As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited February 2016 in Games and Technology
splatoon.jpg

Welcome to Splatoon, the 3rd person ink shooter, exclusive to the Wii U!

Game Modes!

At it's core, Splatoon is a shooter. Unlike most shooters though, kills aren't your primary objective. In most modes, enemy kills aren't the most important factor in winning. No, you'll be wanting to cover the map in your team's ink. At the end of the round, the ink coverage is tallied up and a winner declared.

Making things more interesting, you can change from a human form to a squid form. In human form, you can run and shoot...basically, what you'd expect from most shooters. With the touch of a button, you can morph into squid form and have access to a completely different set of abilities. While you can't shoot, you move extremely fast by swimming in your own ink. Hell, you can even swim up ink covered walls to gain access to new areas or launch surprise attacks from behind! More importantly, squid form is the only way to refill your ink ammo.

You'll need to balance swapping forms in order to be effective!

Single Player:

There is a short, single player campaign mode in Splatoon called Hero Mode. You'll need to talk to Cap'n Cuttlefish in order to access this mode. It consists of several levels spread out over a few worlds. You'll be going head to head against the evil Octarians. You can use this mode to get a feel for how the game works and experience the story. But you'll mostly be using this mode to prepare for the meat of the game in multiplayer mode.

This mode also offers unique mechanics and gameplay elements that you won't find in multiplayer. You'll only be able to use the Splattershot weapon unless you've got a Splatoon amiibo.

Multiplayer:

This is the main draw of the game. You'll find several different game modes here, but the biggest one will be Turf War. Judd the Cat, who lives in Inkopolis Plaza, will be the judge over all multiplayer matches.

Currently there are 5 maps available at launch. Every hour, 2 maps are featured in online play. They continue to alternate as you go.

Map Pool
  1. Arowana Mall - Water is underneath this stage, meaning you must be careful to avoid the water and dying. This is a tightly closed area so rollers are advised. Arowana Mall's total area is 2022p.
    sOAoxAR.png

2. Blackbelly Skatepark - Blackbelly Skatepark features two inversely symmetrical skateparks with large ramps and hills. It also include more widely open areas. Blackbelly Skatepark's total area is 1528p.
    latest?cb=20150507154659

3. Saltspray Rig - Saltspray Rig appears to be an ocean-based oil rig, with pipes, crates, and suspended platforms resting over a large body of water. It is shaped somewhat like a squid, with two Respawn Points leading into a series of pathways and drop-offs. Pathways stemming from each Respawn Point cannot be accessed by the other team, and branch off into smaller trails that lead to the Top Area and Bottom Area. Saltspray Rig's total area is 1900p.
    latest?cb=20150507153910

4. Urchin Underpass - Urchin Underpass features two identical sides that are shaped like large Ls. Urchin Underpass's total area is 2096p.
    latest?cb=20150507152651

5. Walleye Warehouse - Walleye Warehouse is a close-quarters stage, featuring a plethora of obstacles such as crates, boxes, and conveyor belts. Beginning from each team's Respawn Point on opposite sides of the symmetrical arena, narrow areas lead into the central battlefield. Multiple small, hidden pathways are also present on both sides of the stage. Walleye Warehouse's total area is 1600p.
    62tiHX4.jpg

Local Co-Op:

There is a 1v1 local, co-op mode called Battle Dojo. Two players battle it out to see who can destroy the most balloons before the time expires. One player uses the Wii U gamepad and the other a Pro Controller and the TV.

WiiU_Splatoon_charset_01.jpg

Weapons Galore!

In Splatoon your Inkling can equip lots of weapons and gear. The weapons are a primary, which come in three types, and a secondary. At this time, all equipment sets are set and can't be interchanged. This will probably change as the game's free DLC starts showing up.

Primary Weapons:

Each Inkling can arm themselves with one of three primary weapons. They are the Shooter, the Roller, and the Charger. A well-balanced team will feature at least one of each type of weapon.

