As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Best Burger in Town: Part Deux.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Grease is such a turn off.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Of course, "dry aged beef" is another way of saying "carefully allowed to rot".
    Then again, so is "cheese."
    Carry on.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    And honey is bee vomit. Let's go!

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I would eat that burger in a heart beat

I guess I'd kind of have to because I don't know if it would keep beating afterwards

no regrets

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    When in DC/VA I usually hit up here http://www.eatbigbuns.com/

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Went to a restaurant last night and got a "chorizo bratwurst", while my wife got a bacon cheeseburger. The bratwurst wasn't even slightly garlicky or paprika-ry. Immense food envy and now immense hunger for delicious burgers. Cheat day won't come around for another week though :(

Campy on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Finally had the Peter Luger burger after years of hearing about it. TBH I was disappointed. It was a bit oversalted for my taste. The texture is amazing, but I think the Black Label Burger from Minetta Tavern is similar in texture and beats Luger in taste (same supplier and maybe same meat blend?). I've had better burgers. But I have to go back and try it again. I refuse to believe that was a representative experience. Its a very simple burger, and I felt the cheese didnt add much. I heard later that they dont recommend cheese, which i think makes sense.

Also just had 5 guys for the first time in years. Really solid greasy burger with everything on it. Legit fuckin place especially considering the price and convenience. I can see why McDonalds is hurting with competition like this.

valiance on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Is it a camera artifact or is that thing like glazed or glistening with grease?

I'm thinking those are pretzel buns from La Briola bakery based out of Chicago, because I swear to god I order buns that look exactly the same as those. They actually do glisten like that, it looks like they are glazed over like a proper pretzel.

They also taste fucking amazing and I kind of take home a pack any time I make burgers at home.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    I can confirm that the enormous greasy burger from Emily in Brooklyn is indeed incredible. Maybe not $20 incredible, but I definitely don't regret getting one. The meat itself had this wonderful smoky barbecue flavor, plus the onions and melted cheddar made it really rich and savory. I usually like some lettuce and/or tomato to balance out the meat and grease, but this was a great BBQ-style burger. Plus Heartland/Kelso opened up a new taproom right around the corner in their brewery, which makes for a perfect afternoon.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I think the best burger I ever had was at the gordon ramsey's Burgrr in vegas. Its the only burger that had me going holy shit after the first bite as it was just that good. And for vegas the menue prices were not bad at all.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Not sure if you guys have had Frybread before. It is a Native American treat that is a dough fried in lard, traditionally, these days in veggie oil. Recipes vary but most good ones are a yeasty, baking soda, based bread so that it is crunchy and a bit salty/savory. It is, to me, a thicker (greasier) Naan style bread.

Well behold! One of the best burgers using this:

usa-burgers-arizona-frybread-dugi-jenkins.jpg

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2015
    Fry bread is the shit, Indian Tacos are awesome...

But I never made burg with it.

Hmmm... Might be time to dig out the old recipe.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    My current favourite burger is from Ben's Burgers in Fortitude Valley about 8 minutes walk from my family home. Every aspect of it is delicious and they are perfectly balanced. There is a choice of 3 burgers and no alterations but if you eat the classic, you'll not require any.aeaqvnzs5vhe.jpg

The fries are also great and the milkshakes are my equal favourite in Brisbane.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    If the town you happen to be in is Tuxtla Gutierrez in Mexico, well, you're shit out of luck in your travel plans, as my brother and I found out last summer. However, you can still get a great burger! There is a small burger joint called Hamburgueseria Curcuma, basically a garage with six tables and a kitchen in the back, and a two-page-long list of burgers. All home-made to order by a chef who comes out and chat when business is slow. Thick and juicy, with a ton of toppings, and served with a selection of salsa.

I had a beef patty, salami, and cheese:
    1538910_10153326470642856_7353437173120639487_n_zpsbg1zyjft.jpg

Our one regret was not splitting a peach-burger for desert after our burger dinner.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Okay, Cincinnati magazine just released their second list of the top burgers in the city. Some of them look interesting, but the burger from these guys...
    (I use yelp because apparently they don't have a website)
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/kruegers-tavern-Cincinnati

Looks amazing, and I will definitely try this place out when I get some extra money.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Matthew wrote: »
    Okay, Cincinnati magazine just released their second list of the top burgers in the city. Some of them look interesting, but the burger from these guys...
    (I use yelp because apparently they don't have a website)
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/kruegers-tavern-Cincinnati

Looks amazing, and I will definitely try this place out when I get some extra money.

