As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, May 11, 2015 - A Recognized Phenomenon

2»

• Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    They've done this story before though. But not the comic.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I read those colour changes as indicating early morning or late evening, so things aren't clear and the lack of light means only some things which have more light shining on them have their natural colours while the others are darker.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Do you see Gabe's sleeve as blue and black or white and gold?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure I understand the point of that question considering the whole thing I just said about available light changing colours.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Maybe it's a hypercolor shirt. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I find the sort of Nerd Indoctrination that I see out of a lot of new parents in my generation just as frustrating and grating as the parents who put their kids in sports
    jerseys or whatever.

Your four old daughter doesn't care about Star Wars, she cares that Daddy wants to play with her. It could be a cardboard box for all she cares. Daddy is venting frustration that no one played lightsabers with him.

I'm trying my best to let my daughter choose what she's interested in and support her in that. I make a lot of mistakes, certainly, but I'm sure as hell not going to push Marvel movies on her just because I love them.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I'm somewhat with Ceno on this one. I mean, I love Star Wars and I'm sure it would be great to have kids that were into it too, but I can't help but roll my eyes a bit whenever a friend makes a big production on Facebook about how they are about to introduce their kid to Star Wars.

Yes, yes, let's provide live updates about their reactions during all the pivotal moments. To kill time in between, we can make amusing comments about how there are really only three Star Wars movies. Just like there are only three Indiana Jones movies, but we can save that for when the kids get introduced to Indy! ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    moyshirowmoyshirow Registered User new member
    Having a 4-year-old son not liking StarWars. This comic strip affected me in ways that you have no idea.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    What happened to Gabe's freckles?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    AntonNUL wrote: »
    [...] people's hands don't just change colour. [...]

Actually ...

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think someone brought a magnet too close to parts of this comic.