As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Flash]: Wally Goes West (SPOILERS)

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wow 2 CSI techs. Look at richie rich CCPD over there!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Pff, the other dude probably got the job because of his Dad.

sig.gif
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Felton to be Barry's Eddie Brock?

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

And then he can be embittered and become post-Flashpoint Reverse Flash after betraying Barry in some way.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

And then he can be embittered and become post-Flashpoint Reverse Flash after betraying Barry in some way.

Maybe this season the villain will be Barry's CSI mentor. Barry can't find the killer's identity because he was never taught how!

Terrendos wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Maybe this season the villain will be Barry's CSI mentor. Barry can't find the killer's identity because he was never taught how he's the real killer!

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Season 3 villain will be his mom who he can't beat so he goes back in time to stop himself from saving her.

steam_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    If we don't get Thomas Wayne shooting criminals up season 3 is over before it starts.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or was the last part of the finale the stupidest thing?
    Barry, you want to have a living parent, I get that completely, but since you're well aware of the dangers of paradox and interfering in your own timeline, if you want to travel far back, why not just go to Earth-2 and prevent Zolomon from becoming Zoom, thus saving thousands of lives in addition to your father's?

Barry is an idiot.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Barry, you want to have a living parent, I get that completely, but since you're well aware of the dangers of paradox and interfering in your own timeline, if you want to travel far back, why not just go to Earth-2 and prevent Zolomon from becoming Zoom, thus saving thousands of lives in addition to your father's?

The easy explanation is he had a mental breakdown. Hed just come to terms with his life and it was upended.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Barry is an idiot.

Or more accurately, Barry thinks with his emotions and usually stops his thinking process there. He acts before ever wondering about the consequences.

This is one aspect of his personality the show has on point. Barry breaking space, time, or the multi-verse is just another Tuesday for him. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Well, there's that and all the stuff they need to do so the episode is longer than 2 minutes. But combined and he's an idiot from all angles. Hopefully they cut down some of it.

Barry is literally the last person that really should wield as much power as he does.

Half the time, his inability to think past the immediate decision ends up with him misusing his powers to everyone elses suffering.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    You just need an optimistic character who's better able to handle angst. He's already the former, but bad writing kept him from being the latter. Ideally you'd get something like the better Spiderman stories, where the guy goes through some shit but remains your friendly neighborhood Spiderman and isn't awash in the angst of unintended consequences.

The easy explanation is he had a mental breakdown. Hed just come to terms with his life and it was upended.

And he's an idiot. I swear, this season he was dropping IQ points every episode or two.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    An interesting season would be barry all of a sudden having a jump in power, and wells going ".... how far did you jump. WHAT DID YOU CHANGE" and the entire season is the team trying to make barry change it back. Of course by end of the season they do it. But that would negate an entire season of television and people would be super pissed(in before can we go back and prevent season 2?). I guess it would work better as an episode but they basically have done this a few times already from barrys perspective, I'd like to see it from the teams perspective.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited July 2016
    Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I wonder if the speed force can make him not feel like a boring tag-along.

not really the actors fault the writing has just made everything with him so far feel either forced or trivial.

steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm sure the costume has to fit the comic, but those two colors do not gel well with me, the red seems to really just slam into the yellow with no fluidness between the top and the bottom.

Also Kid flash is terrible.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm sure the costume has to fit the comic, but those two colors do not gel well with me, the red seems to really just slam into the yellow with no fluidness between the top and the bottom.

He wasn't bad in Young Justice.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

He wasn't bad in Young Justice.

I'm sure elsewhere he's not bad, but so far on the flash his character has been awful, I doubt he'll suddenly get better as a flash.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Kid Flash is THE Flash as far as i'm concerned, i grew up when Wally was main in the comics and with DCAU Justice League.

• lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    It would also help if I could tell if this Wally is 16 or 26. Bad age casting (as is normal) and half-assed story telling make it difficult to tell week to week.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    It would also help if I could tell if this Wally is 16 or 26. Bad age casting (as is normal) and half-assed story telling make it difficult to tell week to week.

It would seem he's a 26 year old that mostly acts like a 16 year old.

Which isn't really a character I find engaging. But he was also introduced in the season where Barry became the dumbest man to ever access the speed force so maybe next season will fix this.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Isn't he supposed to be like, 18 or so? He's applying for colleges, isn't he?

Delmain wrote: »

It would make sense if he was trying to get into a grad program. That would fix some of this. Either way, he's out of Kid Flash age range. Of course, so was Wally in Young Justice.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It never ever occurred to me that Flash from the Justice League cartoon and Wally from the CW show are different takes on the same dude. Wow.

camo_sig2.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Well, going off timelines,

Iris is ~27 and was young enough to remember her mom, but not well, when she left. Wally was born ~8 months later, making him around 3-5 years younger than Iris, thereabouts.

Wally's age is in a constant quantum state.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I always assumed after graduating from high school Wally didn't go to collage cause he had to pay for his mom's medical bills and instead street raced for money. After his mom died and Iris got hurt being around one of his races he realized he needed a real job so he went back to school.

steam_sig.png
    And I fell asleep almost just reading that about him.

Maybe they'll bring Jesse back too and she won't suck and balance it out?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The problem isn't Wally, it's the writers just like the problem isn't Caitlin.

Basically they have some phenomenal actors that can make even horrible writing "work". With Joe, Harry, and Barry they can write whatever and the actors can bring it back up to acceptable (mostly). Wally wasn't given much and was made to gin up stupid CW conflict a few times so that burned up some good will that he didn't have yet.

I'm hopeful that character can be made to work fine. The question is if we're going to get the writing that doesn't suck next season to make it happen.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

It would make sense if he was trying to get into a grad program. That would fix some of this. Either way, he's out of Kid Flash age range. Of course, so was Wally in Young Justice.

Wally on Young Justice was too old? He was probably 16 in the first season.

LostNinja wrote: »

Sorry, I was more thinking of Season 2. I know there was a time gap, so I'm probably kind of mixing the two seasons.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

He was definitely 16.

I think this Wally has a lot of potential, they just need a way to hook him into the main story without hitting cliche's like "now-experienced hero has to reign in reckless sidekick," or "I hate you dad," and other such schlock. And I'm hopeful they can pull it off- after all, Iris was definitely better this season than the first.

Mancingtom wrote: »

He was definitely 16.

I think this Wally has a lot of potential, they just need a way to hook him into the main story without hitting cliche's like "now-experienced hero has to reign in reckless sidekick," or "I hate you dad," and other such schlock. And I'm hopeful they can pull it off- after all, Iris was definitely better this season than the first.

He and Jesse seems to be treading water 99% of the time, hopefully this improves next season.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

He was definitely 16.

He and Jesse seems to be treading water 99% of the time, hopefully this improves next season.

Well, unless he's somehow slower than Barry he should be able to run on water now.

steam_sig.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

He was definitely 16.

Well, unless he's somehow slower than Barry he should be able to run on water now.
    No one's slower than the slowest speedster alive.

This discussion has been closed.