As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[pbp] Dead of Winter - Raiding party is over!

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    If someone gets bit by a zombie and doesn't turn, does that mean they're a Cylon?

Yes, but it also advances the doom track.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    So how do we run the mechanic where the player next to you interrupts your turn if you trigger a crossroad condition?

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    So how do we run the mechanic where the player next to you interrupts your turn if you trigger a crossroad condition?
    That's exactly the thing I was going to discuss. :) As a crossroad card does not require any decisions from the player holding it, I'm going to do the following:
    If trigger condition is fulfilled at the begining of a player's turn, I'll play the card myself.
    If not, I'll send the card to player next to active, whoever of us notices the trigger condition, plays the card. It will speed up the things.

If applying the card will significantly affect the rest of player's actions, I'll rewind that portion of turn and let him rethink. Hope it will not happen often.
    Thoughts?

Another thing is action dice. All players roll them at the begining of a round. To speed things up, I could roll all of them. If anyone wishes to roll dice himself, let me know

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Minion roll 1d6#3

1d6#3 5 [1d6=5] # 3 3 3 3 3

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    edited May 2015
    Mmm I forgot tthe syntax, I'll get the other two rolls now

Minion roll 2#1d6

Okay, so that is 5, 6, 3

2#1d6 2 # 6 [1d6=6] 3 [1d6=3]

Mikey CTS on
    Ok, the setup is almost finished. I've updated the starting post will current game state. The first player will be JPants, thanks to Gabriel Diaz, Fireman
    I'll finish with the board image soon, and we start the first round tomorrow.

I chose the farmer and the stunt dog.

Hopefully we can find Sparky a rifle to shoot the zombies with.

Geth roll 3#1d6

3#1d6 3 # 5 [1d6=5] 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1]

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    That's exactly the thing I was going to discuss. :) As a crossroad card does not require any decisions from the player holding it, I'm going to do the following:
    If trigger condition is fulfilled at the begining of a player's turn, I'll play the card myself.
    If not, I'll send the card to player next to active, whoever of us notices the trigger condition, plays the card. It will speed up the things.

If applying the card will significantly affect the rest of player's actions, I'll rewind that portion of turn and let him rethink. Hope it will not happen often.
    Thoughts?

I'm curious to see how this works out in PbP, honestly, because new information gets revealed quite frequently.

I think you might just be better off managing the Crossroads deck on your end, but I'm just an interested observer, so you guys figure out what works for you.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Geth roll 3#1d6

3#1d6 3 # 4 [1d6=4] 4 [1d6=4] 6 [1d6=6]

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 3#1d6

3#1d6 3 # 4 [1d6=4] 2 [1d6=2] 1 [1d6=1]

edited May 2015

Thoughts?

Maybe PM the card to everyone EXCEPT the current player and then whoever notices the trigger first (including the host) posts it, saving the most time. Everyone would just have to be on the honor system not to inform the current player ahead of time.

MrBody on
    edited May 2015
    geth roll 3#1d6

I'm fine with host rolling action dice

Oh up yours, geth. Figures you would want to see humanity wiped out.

3#1d6 3 # 1 [1d6=1] 1 [1d6=1] 6 [1d6=6]

MrBody on
    I picked a survivor that draws and keeps an extra card when searching the police station, and one who copies the ability of any survivors in his space. I figure camp them both on the police station to deplete its item deck as fast as possible and then we're halfway to fulfilling the main objective.

Nice, with my farmer we could do the same to the grocery store.

I kept Edward who can use medicine to kill up to three zombies in one attack. And Olivia who can heal a wound on survivors in her location.

Seemed like decent synergy between the two.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    My fortune teller can help us control the crisis cards. That seems like a pretty sweet ability.

edited May 2015
    (blurp)

MrBody on
    Maybe PM the card to everyone EXCEPT the current player and then whoever notices the trigger first (including the host) posts it, saving the most time. Everyone would just have to be on the honor system not to inform the current player ahead of time.
    Nah, I do not want to give too much information to players. If one sees that a card for his survivor is out, he could feel more comfortable, for example. :)
    Let's see how my approach works, then make corrections if needed.

One more thing. Items are marked with locations where they belong, technicaly playes may try to track this down and analyze who find what where and did he tell the truth about it. However, I'm not going to handle this, it requires a lot of slicing, dicing and managing pictures. So, if someone posts an image marked Starting Item, it does not necessary means that he had this from the start.
    Let me know if you think that it ruines the game.

Board
    kzkvaphasf84.png

edited May 2015
    And we start!

