As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2015 [Webcomics] Census

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    q
    Seriously wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    is it just me or is bobkins particularly grouchy this evening

He has consumed the bacon wrapped pizza from Little Caesers
    That energy has to be used somehow

well

was it good

and where do you think we go next for food ideas

do we just replace the entire crust with bacon

stuff some cheese in there probably too (include bacon in the cheese)?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Introducing, from the far future of 31st century Earth... The Chupaqueso!

schlock20030906.png?1297712539
    those readers who have, against all reason, developed a hankering for a chupaqueso will be happy to know that it's possible to make one. You will need a good teflon skillet, a fairly sharp teflon spatula, some sharp cheddar, some fresh parmesan, and some Monterey Jack cheese.
    Grate about a half-cup of cheddar and a half-cup of jack.
    Heat the skillet, and spread the cheddar evenly in the pan. You should have an eight-inch diameter circle of grated cheese, with a little bit of pan showing through here and there.
    As the pan gets hotter the cheese will obviously melt. Then it will toast, and you'll get cheese-grease floating on top of melted cheddar, itself on top of a layer of crusty toasted cheddar.
    Start lifting around the edges with the spatula. You'll soon reach a point (you'll know, trust me) when the structural integrity of the crusty-toasty cheese allows you to flip the whole thing over.
    (Speaking of "over," this is often the point where you'll get frustrated and decide to start over.)
    After toasting side two for a moment, flip it again so the "smooth" side is down, and the recently toasted side is up.
    You now have a cheese shell sizzling in a puddle of cheese grease. It's still flexible, but much longer and it won't be, so you'll have to work fast. Add the Jack cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan, and then tri-fold the cheddar-shell around it.
    Slide it out of the pan onto your plate. It's called a "chupaqueso" either because you can suck (chupa) the cheese (queso) out of the middle as you crunch away, or because this cheese (queso) thing you made sucks (chupa).
    For added flavor you might try adding cooked-and-crumbled bacon with the jack and parmesan. In this case you'll end up with a chupaqueso con tocino, or, as it's often pronounced in my house, "chupaqueso con SWEET TRADER OF PORK BELLIES THERE'S BACON IN THIS THING chomp chomp AAARGH I BURNED MY MOUTH slurp gulp chomp."

For the record, it's much easier to make a chupaqueso by sliding your credit card into a Popso 2250 Autovend. Officially licensed Tacobufa Chupaquesos are seamless, oblong, cheese-crust shells around a patented six-cheese blend. For just a little more money the Bufador Mealy-Dealy gets you a drink and a large order of Monosfritos (made with freshly-picked monos, or so I've been told).

I've actually made one, they're pretty good even if you totally mess it up.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    162.jpg
    163.jpg
    164.jpg
    http://www.westerndeep.net/

Well, fuck, this just got a hell of a lot more interesting......

Backstory.
    The otter captain was held captive in the last major war with the cat people, so he might be sympathetic or may have witnessed some things the wolf men did.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    They already used that joke in turtles forever

man, it's been a while since I've seen it but I remember really liking turtles forever

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh right, also I asked a few questions about the current Gunnerkrigg Court story and how it was pretty rough reading Anthony being an abusive parent. Tom agreed, but it was always something Annie was going to have to face at some point and not to count her out, plus it should be rewarding for readers to find out what Tony's deal is as one of the comic's oldest mysteries.

...Forgot to ask about Steadman.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    F3E6TMm.jpg
    Rtj3Ptd.jpg
    www.atomic-robo.com
    In case it isn't obvious.
    2867907-2731807__spider_man_no_more.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    You can understand that comic in every language.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kate Beaton is Drunk
    a webcomic by Boulet

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It's cute that he cc's her.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    162.jpg
    163.jpg
    164.jpg
    http://www.westerndeep.net/

Well, fuck, this just got a hell of a lot more interesting......

Backstory.
    The otter captain was held captive in the last major war with the cat people, so he might be sympathetic or may have witnessed some things the wolf men did.

Cat people? Those dudes are the Ermehn (so, clearly Ermins I.E. Weasels) The cat people live to the east, they're the learned people of the world.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Wow it's a real song

Christ that's a dumb sounding song.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Suck on this stone, Cambiata.

Do it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So aside from Rock Cocks and For Better and For Worse, are there any other comic strips out there that had their fictional characters write a song and then actually recorded the song?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Questionable Content, maybe?

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    imo furries should stop killing each other

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Technically, if Jeph ever gets around to showing it, Marten's band have something like a whole album of instrumental tracks out. But they haven't been seen together in ages and were never actually shown to have completed a track, never mind recorded or played one for an audience.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Did Kris Straub ever do music for F Chords?

• Options
    Zay wrote: »

Furries have always killed each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcatXaUorbI

Furies will always kill each other. It is known.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Furries only know how to do 3 things, and only 3 things are necessary for the survival of the species:

1. Kill
    2. Fuck
    3. Eat

If they aren't killing each other they're fucking. If they aren't fucking each other they're starring in soft vore comics. And if they aren't doing any of these things then they aren't furries.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    i150523crankshaft.jpg
    Philosophical question for you: if you derive joy from seeing Crankshaft so emotionally devastated that he’s thrown a towel over his head so that nobody can see him sobbing uncontrollably, are you as bad as Crankshaft? Asking for a friend.

The Comics Curmudgeon

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So aside from Rock Cocks and For Better and For Worse, are there any other comic strips out there that had their fictional characters write a song and then actually recorded the song?

Somebody did the song that the band in Spider-Gwen wrote, but that's a comic book not a comic strip?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Furries only know how to do 3 things, and only 3 things are necessary for the survival of the species:

1. Kill
    2. Fuck
    3. Eat

If they aren't killing each other they're fucking. If they aren't fucking each other they're starring in soft vore comics. And if they aren't doing any of these things then they aren't furries.

Skyrim mods for all of that, except for acting in a story, which was the best quest in Morrowind.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Somebody did the song that the band in Spider-Gwen wrote, but that's a comic book not a comic strip?

the Spider-Gwen thing wasn't quite the same (it was better), as the song wasn't written/recorded in response to the comic - the band was in on it before the issue was released. Once the issue took off and the full series was announced, they actually made a full 3-song vinyl single as The Mary Janes, which was sold at the Spider-Gwen #1launch party (that they also performed at).

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

1. Kill
    2. Fuck
    3. Eat

you god damn racist

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    The best JJ comics are butt comics.

• Options
    To wit:

tumblr_lo4o1sMXpQ1qzlnwmo1_1280.png

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    There can only be Fur.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    dc20150525.png

• Options
    one tiny bit of credit for DC

I really didn't expect the shrink bombs to pop up again

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    this is relevant to my interests

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNKCPk1tl9Q

Record came with one of the collections.

EDIT:

I forgot, that was the B-Side

Here's the A-side
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUt-lDH85k

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Wow, I never knew that about Bloom County, and I used to read that strip religiously as a kid!

• Options
    This Memorial Day, enjoy Dangerously Chloe's Valentine's Day storyline.

Remember those who gave their lives in war by checking out someone's lovingly drawn shrunken-succubus-stuffed-into-another-succubus's cleavage fetish art.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    in fairness

the archime people are canadian

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Canada, home of Archime.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    dangerously chloe is worse than demon

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    let's not say things we can't take back

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Canada, home of Archime.

salut

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.