As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are you looking forward to at PAX Prime 2015?

2»

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    qwhacker wrote: »
    I know there was a Steel Batallion thing set up a couple years ago..... I'd be the happiest person in Seattle if that was there again (unlikely, I know)

That seems to be an East thing now. Its been there the last few years, although not in full campaign mode.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    qwhacker wrote: »
    I know there was a Steel Batallion thing set up a couple years ago..... I'd be the happiest person in Seattle if that was there again (unlikely, I know)

That seems to be an East thing now. Its been there the last few years, although not in full campaign mode.

It was at South too.

• Options
    KoheiKohei Registered User regular
    Most excited for the indie booths

• Options
    AaronElWhiteAaronElWhite WARegistered User regular
    Now we can officially be excited for Fallout 4!

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm excited for that

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I think I may actually wait in line for Fallout 4. And I simply don't do that...

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    That and Bethesda arguably throws the BEST parties of all the big studios.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Does anyone here know the history of how Bethesda parties are handled? Are there eventbrite ticket sales, or is it one of those "show up as early as humanly possible" deals? Is there a certain channel where they usually release info through before anywhere else?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Does anyone here know the history of how Bethesda parties are handled? Are there eventbrite ticket sales, or is it one of those "show up as early as humanly possible" deals? Is there a certain channel where they usually release info through before anywhere else?
    The one I went to, quite awhile back, booth staff handed out tickets.

• Options

I know at East it's a 'Show up as early as possible' deal. I'd imagine Prime would be the same.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    That Evil Within party last was awful unless you were one of the first to show up many hours early or an e-celeb who was offered 'VIP access'. I waited 4+ hours in line getting accosted by homeless people, some too tweaked out to realise they were bothering the same people over and over again, just to show up to a party that was out of booze and swag and full of tired actors who had been doing the same schtick for hours. Looking at the related hashtag on twitter to see if anyone was complaining online, I just saw Jessica Chobot and others bragging about being let it without having to wait in line. I missed the Giant Bomb panel for nothing, and the game turned out to be lame as well. It was honestly the worst pax experience I have had.

That said the Dishonored party in 2012 was amazing. So Bethesda just needs to throw one of those again.

• Options
    That Evil Within party last was awful unless you were one of the first to show up many hours early or an e-celeb who was offered 'VIP access'. I waited 4+ hours in line getting accosted by homeless people, some too tweaked out to realise they were bothering the same people over and over again, just to show up to a party that was out of booze and swag and full of tired actors who had been doing the same schtick for hours. Looking at the related hashtag on twitter to see if anyone was complaining online, I just saw Jessica Chobot and others bragging about being let it without having to wait in line. I missed the Giant Bomb panel for nothing, and the game turned out to be lame as well. It was honestly the worst pax experience I have had.

That said the Dishonored party in 2012 was amazing. So Bethesda just needs to throw one of those again.

Fair enough...I know East-wise, their parties have been pretty rad. Good to know!

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    I'm most excited for the Nintendo booth and trying out their new games. Also attending the concerts at night!

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    I'm most excited for the Nintendo booth and trying out their new games.
    I'm hoping Nintendo has some exclusive Splatoon stuff at their booth, even if the game has already released. I've been really getting into it and I was stupid and missed out on the swag at PAX East >.>

Also hoping that they announce some crazy unexpected things for WiiU at the E3 next week. And that we get the first shot at demoing them 8-)

• Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    SanDogWeps wrote: »
    I think I may actually wait in line for Fallout 4. And I simply don't do that...

Have you been to PAX? Waiting in line cannot be avoided.

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    zwitterion wrote: »
    SanDogWeps wrote: »

Have you been to PAX? Waiting in line cannot be avoided.

I could be wrong, but I think he meant waiting in line for an "A-list" game. Which I simply do not do anymore either.

• Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    I'm most excited for the Nintendo booth and trying out their new games.
    I'm hoping Nintendo has some exclusive Splatoon stuff at their booth, even if the game has already released. I've been really getting into it and I was stupid and missed out on the swag at PAX East >.>

Also hoping that they announce some crazy unexpected things for WiiU at the E3 next week. And that we get the first shot at demoing them 8-)

Same here, their booths are always chaotic but I love the small stuff they give out. I saw at East they gave Splatoon pins out and I really want one of those! They may show it off anyway since in August they'll be releasing a bunch of new content for the game.

• Options
    MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    In no particular order:
    - Buttoneering (hopefully will put together something more identifiable for button exchanges)
    - swimming at the hotel
    - Indie booths!
    - try harder at exhibition booths, even if the wait seems long
    - get a cookie and donate to Cookie Brigade

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Sadly, the 4 nights of baby-free sleep. It's gonna be glorious.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    VolkatVolkat SANVERS WARRIOR T-town, WARegistered User regular
    My wife will be in the states DURING PAX finally, so I'm stoked to bring her to her first one. Also looking forward to:

-Demos
    -Street pass
    -The Bethesda booth and party
    -The wife's first cosplay
    -Buttoneering! (which I hope a thread for this year's exchange is up soon)

SOON.
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I know one in my group is really looking forward to attending the Dungeons and Dragons game if it happens again this year (any tips on ensuring a seat would be welcome!)

Personally I'm looking forward to the demos, merch, and after parties. Some of the coolest experiences I had at South came from the after parties I attended.

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I know one in my group is really looking forward to attending the Dungeons and Dragons game if it happens again this year (any tips on ensuring a seat would be welcome!)

Get in line early. Really early.

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Well, after that Bethesda showcase at E3...
    FALLOUT 4!
    I didn't know I could get even more excited for it! :D

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    DashD wrote: »

Alternately, there is traditionally a theater that streams some of the big panels. Last year they were streaming most of the main theater stuff in the Paramount Theater. There were tons of seats available, but the sound wasn't that great.

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Alternately, there is traditionally a theater that streams some of the big panels. Last year they were streaming most of the main theater stuff in the Paramount Theater. There were tons of seats available, but the sound wasn't that great.

Thanks guys! I figure it's one of the bigger events at PAX so line camping is likely a must but it's awesome to know that there's a nice backup option if it falls through.

• Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    Hang out with my sister all weekend and playing games.
    Meet new friends
    Visiting Seattle include alcohol tour on Industrial District.
    See and meeting some of my favorite game creators. I meet Tim Schafer at PAX East 2013 and Christine Love earlier this year.

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    PerestroikaPerestroika Registered User regular
    BETHESDOG.

It's just me, a block of dirt, and a cavern full of danger.
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '12, '13, '14
    Prime 2015 Cosplay: Hilda, Female Sunset City Hero, Squirtle Squad url="http://www.facebook.com/steleus"]X[/url
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Thanks guys! I figure it's one of the bigger events at PAX so line camping is likely a must but it's awesome to know that there's a nice backup option if it falls through.

Worst case, you should be able to catch it on the stream archive or on the D&D Youtube after PAX. But you're right, it's quite popular and it's much, much better live.

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Sadly, the 4 nights of baby-free sleep. It's gonna be glorious.

No shame in that. At ALL.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    DJofSpartaDJofSparta Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    This will be my first established PAX, as the previous ones I went to were PAX East 2010 and PAX South this year. So I don't know what to expect. Mostly looking forward to:
    • Hanging out with my brother in Seattle and playing some games
    • Meeting up with online friends, many for the very first time
    • Bethesda everything
    • Great booths and panels
    • Seeing all the cosplay

tftejEz.png