As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Every [chat] a painting

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Apparently someone has put a £2000 bet on Yvette Cooper being the new Labour leader, prompting suspicion that they know something nobody else does.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    People and animals really like it when I touch them.

Because you grant temporary invincibility.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bottom line: The French are weird.

I originally read that as "having noodles up one's ass"

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    congratulations on the sex winky

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Apparently someone has put a £2000 bet on Yvette Cooper being the new Labour leader, prompting suspicion that they know something nobody else does.

The bookies had her as second favourite the day after the election, so it's not like she's wildly unlikely to get it.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Thunderlord Cindyroar is making life hard for you guys, isn't she.

wat

Cindy wants every child named after her so that they can be a possible target for soul transference when she reaches old age.

While true, in this case we came up with the name by committee.

And I think we came up with the best name possible.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

I was petting a cat, P10. You can sympathize with this!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Thunderlord Cindyroar is making life hard for you guys, isn't she.

wat

Cindy wants every child named after her so that they can be a possible target for soul transference when she reaches old age.

Now now, this is the name everyone agreed on.

Except perhaps broar and the woman bearing the child, but they've already been out-voted. :P

• Options

i believe you

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    How degenerate do you have to be to bet on elections?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

i believe you

p10 gets mad pussy

just constant pussy everywhere all over his room

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

British?

• Options
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

well, how better to denote a healthy scorn for modern day politics by betting on it

• Options
    there is a cat at my feet right now

• Options

Wait what

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Not at all?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I think Cooper would be better than Andy Burnham as the new Labour leader. Or Eddie Izzard.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

Wait what

the answer is EXTREMELY DEGENERATE

X

TREME

LY

gambling is a sin and elections doubly so

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mmm, Fixmer.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    in a surprise development, the entire nation of Sweden is now running as the new Labour leader

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think Cooper would be better than Andy Burnham as the new Labour leader. Or Eddie Izzard.

I like Cooper or Umunna

I think they're probably correct in their opinion that this time around Labour failed to pitch to the middle. I suspect this is also why disillusioned Lib Dem voters broke right rather than left, and why in certain areas it appears that traditional Labour voters went to UKIP

Burnham is probably too old Labour, appealing to a demographic that doesn't hold the clout it once did, and Hunt is probably too wonkish

I don't know anything about the other suggested candidates

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    in a surprise development, the entire nation of Sweden is now running as the new Labour leader

this is not possible - however, stephen kinnock is a labour MP and married to the danish prime minister

so if he was made labour leader he could potentially claim to be married to denmark. and if he won an election we could have joint husbando-waifu rulers...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    personal unions are making a comeback

Princess Charlotte is going to be bethrothed to Prince Hisahito

• Options

I like Cooper or Umunna

I think they're probably correct in their opinion that this time around Labour failed to pitch to the middle. I suspect this is also why disillusioned Lib Dem voters broke right rather than left, and why in certain areas it appears that traditional Labour voters went to UKIP

Burnham is probably too old Labour, appealing to a demographic that doesn't hold the clout it once did, and Hunt is probably too wonkish

I am still pretty fucking astonished that any disillusioned Lib Dem voters voted Tory. Oh no, they broke their word on tuition fees, best vote Tory now. Wat?

• Options

I like Cooper or Umunna

I am still pretty fucking astonished that any disillusioned Lib Dem voters voted Tory. Oh no, they broke their word on tuition fees, best vote Tory now. Wat?

yes

that is basically wat happened. people in the uk seem to be pretty much morons about the lib dems but that is the nature of the slug lyfe

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I like Cooper or Umunna

I mean not to criticize but, as a concerned colonist who basically just copied your style of government

You guys don't seem to be very good at this still, and you've had a lot more practice at it than we've had

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence

I just go in and vote for the person with the cutest name, but still

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY WE'RE GOING TO THE DOG PARK OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

xNpMdKf.jpg?1

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options

I like Cooper or Umunna

I generally think that your average lib dem is either a leftist who is put off labour because of a perceived lack of economic pragmatism, or a Tory that recognises that policy built on egalitarianism as a principle in an unequal society isn't egalitarian in effect

So I can see a right leaning lib dem voter going Tory on the basis that a recovering economy limits the regressiveness of Tory social policy and/or genuinely believed that labour would put a recovery that in theory benefits everyone at risk

I mean, I don't agree with that, but I can see it as a stance

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I read umunnas guardian oped ad was v unimpressed

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I like Cooper or Umunna

I mean not to criticize but, as a concerned colonist who basically just copied your style of government

You guys don't seem to be very good at this still, and you've had a lot more practice at it than we've had

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence

I just go in and vote for the person with the cutest name, but still

weve had the longest running government in the world purely through making sure nothing works well enough for anybody to get any real murderous steam going

learn from our wisdoms

one day the political process will actually start working and then were all fked

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY WE'RE GOING TO THE DOG PARK OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

xNpMdKf.jpg?1

ranger ranger ranger ranger

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I don't think Umuna has wide appeal. He's slick and confident, but lacking any charm.

I know this shit shouldn't be important, but obviously it really fucking is these days.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

I like Cooper or Umunna

the thing is

there are no such thing as centerists

people who believe they are center are actually just people on the right or the left who falsely believe they are more "reasonable" than everyone else

a surprising number of Lib Dem supporters are actually conservatives albeit with a small "C"

• Options
    edited May 2015
    btw watch as the tories do about 12000 things they wanted to do (including snoopers charter and repealing human rights bill) straight away

"BUT THE LIB DEMS DIDNT STOP THEM DOING ANYTHING"

im sorry u live in a fantasy land where the junior partner in a coalition gets what they want and stops everything : (

i have heard a lot of otherwise intelligent people repeating the most retarded shit about da lib deems

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I don't think Umuna has wide appeal. He's slick and confident, but lacking any charm.

I know this shit shouldn't be important, but obviously it really fucking is these days.

I had literally never heard of him before Miliband resigned. He seems hungup on moving out of Westminster, as in literally he doesn't like the palace itself. Not entirely sure why or why he thinks this should be one of his headline positions in his first days in the limelight.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

I like Cooper or Umunna

the thing is

people who believe they are center are actually just people on the right or the left who falsely believe they are more "reasonable" than everyone else

a surprising number of Lib Dem supporters are actually conservatives albeit with a small "C"

Yup. Like the obsession with Independents here in the States. The vast majority of them only ever vote for one party. The rest tend to have jarringly incompatible stances on issues.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

I like Cooper or Umunna

the thing is

Yup. Like the obsession with Independents here in the States. The vast majority of them only ever vote for one party. The rest tend to have jarringly incompatible stances on issues.

its worth noting that the lib dems actually fall roughly between labour and the cons on a wide range of issues

they are a relatively old-fashioned british Liberal party - thus can keep a straight face while saying we like drugs and less deficit spending

this is not really a position conventional left-right graphcs have space for

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.