As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gears of War: Live Action Film & Animated Series Coming to Netflix?

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    one thing i would like them to add is a way to create "sets" for the skins. that way i can have a zombie set, or a vintage set, or whatever else so i can more easily swap between things that i want to group together.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    one thing i would like them to add is a way to create "sets" for the skins. that way i can have a zombie set, or a vintage set, or whatever else so i can more easily swap between things that i want to group together.

That'd be nice.

I'd like to have different sets for the various Horde classes for instance. (Baird with a loader enforcer is deffo my Engineer, but I might go with someone else for Scout, Soldier ETC. ETC.)

• Options
    Hmm
    Rockstar Energy and Gears of War 4 are teaming up to bring you the ultimate Horde Challenge. The challenge runs January 19 - 31, so register below and compete now.

ENTER TO WIN
    Register below. You must be signed in to register.*
    Play Horde Mode on Blood Drive or Clocktower on Normal or higher difficulty.
    Complete 10/50/100/200 waves and win Rockstar Gear Packs.
    For every 50 waves completed, you'll be registered for a chance to win Xbox.com gift cards.
    For every 200 waves completed, you'll be registered for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
    *Contest open to players in the U.S., U.K and Canada (excluding Quebec).

PRIZES
    Grand Prize: A Jesse Hernandez custom-painted Gears Chest Armor and custom-painted Rockstar mini-fridge, plus a year's worth of Rockstar Energy drinks.
    First Prizes: Xbox.com gift card
    Second Prizes: In-game Gear Packs
    See Official Contest Rules for more information.

You guys up for some horde tomorrow?

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    My Friday plans got moved to Thursday so I might be able to play Friday. Work is going to cause me to get very little sleep so I may end up going to bed very early Friday.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    anyone use custom controls, as in editing the sensitivity or anything like that? i've seen it asked of streamers relatively frequently. i don think i've ever played around with those sort of settings in any game i've played

• Options
    I think I always go default; I imagine if I was really wanting to get into MP, I'd up the sensitivity a bit.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I am debating trying some stuff to see if it helps. But then I think that it'd make more of a difference if i just got better

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    anyone use custom controls, as in editing the sensitivity or anything like that? i've seen it asked of streamers relatively frequently. i don think i've ever played around with those sort of settings in any game i've played

what is the issue that you're having with fights?

If you feel that your aim is too stiff or loose vs the "force" that you exert with your fingers, then changing your sensitivity will address the issue. Otherwise, there won't be much effect.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

what is the issue that you're having with fights?

If you feel that your aim is too stiff or loose vs the "force" that you exert with your fingers, then changing your sensitivity will address the issue. Otherwise, there won't be much effect.

well given the recent server issues and the fact that i've recognized i really do need a warm up game...i'm not sure. assuming i play the same mode (so competitive vs competitive as opposed to competitive vs core) i have games where i am a monster and everything is firing on all cylinders, or i can respectably say "welp i fucked up", then other games i am 4-20 and just getting demolished in gnasher battles.

sometimes it feels as though i am turning slower than my opponent or something like that, but again it is just as (if not more) likely that i am just playing poorly. it kinda dawned on me today as something to possibly look into. as i said i have never even considered it in any game, not being i wanted to succeed with the default or something but it just literally never crossed my mind

• Options
    I realized yesterday that despite actually being home Wednesday night I failed to watch fight night. Going through the twitch saved videos though it appears there wasn't one for 1/18? Which might make sense since I think this weekend is the Mexico city tournament

• Options
    I've finally hit the point where I'll be working later at my job (by about an hour for now) so I might not be home until 7pm PST tonight. Feel free to get started without me.

• Options
    Sweet. Meetings got over early, I should be home in 45 minutes.

• Options
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    My roommate's playing Halo 5 now, so I'm out. :( Noticed no one was online earlier.

• Options
  • Options
    i can log on in about 20-30 minutes

@WingedWeasel we seem to have missed you. Says your offline.

• Options
    @WingedWeasel Me and Scottsman are on now if you want to join us

• Options
    Good game, Ipori and Weasel.

I stayed on a bit more to hit 100 ad re-up. Today wasn't too bad. I maxed my first skill, found a couple of Epic characters, got the last epic skill and, as mentioned, hit level 100.