Shooter

This is the standard weapon of the game. Basically a rapid fire, short range ink sprayer. It's a very all-around and versatile weapon.
  1. Splattershot - It is an all-around weapon in terms of power, range, and rate of fire, making it easy to use for players of all levels of experience, and it comes in a set with the Burst Bomb and Bomb Rush.
  2. Splattershot Jr. - It is ideal for covering large territories with ink quickly--it's low accuracy provides a wider spread of ink while moving, and its low damage means it uses less ink per shot, allowing for more shots per tank. It comes in a set with the Splat Bomb and Bubbler.
  3. Splattershot Pro - More powerful than the Splattershot, it is an all-around weapon in terms of power, range, and rate of fire, making it easy to use for players of all levels of experience. It comes in a set with the Splat Bomb and Inkstrike.
  4. Tentatek Splattershot - Similar to the Splattershot, it is an all-around weapon in terms of power, range, and rate of fire, making it easy to use for players of all levels of experience. It comes in a set with the Suction Bomb and Inkzooka.
  5. Aerospray MG - Aerospray MG is a shooter weapon that fires quick bursts, so it's user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets. It is in a set with the Seeker and the Inkzooka.
  6. Aerospray RG - Aerospray RG is a shooter weapon, that fires quick bursts, so it's user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets. It is in a set with the Ink Mine and the Inkstrike.
  7. Jet Squelcher - The Jet Squelcher is a Main Weapon with slow fire rate compared to the other Shooters but the largest firing range of all of them. It is in a set with the Splash Wall and the Inkstrike.
  8. 5.2 Gallon - Each shot uses a large amount of ink, so it packs a powerful punch. Since it has a low rate of fire, careful aiming is required in order to hit opponents. It is in a set with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike.
  9. .96 Gallon - Each shot uses a large amount of ink, so it packs a powerful punch. Since it has a low rate of fire, careful aiming is required in order to hit opponents. It is in a set with the Sprinkler and Echolocator.
  10. Blaster - It shoots special ink rounds that burst like fireworks after traveling a certain amount of distance. These bursts can deal damage in a wide area, making it great for exposing hidden foes. It is one of the most powerful Shooters in the game. It is a one-hit-kill but has a very slow firing rate. It is in a set with the Disruptor and Killer Wail.
  11. Rapid Blaster - The Rapid Blaster is a shooter that is similar to the Blaster but fires quicker and is heavier. It uses a laser effect when fired. It is in a set with the Ink Mine and Bubbler.

Roller

A huge paint brush. Rollers can cover large amounts of territory in ink quickly and allow you to destroy your opponents by running them over. Be careful though, you are a sitting target at range and can be slowed down by having shots fired at your feet.
  1. Splat Roller - It has the ability to ink the ground while on the move. The weapon can also fling ink at a medium-length range. If you roll into an enemy while using it, the enemy will be crushed. The roller also doesn't cover as much ink when making a u-turn. It comes with the Suction Bomb and Killer Wail.
  2. Dynamo Roller - Compared to the Splat Roller this roller is slower but covers a larger area while rolling and throwing Ink. It comes with the Sprinkler and Echolocator.
  3. Inkbrush - It is similar in ability to the Splat Roller, but covers a smaller area at a much higher speed. The Inkbrush can be used as a sort of melee weapon that splatters some ink in front of the Inkling. It will be released in a post-release update in the game. It comes in a set with the Sprinkler and the Inkstrike.