November 13th
    Winter will be upon us before we know it, and we don’t want to be here when it arrives. The town doesn’t seem to have been looted much – they must have been hit hard. We’ll set up a camp here, then hunker down and see what we can find. We’ll need to move quickly, and not just because of the weather. The dead seem to have caught wind of our presence, and we see more and more each day. If we lose people or waste supplies fighting those freaks off, then this whole raid will be for nothing. Our primary target for the search is fuel, but personally I’m hoping medical supplies are abundant. If I don’t get this bite treated soon, someone’s going to notice. Already I’ve got a light fever that won’t go away, and once I start to sweat I just can’t stop. All I need is some antibiotics or something. I just know it. There’s no way I’m going out like those other fools. I won’t let it happen.

Your crisis for today is:
    g1ul22o0fv0v.png

Daemonis on
    Action rolls

Void Slayer: 5 3 1
    MrBody: 6 1 1
    El Skid: 4 2 1
    Mikey CTS: 6 5 3
    JPants: 6 4 4

@JPants, it's your turn.

Can status sheets of the survivors be posted? Also useful for knowing the special ability, fight/search stats, and wounds of everyone.

Not sure how good everyone is at zombie killing to know if we can afford the crises going off.

Can status sheets of the survivors be posted? Also useful for knowing the special ability, fight/search stats, and wounds of everyone.

Not sure how good everyone is at zombie killing to know if we can afford the crises going off.
    It's all in the start post.

That 12 is 2.5 turns worth of zombies all at once. It is bad times.

Since we are not around a table turn order is rather important, was it posted further up?

I was hoping to use fuel to get people out to the places with minimal casualties but...

12 exposures to kill zombies vs 5 exposures worth of fuel.

No real contest here, we gotta go for it.

Turn order is set by intital rolls - see the starting post.
    JPants
    Void Slayer
    El Skid
    MrBody
    Mikey CST

Note, that the first player token is moved in the opposite direction. I.e. next first player is Mikey CST

One more thing. Items are marked with locations where they belong, technicaly playes may try to track this down and analyze who find what where and did he tell the truth about it. However, I'm not going to handle this, it requires a lot of slicing, dicing and managing pictures. So, if someone posts an image marked Starting Item, it does not necessary means that he had this from the start.
    Let me know if you think that it ruines the game.

This is going to be fairly important, I think. If you could maybe do the locations in text below that would be super helpful...

Only the traitor would try to cover up card locations.

Call for immediate vote to exile Daemonis.

I'm on the zombies side that's true :), but you cannot exile me as I'm everywhere.
    But I'll try to do something for location marks.

Can we discuss exact amounts we can contribute to the crises? Or are BSG vague rules in effect?

So our priorities this round are food and fuel. We can't let this crisis happen. 12 zombies is basically game over, so we need to get folks down to the gas station and police station.

I can help with food, for sure. I have a cook, so can contribute 2 food a turn with the right rolls. I plan on the lawyer being out searching/fighting for most of the game and using up my other rolls... Gas station/police station should be okay, though Im not familiar with the game...will we get enough food with only those locations?

Can we discuss exact amounts we can contribute to the crises? Or are BSG vague rules in effect?
    Well, as far as I see, rules do not restrict that, so yes, you can. There is not much variety in card power anyway.

edited May 2015
    Those are the locations we're most likely to find fuel and other things we may need (weapons, etc.).

We are more likely to find food at the Grocery Store. Whoever has the farmer should absolutely send him there to start, well, farming for food. We also have pretty good odds of finding food at the School, but most of the rest of the items you find at there are butts.

Mikey CTS on
    El Skid wrote: »
    I can help with food, for sure. I have a cook, so can contribute 2 food a turn with the right rolls. I plan on the lawyer being out searching/fighting for most of the game and using up my other rolls... Gas station/police station should be okay, though Im not familiar with the game...will we get enough food with only those locations?
    Symbols at the top right corner of a location card show which cards are more probable here.

edited May 2015
    I have 1fuel that I could contribute to the crises, but honestly I'm more inclined to save it to prevent an exposure roll on my police dispatcher. The way I see it, the survivors who can draw 2 cards per search are the most valuable given our main objective. If we absolutely need it to solve the crises I'll throw it in, but if others could cover it that would be better. Keep in mind the dispatcher is practically twice as valuable as anyone else for emptying a location.

I'm not sure how worth it it is to create noise for more card draws, especially since we have to stay in the same spot and can't really bounce around to different locations.

MrBody on
    1 noise is basically a half of a zombie :)

@DAEMONIS John Price has the wrong description in the original post