As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[XCOM 2] Console Release Out! Expansions? Possibly.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the endgame for both games
    they are alluding to xcom apocalypse aliens right?

and what do you think is going to go on with terror from the deep. my guess is a standalone campaign with the whole aquatic gear reset, I don't know if that is too ambitious for an expansion

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    fun story about my first use of final tier heavy weapons

I had the shredstorm, and a good angle on a group of aliens
    what I DIDN'T check, was its range

the back half of the VIP van was completely leveled

and it was fucking hilarious

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    was the VIP surprised, at least?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

Very briefly, I can only imagine.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm still new enough to where I get fun achievements on accident. I guess I blew someone off of a roof on accident? Because I got the kill someone by knocking them off something achievement on a blind grenade launch, and it was terrific. I also blew up two mutons with a rocket and a car?

I also accidentally killed someone with a sword because I rushed them, hit them with a sword, and forgot I gave them Bladestorm, so when they attempted to run to cover they basically immediately got stabbed in the face and it was almost the happiest I've ever been in an xcom game, aside from the time I shot six aliens with an upgraded pistol in one turn

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

I can guarantee I was more surprised

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    So, in a desperate bid for something to do, I'm working on an XCOM class. It's called the Lookout - and is focused on stationary spotting, and limited area denial. Their base abilities are a CD area reveal (with LOS restrictions), and snap shot (because they use a sniper rifle).

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Breaking news for console owners

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    It was pretty obviously coming based on how cagey they were around the PC language leading up to release, but good to see it confirmed.

Though, really, the PC is still the place to get it if you have any choice due to the mod scene.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    It was pretty obviously coming based on how cagey they were around the PC language leading up to release, but good to see it confirmed.

Though, really, the PC is still the place to get it if you have any choice due to the mod scene.

Maybe there will be mod support on console? Fallout 4 got that, right?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »

Maybe there will be mod support on console? Fallout 4 got that, right?

Yeah I wouldn't totally rule it out now that the groundwork has been layed.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Johnny Five...alive?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've had to disable all of my mods because my game kept freezing up and crashing after a few minutes of playtime and I wasn't sure which one was causing it.

I miss all my cosmetic additions, nevermind the more robust stuff.

• Options
    swole gremlins

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I've had to disable all of my mods because my game kept freezing up and crashing after a few minutes of playtime and I wasn't sure which one was causing it.

I miss all my cosmetic additions, nevermind the more robust stuff.

I love all my mods, but they make the world view lag really bad. I could probably deal with a few less, but disabling classes and Lucubretion's Infantry, Scout, Gunner and Sniper mods are absolutely more fun for me than any of the base classes. Also the amount of QOL mods I have probably balance out the lag issues, though it is kind of troubling that mods make the game laggy at all.

• Options
    they should have released Shen's Gift before Alien Hunters

I NEED THAT FIREPOWER NOW, DAMMIT

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LjfvYpRFU
    Hello, Commander

This is out for consoles today

Hopefully it is not horribly broken, cause you ain't gonna be able to fix it with mods

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Strangely low-key release. Pretty much no marketing leading up to it at all.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey! I picked this up! Because I dug the hell out of Enemy Within even though it's not my usual kind of game
    Don't know when I'll have time to play it though

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Strangely low-key release. Pretty much no marketing leading up to it at all.

I saw some twittering, but that's it

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    So checking in on the mod scene

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black
    ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

yes, good, excellent

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so do we think there's ever going to be an actual expansion to this game, or was the existing DLCs all we're going to get

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    so do we think there's ever going to be an actual expansion to this game, or was the existing DLCs all we're going to get

Enemy Within was announced 3 months before it came out, and a full year after launch

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    xcom 2 sold pretty well

seems like cleaning up some rough edges and adding more content would work pretty well

• Options
    There are definite indications that expansion or sequel content is under consideration right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxW9BWpFH4Y

(this is also a fairly informative look at why there was a delay getting console out the door and covers other stuff like controller support on PC)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    The other thing is indications are that the XCOM 2 team did not work on Civ 6, so they've gotta be doing something over there

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'd really love to see their take on XCOM 3 in view of the original game

imagine the current game with the tactical combat and base building but also trying to balance various factions and ally with the ones that give you the most benefits given your playing style

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dammit, mission fucking 1 and all my promoted soldiers are also gravely wounded

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Alright, let's give this a go. Haven't got any of the DLC but from what I can see of the descriptions it seems kind of crap? Not anything i'd want for a first playthrough at least, regardless of quality.

E: Oh noooo Garrus is a bad guy?

Also if you're going to have an occupation/police/whatever force maybe it'd be a good idea to have them speak the same language as the people they are giving orders to. Just a thought.

Aistan on
  • Options
    the Shen thing is pretty good because it gives you an extra soldier class that's just Terminator Johnny Five

also check out the Long War Studios mods for extra aliens, weapons and perks

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hey wait a minute, this is out on consoles now

Where's my controller support on PC, Firaxis

People on Xbox ain't using no keyboard

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I don't really want to do anything Long War until i've finished the game once. Right now all i'm doing is cosmetic stuff.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    I've been really struggling to enjoy this as much as I enjoyed X-Com.

Maybe my refusal to let my top soldiers die is more stubborn than before, I don't know. The metagame seems easier but it's also kind of directionless... And the load times are a killer.

I love this strategy engine at its heart but how do I get into a rhythm where I'm playing more and not spending hours replaying the first few turns of a mission to sus out the map and do the 'right' thing? Is the early game before equipment upgrades and squad size the tough hurdle, or should I notch the difficulty right down?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I love XCOM2, but it's far from perfect and I could probably think of a dozen or so general changes I'd like to see for the next game

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    The controller support update also lets you walk around your base in first-person

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    It is becoming increasingly clear that an expansion announcement is probably on the way, this just got posted after a few weeks of "Resistance PR" posts on the twitter account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-16XOsStco

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Well, guess it's time to get around to a Long War 2 playthrough.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."