Chargers

The sniper rifles of the game. Long range, and deadly you can destroy your foes from a safe distance. In addition, your ink fires in straight lines which you and your team can use to advance to forward positions faster. The downside is that your weapon takes time to charge up to maximum effectiveness, so make sure to keep an eye out for close-up enemies.
  1. Splat Charger - Unlike most weapons, the Splat Charger can be charged. The more it is charged, the farther the ink will go. It also creates a thick line of ink, rather than a blob. This weapon is the most basic form of a Charger-type of weapon in Splatoon. It is in a set with the Splat Bomb and Bomb Rush.
  2. E-liter 3K - The E-liter 3K is a type of Splat Charger . It has a long charge but has a very impressive range, and can instantly take someone out. It is in a set with the Burst Bomb and Bubbler.
  3. Classic Squiffer - It is a type of the Splat Charger weapon but is faster with less range but higher attack power. It is in a set with the Splat Bomb and Bubbler.
  4. Splatterscope - This is one of the weapons that contains a scope. It is in a set with the Splat Bomb and Bubbler.

Secondary Weapons:

Here is a list of the secondary weapons in the game and a brief description of what they do.
  1. Splat Bomb - When thrown, a few seconds after deployment, it explodes and coats the area in its respective team's color.
  2. Sprinkler - When used, it continually sprays ink in a circular ring around itself, in a staggering motion, until its ink content is depleted. It can be thrown onto virtually any surface, including ones that are upside-down.
  3. Seeker - Upon deployment, Seekers chase after the closest enemy to them, leaving a trail of ink in their wake. Upon reaching the targeted enemy, they explode in a burst of ink.
  4. Suction Bomb - Suction Bombs can be thrown and are able to attach to virtually any surface, including walls and ceilings. After a short period of time, they explode in a burst of ink.
  5. Burst Bomb - Burst Bombs appear to be spherical balloons filled with ink that explode on contact. They use less ink than Splat Bombs, and therefore cause less damage.
  6. Ink Mine - The Ink Mine is placed on the floor directly under the inkling who placed it, invisible to the enemy team. It is triggered only by members of the opposing team, and will explode out ink if they get close to it, splattering enemies and other opposition within range.
  7. Point Sensor - Point Sensors are black, cube-like objects with purple protrusions. When thrown, they explode in a spherical purple cloud and tag any enemy Inkling in a certain range with a swirling squid marker. This marker allows tagged enemies to be seen through barriers by all teammates, allowing them to be easily tracked.
  8. Squid Beacon - After placed by an Inkling, other inklings will be able to Super Jump to the Beacon.
  9. Splash Wall - The Splash Wall forms a temporary barrier of falling ink, preventing enemy fire from passing through. Opponents will instantly die if they attempt to walk through the Splash Wall, but the player who spawned the item's teammates will be able to with no effect. These players will also be able to shoot through the wall.
  10. Disruptor - It does not deal damage, but instead will lower the speed and abilities of rival squid.

Special Weapons:

Special Weapons are a powered up ability that you get after covering area in ink. There is a charge meter in the upper right part of the screen, that when full, will give you access to your weapon. Use the R button to unleash your fury!
  1. Bubbler - For a short period of time, the Bubbler will rebound all attacks from opponents. If one player touches another player with the Bubbler equipped, it will temporarily be spread to that player as well.
  2. Inkzooka - When the Inkzooka is fully charged, you are able to shoot just about as many lines of ink pillars as you want within roughly an eight second time period.
  3. Bomb Rush - The Bomb Rush lets the player unleash a barrage of proximity bombs.
  4. Killer Wail - The Killer Wail fires extremely large sound waves made of the player's ink color that are unobstructed by buildings and other obstacles. It does not spread any actual ink, but is great for killing opponents.
  5. Inkstrike - To use it, the player must activate it then tap anywhere on the gamepad's screen to launch it. It will cause a giant tornado made of ink .
  6. Echolocator - It is similar to the Point Sensor but it lets you and your teamates see all the enemies in your range, rather than one enemy.
  7. Kraken - For a short period of time, player will change into an invincible Inkling in a monster-like Squid form . It can move freely on enemy's ink while making ink and destroying enemies when touched.

Splatoon-Gets-New-Details-on-Shops-and-Weapons-470838-7.jpg

Shopping and Style!

While covering things in ink is important, you gotta make sure you do it in style. Splatoon has a hub world with several different shops selling gear. Maybe you want new shoes or a hat? Tired of that shirt? Buy a new one!

