As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

convert pdf file

A-RodA-Rod Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Is there any way to convert a pdf file to a powerpoint? I need to really cut down the size of my lecture notes for my exam (its open book) and the lecture notes have only 2 slides per page. With about 10 lectures, and each one being about 25 pages long, its just way too much paper to print, and flip through.

Ive converted them to word doc, but its not quite as organized as i hoped it would be.

A-Rod on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm confused as to why you need to convert it to powerpoint. To reduce the number of pages (increase the number of slides per page) or to reduce the file size?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Edit**INCREASE the number of sliders per page. Usually lecture notes are in ppt format, and it makes it easy to either produce 6 slides or 9 per page. Its just easier to read and not as wasteful. So I wanted to know if its possible or not.

A-Rod on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Bump

So no way to do it?

A-Rod on
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You can print PDFs at more than 1 page per sheet from the printer settings.
    Generally, it's Print > Properties > Layout > Pages per sheet
    You may have to experiment with the landscape/potrait setting to get them the right way up.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Great! Its exactly what I needed, thanks for the tip.

A-Rod on