As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm expecting to see medallion prices go even higher for a short while here. I have 23 of them. It's gonna be a good time.

Huh, I should've held onto mine rather than selling them off ASAP. Oh well!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Well, I held on to mine because I was gonna use them, but then it became obvious they were far more valuable as gold game time. So I started farming them on purpose every day I was on. Realm hopping is super awesome for things like this.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Yeah, I stopped going for those 4 Tanaan bosses once I got all three mounts off of them. I probably won't see another one of those medallions again since I have so little need to be in Tanaan anymore.

• Options
    My daily run is pretty straight forward.

Login at 4:00am, do all jungle dailies on main. In this process I almost always get at least 2 of the big 4 down. Can take 30 minutes at most.
    Do this again with my Druid. Boss rares are hit or miss at this point. Servers are a ghost town every single morning.

All this takes about an hour, and then I log off and do my daily routines. Once I log back in for playtime later on the evening, I hop around hunting the rares for about 30 minutes on two toons, and then I can either raid, do alts, etc etc.

It's basically a list of fucking chores at this point and that really sucks but I have narrowed the time down so that it's not that bad and when I "play WoW" I can do other more fun things.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I just bring my 100's to Tanaan, park them at the four spawns, then open up Group Finder and type in the rare's name. I have an addon that auto-refreshes the search until it finds a hit, then I join and kill.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'll be going back into Tanaan to finish up Exalted on my main and Revered on alts, but not until the flying is active. 50% of the time you spend doing tanaan dailies is spent walking around.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm not even sure which 4 bosses you guys are talking about. I'm 1-2 days away from Revered on Saberstalkers, then I'm done reps until I get the remaining 25 treasures for Flying.

Got my ring last night, so I can officially set my fucking Shipyard on fire. Fuck. Yes!

Mugsley on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'm not even sure which 4 bosses you guys are talking about. I'm 1-2 days away from Revered on Saberstalkers, then I'm done reps until I get the remaining 25 treasures for Flying.

Got my ring last night, so I can officially set my fucking Shipyard on fire. Fuck. Yes!

Doomroller, Deathtalon, Terrorfist, Vengeance.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Mythic Kilrogg is done, now we begin the wall that is Gorefiend. This fight looks fuuuuucked.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Just the two 'daily quest' reps left for flying for me, about 6k remaining each. That's what, about a week's worth, ballpark?

• Options
    Oops, failed a 90% legendary naval mission and lost both boats. Still hasn't repopped.

It's like Blizzard heard how tedious Garrison missions are once you've geared/leveled all your followers and decided the solution was to randomly kill off these much more limited followers so you have to waste more resources and time to get back to your former position and luck can kick you back down again at any time.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Oops, failed a 90% legendary naval mission and lost both boats. Still hasn't repopped.

It's like Blizzard heard how tedious Garrison missions are once you've geared/leveled all your followers and decided the solution was to randomly kill off these much more limited followers so you have to waste more resources and time to get back to your former position and luck can kick you back down again at any time.

"Hey you know how people love time locked raiding stuff? Let's time lock it, and make it more random so they have to stay subbed longer!"

I feel like WoW is a game between Blizzard and us to see how long they can keep us "interested."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    I feel like WoW is a game between Blizzard and us to see how long they can keep us "interested."

I mean.... you don't have to squint TOO hard to say that's what it's always been. It's literally the business model.

However, the definition of 'interested' and the means by which they get there are getting interesting, yes.

• Options
    So a friend from my last guild, one of the good ones who split off after the Event, informed me his guild was seeking a DPS DK for Heroic HFC as they work on getting people geared for Mythic. I said I'd think about it but I wanted to get to know the guild a bit before doing an official trial, especially since my gear is Heroic BRF and they're working on Heroic Archimonde. They do off-day raids though, and last night my friend (who is the raid leader) wanted to know if I'd like to join them for a guild Mythic BRF run. So I did, got some new pieces, and had a blast downing every boss except Maidens, Furnace, and Black Forest Ham. We're extending the lockout for a week so we'll get them then.

Anyway, the guild was pretty impressed with my showing in BRF (I was not only out-DPS'ing a PUG DK 30-40 ilevels higher but outliving him too) so they invited me to raid Normal HFC tonight along with Heroic on Friday/Sat. So while I'm not exactly part of the core team just yet, I think I've got a good shot at doing so. There's even a goalpost for me to aim for, another UH DK (though I want to go DW Frost once I get another weapon) with legendary ring + Archi trinket doing twice my DPS, meaning I need to push myself to match or exceed them if possible.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I am okay if they want to go back to pandaria level difficulty on LFR but they then need to up the rewards to along the lines of what pandaria had for quality as well. Archimonde is way to hard for what he drops.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Why buy more than one at a time?

I'm hoarding them to resubscribe with them later. I'm letting my subscription lapse next month, and I have a feeling the price of WoW tokens is just going to get higher.

what's making you think that?

1) simple inflation

2) as more 'casual' players (who presumably have less gold) unsubscribe over the course of the expansion, supply of tokens will decrease

although that being said, I think you'll probably see the price drop precipitously when 7.0 hits, at least temporarily

I also expect in the month leading up to the next expansions release the cost of those tokens is going to nosedive at least for a while.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    We killed heroic tyrant last night and got manneroth down to 13% on ....third attempt? I think we got this.