The hub town also contains squid opponents that you recently battled online. If you talk to them, you can see their gear and equipment. One nice feature is that you can easily order their gear with the touch of a button. Also, you can use the touch screen to quickly jump from one place to another. Handy!

Finally, all your gear comes equipped with upgrades and abilities. These are randomly assigned at first, but can be upgraded/changed around later.

Shop owners and their stores:

Annie is a sea urchin, and the owner of Cooler Heads in Booyah Base. (Head Gear)
Crusty Sean is a shrimp who owns Shrimp Kicks in Booyah Base. (Shoe Gear)
Jelonzo is a jellyfish who owns Jelly Fresh in Booyah Base. (Clothing Gear)
Sheldon is a horseshoe crab who owns Ammo Knights in Booyah Base. (Weapons)
Spyke lives in Inkopolis Plaza and aids Inklings with upgrading gear. (Upgrades/Abilities)

For a full list of the upgrades available, check out this image below (spoilered for huge):
splatoon-abilities-529x1200.jpg?44d51a

amiibo-splatoon-1.jpg

amiibo Functionality

You can use special Splatoon amiibo to enhance your gameplay experience. Simply swipe one onto your Wii U gamepad and you'll unlock a series of challenges for the single player mode. Most of the challenges consist of defeating a stage using a different default weapon like the Charger or Roller. Finishing these challenges gives you access to unique gear, such as a school girl uniform or samurai armor. Each of the three amiibo unlock different stuff.

In addition to new gear, each amiibo offers a new 8-bit mini-game to play during loading and lobby screens.

Oh and don't worry if you don't have the amiibo. The gear is mostly cosmetic and doesn't provide access to unique skills or powers. They do have more unlocked ability slots, which will certainly help out of the gate, but that won't make a difference in the long run.

gt_splatoon_nintendo_treehouse_demonstration.jpg?

PA Friend List

If you'd like to join the ever-growing Splatoon friend list, please PM your information to me. Try and send the information to me as shown below (Forum name/Wii U name) so I can easily copy/paste it. If you don't, I'll still post your name but perhaps give you a stern talking to....or embarrass you in the thread. ;)

MNC Dover/MNC.Dover
Lord_Asmodeus/Drol_Asmodeus
The Wolfman/the_wolfman64
skeldare/skeldare
Dark Raven X/DRX-777
Reynolds/RadSuit
Man of the Waves/BuckarooHoliday
BlueBlue/BlueBlue
Mblackwell/Mblackwell
Maz-/Maz_PA
McFlynn/McFlynn
Incindium/Incindium
Kaimaka/Kaimaka
HallowedFaith/Cloudbomb
WotanAnubis / Wotan-Anubis
Zython/zython
Johnny Chopsocky/JohnnyChopsocky
Warlock82/Warlock
NotoriusBEN/NBen
PirateLuigi/PirateLuigi
no great name/sirtoons
Lindsay Logan/n8littlefield
MegaMek/MekRedd
Tcheldor/Tortalius
Kupi/KupiYupaekio
Rami / W-S-D-X
UncleSporky/unclesporky
BronzeKoopa/hyrulefd
jkylefulton/majpell
The Zombie Penguin/azombiepenguin
McFodder/Fodder185
Capt Howdy/KayleSolo
warder808/Rezin808
darunia106/Pirate_Burger
Sir Fabulous/Nash96
Elaro/ElaroLVI

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Space reserved for future info and fan art pics! Also, the OP will be updating with new info as I get it...or when I'm not so tired! :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Embarrass me in the thread

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    My Nintendo ID is Drol_Asmodeus

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Embarrass me in the thread
    My Nintendo ID is Drol_Asmodeus

If you'd like to join the ever-growing Splatoon friend list, please PM your information to me. Try and send the information to me as shown below (Forum name/Wii U name) so I can easily copy/paste it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I caved and bought the Prima guide. I haven't bought a strategy guide in years, but I want everything about this game. Haven't read the guide yet but the concept art section is hype as hell.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm already seeing way too many pictures of Inkling butts on Miiverse. What the hell, people?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Anyone had much luck with the bomb rush special weapon? It doesn't seem very effective to me

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I'm already seeing way too many pictures of Inkling butts on Miiverse. What the hell, people?