I can vouch for Kruegers. No pictures though

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Um, according yelp, Kruegers does have a website?
    http://www.kruegerstavern.com/

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    anyone got any suggestions for Toronto? Best i've tried so far is Five Guys, and Burger's Priest (which is greasy and gross).

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    anyone got any suggestions for Toronto? Best i've tried so far is Five Guys, and Burger's Priest (which is greasy and gross).

I like Holy Chuck, but you might also fund their burgers greasy. Their (banana and Reese's pieces) milkshakes are great though.

• Options
    kilroydoskilroydos Registered User regular
    Oklahoma's best that I've had:

Nic's Grill, OKC - Onion Burger

The onions are fried into the meat while cooking.

p225.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

Ron's Hamburgers and Chili, Tulsa - Sausage Burger

Made with 50/50 ground beef and ground sausage.

o.jpg

Murphy's Steak House, Bartlesville - Hot Hamburger

Yes, there's a burger under the fries and gravy.

8069403070_bd89f8a647_b.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I had a lot of burgers in NYC this summer and I closed out with the Little Owl Burger which may have been the best of the lot:

really good quality meat (pat la frieda): juicy but a bit firmer and more well done than the typical medium-rare, a firm bun which kept its integrity in the face of tons of burger juice, delicious bacon and a great pickle plus cheddar cheese with solid onions/lettuce/tomatoes. It felt small compared to the burgers I've been getting but maybe that's just because it held together so well. A really structurally sound, simple bacon-cheeseburger made with high-quality ingredients.

for another (old)review see: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/01/the-little-owl-best-cheeseburger-west-village-nyc.html

valiance on
  • Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Um, according yelp, Kruegers does have a website?
    http://www.kruegerstavern.com/

Odd, I looked around on Google and couldn't find it. Ah well.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    http://www.bigorangeburger.com/

FarmersBurger-Turkey.jpg?format=500w

that's the Farmer's Burger, which is the only burger I eat there

yeah that's a fried egg and bacon on top of the burg

they also have rockin' shakes there

PimentoBurger.jpg?format=300w

they got this stuff too

a decent 2nd place in my town is

http://www.davidsburgers.com/

Orphane on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tumblr_nroyockw1u1rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

best burger in nyc right now is this one, from emily

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Burg pizza? Pizza burger!

KoYo5p3.jpg

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I would eat all four of those, won't lie.

but the only one that doesn't look like a trainwreck is the texas jack.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Ah, Nice to see this thread again. I don't know if I listed this place when this thread was current, but it's still my favorite burger place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/gaslight-café-cincinnati-4

The Gaslight cafe has a great burger called the Gaslight Burger, that tastes like the best grilled burger you can make. The fries are those crinkle cut things, but I forgive them for it. It's not fancy, in fact its a bar (with somewhat dim indoor lighting), but I love the place.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Vanguard wrote: »
    tumblr_nroyockw1u1rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

best burger in nyc right now is this one, from emily

The white label burger from (michelin star rated) ai fiori is my current NYC favorite. Its a spin on the (michelin star rated) minetta tavern black label burger which is also fantastic and only misses #1 because its been years since I had it:

UEtwOk2.jpg

valiance on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    How would you even eat the Au Dayer? You can't fit that thing into your mouth to take a bite, you'd have to surgically dismantle it bit by bit and then eat it.

Maybe I just don't understand burger culture. I've never sought verticality in my food.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    How would you even eat the Au Dayer? You can't fit that thing into your mouth to take a bite, you'd have to surgically dismantle it bit by bit and then eat it.

Maybe I just don't understand burger culture. I've never sought verticality in my food.

learn to love the burger

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

Compress sandwich, unhinge jaw. The only thing holding you back is you

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Compress sandwich, unhinge jaw. The only thing holding you back is you

Life finds a way. Live.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh. I finally got to try In-n-Out while in Vegas. I had it animal style.

v1F1hk3.png

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    @ElJeffe
    you gonna throw the cheese skirt out there and not post a picture?!

image_3177_2013_08_18_05_11_12.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    @ElJeffe

I want this in my veins

• Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    @ElJeffe

I want this in my veins

lucky for you, that's where most of that cheese skirt will end up!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The cheese skirt is amazing, not gonna lie.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Where the hell do i get one?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Where the hell do i get one?

The Squeeze Inn.

A friend of mine's dad founded it, actually. He didn't feel like franchising, so sold it to someone who was interested in doing so.

MOD EDIT: Time has moved on like a river and now the above website has been repurposed as a venue for people doing rumpy pumpy, so the link has been removed to prevent anyone from seeing such disgraceful things.

Bogart on