• Options
    Mannoroth kind feels like a freebie on both normal and heroic after the stonewall that is Xhul.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ugh, it was a good run, but I can't say I'm looking forward to never setting foot outside my Garrison again after tomorrow.

Freaking PvP.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    And as the servers go down, the mice come out to play.....

• Options
    Happy flying day, folks. I'm sure the official forums will now consist entirely of sunshine and rainbows.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm extraordinarily happy that I chose to stop playing on pvp servers when I did.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    I'm extraordinarily happy that I chose to stop playing on pvp servers when I did.

The last time I played on a PVP server was with my shadow priest during WotLK. I actually only had a few instances where I got ambushed while questing, but they were enough for me to be open to moving to a PVE realm. After I joined my current guild with a fresh mage on a PVE server, I transferred my priest over and never looked back. Actually, I never really touched my priest again either. He's still sitting in Ironforge at level 80.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Just the two 'daily quest' reps left for flying for me, about 6k remaining each. That's what, about a week's worth, ballpark?

Depends which ones you need. The order of the awakened is aprox 1800 rep a day if you have level 3 trade post so thats like 4 days or so and the cat one is I think around 4kish for the weekly and then you can get a group doing them to grind the elite ones for rep to polish off in a day easy.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Happy flying day, folks. I'm sure the official forums will now consist entirely of sunshine and rainbows.

I could of ground out rep with those saber guys to fly around in the same content I've already done to death for months. It should have already been in, and certainly isn't enough content on it's own to warrant continued subscription until legion. For me anyway.

I think that will be the core of the discussion going forward. It seems to me by how happy they are with how flying has worked out that they hope it'll be an end of expansion bridge tactic.

• Options
    The WoW forums will always have the store mounts to fall back on when they need to complain about things. So no lack of content there. ;)

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    The WoW forums will always have the store mounts to fall back on when they need to complain about things. So no lack of content there. ;)
    Weeeelll, there are some justified criticisms of the current store mount system, but yeah, it's better not opening that can of worms.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'd totally be okay with it if they got rid of the concept of PvP servers and just made different phases of the world for if you're PvP flagged. So if you just want to quest for a day, you can opt out without having to pay $20 each time. Maybe toss in some world PvP objectives in zones you can only see or interact with if you're flagged.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they didn't go a little further with the gold:cash exchange and develop an ingame currency like the Gems in GW2. Trade gold for Blizzbux, then use Blizzbux to buy gametime, store mounts, store pets, character transfers, anything.

Just require that someone actually be selling the Blizzbux and I see nothing but increased revenue. How many people would love to race change or name change their character for a few thousand gold?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Weeeelll, there are some justified criticisms of the current store mount system, but yeah, it's better not opening that can of worms.

Such as a good few of the store mounts this expansion clearly being things that should have been on reputation vendors? "Whoo! I'm Exalted with the Arakkoa now. I bet I get a cool bird like the ones they fly me around with on flight... paths... a talbuk?" "Okay! These Laughing Skull Orcs clearly use the silithid looking bugs for mounts, we're exalted after all that work let's see which colors we can... A wolf?" "Alright! Tanaan Jungle, finally! Lots of reps, what do we got for mount optio-boarboarboarboarfuckingBOAR"

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Boo hiss so close to getting the saberstalkers to revered only 9 or so cats must die so I can fly

• Options
    Store mounts tend to be reskinned models anyway, which for $25 each is just unacceptable.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Store mounts tend to be reskinned models anyway, which for $25 each is just unacceptable.

That's the problem, because either they put a ton of effort into the store mounts and put those reskins on the reputation vendors (see: Arthil's post) or they do the opposite.

Hence, they should just cave and give us an avenue to buy shit from the store with gold.

• Options
    Use up 2 monthly tokens to buy one mount?

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I'm very much over the "new mount" thing.

• Options
    I will not rest until I get my gnome-powered palanquin.
    My FLYING gnome-powered palanquin.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Having cool and unique mounts was fun back when this game had a community, especially when there were shared capital cities for factions where you'd just hang around. Now no one ever sees each other while you're playing the garrison game.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Servers are up

• Options
    Arthil wrote: »

Such as a good few of the store mounts this expansion clearly being things that should have been on reputation vendors? "Whoo! I'm Exalted with the Arakkoa now. I bet I get a cool bird like the ones they fly me around with on flight... paths... a talbuk?" "Okay! These Laughing Skull Orcs clearly use the silithid looking bugs for mounts, we're exalted after all that work let's see which colors we can... A wolf?" "Alright! Tanaan Jungle, finally! Lots of reps, what do we got for mount optio-boarboarboarboarfuckingBOAR"

What a bore.

• Options
    Flew over to non-instanced Highmaul about an hour ago and, much to my surprise, all three rares were up. One was down to about 30%, so I assisted the hunter fighting him and then the two of us proceeded to kill the other rares. All three dropped 195 resources each, and I got a pet off one of them.

I was also surprised that none of my apps popped up as "out of date," although my TidyPlates addon appears to be borked.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm really excited to fly guys.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.