To be fair, you also see plenty of Inkling butts while playing the game.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Love that new inky thread smell.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    This game is fresh and entertaining, I haven't played anything like it before to be honest.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This game is fantastic.

10/10

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Played it till Lvl 6 this morning. Lots of good fun. Saw a Lvl 18 in a few games.

The single player is awesome fun too.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Kriegaffe wrote: »
    Played it till Lvl 6 this morning. Lots of good fun. Saw a Lvl 18 in a few games.

The single player is awesome fun too.

I've seen some level 20 players, which I'm pretty sure is the max.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    GameStop actually had Inklings on the shelf. I was just as surprised as they were. They were also very confused that I didn't want to buy the boy amiibo, or the game itself.

I'll probably grab this game as soon as I see any kind of sale.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I caved and bought the amiibo 3 pack since it was the last one and I had some cash and a $5 gift card from preordering at Target. This was at 9am mind you when they were already almost sold out. I also got one of those squirt guns, and it's badass.

The amiibo are actually incredibly well detailed and fun. My son's voice rose an entire octave in excitement when he saw the bundle of stuff. He's only 3 so he can't really play (he tries) but he thinks Splatoon is just the coolest thing ever.

I haven't had much of a chance to play yet though.

@MNC Dover Feel free to add me to the list, I'm Mblackwell/Mblackwell obviously (obviously?).

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    WTV3S60.jpg

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Grab the scrolls, because this game's backstory is um
    The game takes place after humanity is wiped out by rising sea levels, and cephalopods evolved sentience (which actually has some merit as octopi in particular are known to be fairly intelligent).

The real stab in the heart is Judd, the cat who determines the winner each match. He is the last cat on Earth, and he was cryogenically preserved by his owner 10,000 years ago to survive the cataclysm that wiped out humanity. One of the scrolls is a note from his owner before they froze him.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Grab the scrolls, because this game's backstory is um
    The game takes place after humanity is wiped out by rising sea levels, and cephalopods evolved sentience (which actually has some merit as octopi in particular are known to be fairly intelligent).

The real stab in the heart is Judd, the cat who determines the winner each match. He is the last cat on Earth, and he was cryogenically preserved by his owner 10,000 years ago to survive the cataclysm that wiped out humanity. One of the scrolls is a note from his owner before they froze him.
    Splatoon, a post apocalyptic ink shooting adventure.

Sure puts the commercial in a new light now.

"YOU'RE A KID NOW! YOU'RE A SQUID NOW! THE HUMAN RACE IS DEAD NOW!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    you know what sucks? going to charge up your neglected WiiU screen thingy and realizing your cord eating power recliner ate the power cord (first world problems: I have two WiiUs and can't find the other cable!) Then you go to Gamestop to get the game and a new charger cable and they look at you like you are insane - who would carry a power cable or even want a Wii U ?

Came home gameless and defeated.

Then your can-do attitude and government training comes into play - it's just a charging cord right? yep! a wire and a ground. electrical tape and wire strippers to the rescue.

It's charging and downloading all at once. I am actually excited.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    anyone running into stability issues online? Last two matches in a row DC'ed on me...

Ah, that cleared up nicely.

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man I really hope there's a Splatter Jr replacement somewhere in this game....

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, veryone in the shops are saying "hey, you're fresher now. I got new stuff", but I still only see one row of things. Do I need to buy everything in row 1 to get to row 2?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    WTV3S60.jpg

I see your abandoned kids and raise you:

NYHytBXh.jpg

Spoon!

