As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    no, but try shooting or grenading over them. high arc it, or just back off

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yes you can.

• Options
    oh sprinklers! yea sprinklers can be killed. i was thinking the ink shower curtain

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that thing can't be killed except, I thnk, by crushing it with a Roller. Which makes sense. It's built for defense.

So, guys. Recon + Inkstrike is a pretty nice combo.

Build the meter, jump to spawn, drop it on the largest cluster of foes

• Options
    you know what's awesome?

bubbling and killing a 4man push, by yourself.
    bubbling and pushing through a choke with your team
    bubbling just before a kraken runs you down and they ineffectually try to kill you. then you kill them.
    all of the above.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    you know what's awesome?

bubbling and killing a 4man push, by yourself.
    bubbling and pushing through a choke with your team
    bubbling just before a kraken runs you down and they ineffectually try to kill you. then you kill them.
    all of the above.

It's basically an Übercharge.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I really like the enemy tagging grenade, but it's really silly on the short-range charger.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    you know what's awesome?

all of the above.

Works both ways though. See two guys bubble ... wait ... charge in , Kraken, destroy them just as their bubbles end.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm... weapon names seem different in Aus. I'm sure "5.2 Gallon" is "5.2 Cal" here.

Edit: Or maybe I read 'Gal' as 'Cal'. I thought it might have been an Imperial/Metric thing.

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I really like the enemy tagging grenade, but it's really silly on the short-range charger.

I really want to like that gun though, because it gets a really fast killshot ready.

I'm not very good at it yet. The strafe painting with uncharged shots is pretty good on all chargers though, and clearly the way to go - only charge if you're trying to splat someone.

The way I look at the rollers is that they're basically assassination weapons. Someone with a gun who sees you coming will kill you, period. If they don't see you coming, you win, period. So you want to be clever with lines of sight and all. Also, having 4x run speed up feels like cheating.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If Best Buy didn't suck and had shipped the game yesterday, I'd have had it today. Oh well, I can live without until Monday.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or does it feel like most rounds on the Warehouse map are one-sided?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I highly suggest doing the single-player campaign to completion, as you unlock alternate weapons along with two sets of three-slot gear for doing so. Here are some tips, which I will put in spoilers for those that wish to go in clean. I won't spoil the story stuff, and I'll try to avoid spoiling levels or their gimmicks.
    • Unlock the Seeker grenade first. Being able to create long stretches of ink from a safe place is invaluable in areas that require sneakiness.
    • The explode-on-contact grenade has very underwhelming damage (like three hits to kill even weaker enemies) and you can only upgrade the blast radius. It is worth getting at level 1 just for a quicker way to paints walls.
    • Your squid form is affecting by gravity, and you will have to intermittently press up to keep from sliding down a wall. Also I believe you cannot swim in ink on a ceiling although this rarely comes up.
    • Squid platforming can be finicky, so thoroughly spray those surfaces before trickier platforming segments.
    • Beating a level with armor and a special weapon in tact will award 10 bonus upgrade points each, so only use those specials when needed.
    • Later on, the game REALLY enjoys putting grates over pits and water, so squid carefully.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    How worth getting is this game, if I'm not normally that interested in competitive shooters?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    How worth getting is this game, if I'm not normally that interested in competitive shooters?

Think of it as a turf war painting simulator.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    jothki wrote: »

I kinda hate competitive shooters and shooters in general but I am loving this game. Even matches in which I lose I'm having fun.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    i quit competitive shooters back when cod2 came out. since then the only shooters ive played were coop or arma.

this game brought me back because while killing the enemy denies coverage time, the objective is to paint territory. this game has shook up the competitive fps scene in my opinion

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    So the gamepad is offering me a discount on the download for this game since I played the demo. Is it worth it buying the game without any of the amiboo?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    So the gamepad is offering me a discount on the download for this game since I played the demo. Is it worth it buying the game without any of the amiboo?

Yes, the amiibo are not required to enjoy it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Yes. The Amiibo give you challenge runs on the single player maps you've already played (girl has you do the mission with a Charger, Boy gives you a Roller, Squid gives you a time trial in Kraken mode or a limited-ink challenge). They're fun, but ultimately just different ways to re-run the single-player maps. They give unique gear, but only the looks are unique. They have no unique skills, so nobody who goes without the Amiibo will be at a disadvantage against someone who does.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Charger! What is it good for? Absolutely NOTHING!

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Looks like Ranked Modes might unlock tomorrow. (I am guessing because of the rate of growth.)

Also, Google paid me today so, downloading now. XD

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is there a guide to getting the scrolls? I couldn't find them in the first two levels when I was looking, and sorta gave up on it.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    zlCfzTZ68yczrSy_fE
    Callie and Marie wave at you if you stare at them through the window
    Fg6cXrH.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Is there a guide to getting the scrolls? I couldn't find them in the first two levels when I was looking, and sorta gave up on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQr6Dh-k7ZU

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I've just friend bombed everyone currently on mnc dover's OP as a heads up. I'll only have tomorrow and then ill be going to trucking school for a while before I can play again. But tis good to friend up still

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Octopodes.

• Options
    Starting to get an MWO matchmaking vibe. Consistently the best player on any side (remember scratch off 300 for the winners, though sometimes I have more points than even that) and my team is a bunch of windowlickers in the 300s and 9 deaths

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Being forced to watch a cutscene every time you boot up the game is silly and needs to be the first thing patched out.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I keep going back to the Splattershot Jr. I just like the way it spreads paint everywhere.

I guess the roller is better at that, but it's less versatile. I like to climb walls from time to time and that gets tricky if you're using a roller.

Also, I somehow never managed to splat anyone with the Kraken.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    This game is so darn fun! It would be much better if I could consistently play with friends tho.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    I've seen afkers or disconnects. Score of 0p no deaths or kills

Although afking makes no sense as your only earn cash/xp from inking

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Some good games Raz. I should show up in your lobby if you want to order those goggles with 4 abilities (15,000 gold through).

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Got the game tonight and played it at my cousin's house. We had a blast, though it took a little adjustment to get the camera the way I want it (right now, it's at minimum sensitivity, might increase it a tad).

Also saw this video with a bunch of helpful tips for newbies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjddLod9cdU

Finally, my NNID is in my sig, add me <3

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Some good games Raz. I should show up in your lobby if you want to order those goggles with 4 abilities (15,000 gold through).

There was also a baseball jersey on one guy with Super Charge Up, Ink Saver Sub, and two unknowns too.

But yeah, you held your own against us level 12-14 guys.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Yes. The Amiibo give you challenge runs on the single player maps you've already played (girl has you do the mission with a Charger, Boy gives you a Roller, Squid gives you a time trial in Kraken mode or a limited-ink challenge). They're fun, but ultimately just different ways to re-run the single-player maps. They give unique gear, but only the looks are unique. They have no unique skills, so nobody who goes without the Amiibo will be at a disadvantage against someone who does.

Well, 36 Euro is a steal for this game. Bought!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Got my Inkling amiibo. So now I need to decide between multi-player matches, the single player campaign and the amiibo challenges.

Oh, the agony of choice.

• Options
    Single player unlocks weapons and two sets of three-slot gear

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Everyone has rollers, I don't stand a chance with my normal super soaker gun, I try to shoot them but nothing happens. I just get insta-gibbed instead by everything. Barely get any experience this way. :( It also doesn't help I'm always on a losing team that ends up with only 20 percent of the map.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Defense seems to do very little. On the firing range, a lot of weapons splat the standard dummies and the dummy with 3x defense in the same number of shots. And the ones that don't only take one more shot.