hinkie

bugss2.jpg
  • Options

I guess he ended up taking $82M / 5 years. That contract will look silly in a few years (assuming Draymond keeps up the good work).

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Anthony Davis working on his 3s in a HS gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPVgCF_bVA

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    STAUSKAS

A SHOOTER

DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS, AT LONG LAST, A SHOOTER

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    STAUSKAS

A SHOOTER

DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS, AT LONG LAST, A SHOOTER

HE IS GOING TO SCORE LIKE, 50 A GAME.

Sure the Sixers are going to only average about 72 points a game.

But goddamn am I hype for STAUSKAS in Philly.

• Options
    That trade is

I guess he ended up taking $82M / 5 years. That contract will look silly in a few years (assuming Draymond keeps up the good work).

Maybe so I'm fairly certain he can't get a much bigger long-term deal than he just got right now.

• Options
    For some reason, I thought he was under different constraints since he was a 2nd round pick. I'm probably wrong.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Five years guaranteed with a team he just won a ring with, at the age of 25 with only one breakout season? That's a deal he can't say no to.

• Options
    Yeah. I just wanted him on the Pistons.

Maybe he'll have a down year and we can snag him in a trade.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    That's a strange wish I wouldn't count on.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Greg Monroe to Milwaukee.

Aaron Afflalo to New York.

• Options
    That's a strange wish I wouldn't count on.

It seems unlikely.

Knicks/Lakers lose out to Milwaukee!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    if i were knicks fan i'd be delighted they weren't the team who gave greg monroe the max

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    I'm delighted that players are no longer considering the supposed off-the-court opportunities of big markets and are making decisions based on basketball.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Bucks are gonna be insane this year

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I am super duper glad Monroe passed, as the Knicks had offered him the max for whatever amount of years he wanted and he still said no. Its like, phew.

Also Afflalo for $8 million per > Shumpert for $10 per in my opinion

Goose! on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Killin me aldridge

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Oh it looks like the Knicks were actually not offering Monroe the max? I don't know anymore.

• Options
    The Knicks and Lakers both claim they didn't offer him the max and Monroe's agent is saying everyone offered him the max. All interested parties have incentive to lie so believe whomever you want.

This discussion has been closed.