• Options
    The shop's wares rotate every 24 hours, so basically you have to wait I think.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Man I really hope there's a Splatter Jr replacement somewhere in this game....

Aerospray MG is life

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
      edited May 2015
      So why is it that it doesn't show your Nintendo Id in games? I need to change my profile name because I currently just show up as Jesse instead of Incindium in any WiiU online game.

Incindium on
      steam_sig.png
      Nintendo ID: Incindium
      PSN: IncindiumX
    • Options
      Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
      96 Gal, Sprinkler, and Echolocator is my new jam. So good.

• Options
      Man, few things are more disheartening than dying immediately after Super Jumping into the fight after dying.

• Options
      I have managed to steal Wyvern's first place. Twice!

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      Enlong wrote: »
      Man, few things are more disheartening than dying immediately after Super Jumping into the fight after dying.

Yeah, but there's a little landing symbol when you are flying in. Observant players will blast fresh players flying into a battlezone.

• Options
      The weapon variety is kinda great. There's a little gun that reminds me of the 'Crush' gun from Contra. The (non charging) rifle with the longest range was a refreshing different style. And the Kraken/Roller combo is a close range monster.

• Options
      Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      God this game is so good. I played through the first two major areas of the single player, and while it's fun, it has nothing on the multiplayer. It's a blast. I love how quick matches are.

I have probably won as many as I've lost. When I lose, I don't get upset, and instead I just play again. I have landed on a couple teams where my teammates are not very helpful, but then again, I've had teams that were so efficient that the opposing team had no chance.

I am only level five at the moment and I think I'm done for the night, but yea, we need to get a PA game going so badly. This game matches SSB and MK as a purely joyous multi-player gaming experience.

Enough gushing, now I go to bed. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • Options

Yeah, but there's a little landing symbol when you are flying in. Observant players will blast fresh players flying into a battlezone.

Oh, I guess that's why you'd use Stealth Jump.

• Options
      Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      Oh, and I don't really like the roller. I cannot seem to effectively use it offensively. I'm fine if I ignore the fight, try to avoid it, and just play as a turf stealer. I'm terrible at using it as a weapon though.

I'll test more of the weapons I unlocked tomorrow.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • Options
      WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
      96 Gal, Sprinkler, and Echolocator is my new jam. So good.
      I was tepid about the .XX Gals when they started showing up, but damn. Such a great compromise between range, damage, ink, and utility on the .96.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    • Options
      Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
      I had to spend an hour trying to get my Wii U to reconnect to my network (does anyone else have issues with the console randomly forgetting how to wireless?), then spent another hour playing. I only meant to spend the first hour playing, but I couldn't stop once I got going.

Speaking of, after the second match loss, I didn't lose a game. I got up to super-hawt status or something around 8 flags and the cat gave me 1000 credits on top of the 400 I got when I hit the stores the first time. I even had a couple 5+/0 K/D matches and almost always earned 1100+ monies. After testing all the weapons available at level 5, I'm still sticking to the splattershot jr. I won't get the roller or the charger until the maps call for it.

I was close to buying the .52 gal, but I didn't like it at all in the test chamber. It felt like it had the highest TTK. The tentacle splattershot felt like the lowest.

My new gear ended up with damage up x2, special charge up x2, run speed up, and quick jump. Not bad at all.

The game itself is a lot of fun and I don't think I'll mind playing the same two maps every day. The maps feel a lot better after the repetition, but that may just be because I'm still learning them. Saltspray is still fun even after the test fires, so I don't know.

• Options
      Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
      By the way, don't activate the shield when there's a water trap or a drop behind you.

• Options
      NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

get in the habit of tossing a grenade as you come in for a hotdrop. chances are youll kill the player camping your drop point. theyll still have a really good chance to kill you, but you might be able to trade deaths

a4irovn5uqjp.png
      Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    • Options
      Anyone else enjoy flopping around Booyah Base in squid form?

• Options
      Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
      Can you kill sprinklers?