We might be trying again on Saturday, but I probably won't be home until 6pm PST at the earliest (stupid Saturday shift) if anyone is interested.

• Options
    I'll have to figure out why I am showing as offline. Was definitely fun last night.

I understand why they nerfed turrets as it feels as though if you aren't using one you aren't contributing. I know you guys offered me one but I wanted to try and see if I could make any impact with just regular weapons. You definitely need to swap out the rifles for something else past wave 20 however guardians/sentinels are a nightmare for say the dropshot

Since I leveled I was able to equip mortar strike although I could use turret damage or whatever instead. I have a bunch of scrap I'm sitting on so I may upgrade a bunch of stuff.

Or craft one of those v day cog characters. The ones with the white armor look pretty fresh

• Options
    edited January 2017
    When you're doing well gears is the best game ever

When you're doing poorly gears is the worst game ever

Statements may be influenced by games this morning

edit: i am not sure what the acronyms on the names for the pro circuit mexico city tournament mean. some have GLTA, some have GPC, some have both (in addition to the player's tag). however they sometimes are mixed on teams and sometimes not. anyone have a clue what it is?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    No idea on the tags. Never got into the pro circuit stuff myself.

You up for some Horde Weasel? I added you as a friend.

Anyone else? I know Scottsman is busy until later with that silly trying to make a living bit.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Bonepart wrote: »
    No idea on the tags. Never got into the pro circuit stuff myself.

You up for some Horde Weasel? I added you as a friend.

Anyone else? I know Scottsman is busy until later with that silly trying to make a living bit.

i'm going to be going out for the day in a little while otherwise i'd jump on

edit:

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Meeting has gone late. Dunno when I'll get home.

• Options
    I finally got registered for the contest.

I don't know about the others, but just toss me an @ if I'm not on :+1:

• Options
    On the way home now. Should be less than an hour.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Servers wound up getting borked AGAIN. Good grief.

Think I'm going to officially drop this down a rank on my GotY list.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got the rare and epic luchador skins so I just need the legendary one. Double XP is great for leveling up horde classes.

• Options
    Sorry I couldn't jump in with you guys last night. Up at 5 am and then awake until 2 am made me super tired for yesterday. I didn't actually encounter the server issues you guys mentioned. I opened a couple luchador packs without issue

Been watching the Mexico city event as much as I can this weekend. One complaint (aside from the stoppages last night) is that it seems difficult to find brackets. They had the pools listed in advance but I went out for the day and was trying to check periodically how things were progressing and I could find any place that was updating scores. I still can't in fact. I looked this morning to see what time things started and I only found it by going to the gears live stream and the "screensaver" or commerical break screen or whatever it is said 11 am est. Friday the twitch stream at the end of the day said what time it would start Saturday but it didn't this time (guess it timed out). Kind of annoying. The websites look real slick but don't quite have the information I want readily available.

Or it could be right there and in my tired stupor I am just not seeing it. Who knows.

• Options
    Last day for double XP! God help me, I'm going to try some public horde :bigfrown:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Bonepart wrote: »
    Last day for double XP! God help me, I'm going to try some public horde :bigfrown:

it will go fine (probably) from people doing stuff but i'd be surprised if you made it past wave 20 without everyone leaving

results from mexico city
    damn it, i missed optic vs. envyUs and apparently envy upset optic. plus there is an open bracket team (ghost ) that has beaten both eunited and E6 which are pretty big upsets since obviously they were an unknown team.

optic vs ghost is up next so i am excited to see whether optic bounces back the carriage turns back into pumpkin or the new faces can knock off the current best team

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Bleh. It was barely tolerable. We had some new guy who was the only one besides me that would use a turret, except he wouldn't get off of it so I could upgrade it, and then he upgraded it himself! Paying the full price and losing the +80% health bump my turrets get. He finally left, but at Wave 37 I had enough. The two non-scouts kept running out and playing the field and taking the power.

On the plus side my Engineer is Level 6 now. I may try again in a bit.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    i'm surprised to had another human in the game to wave 37. that in and of itself is amazing fora public game

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I tried three rounds of horde and couldn't get past wave 2 without everybody leaving. Normal is pretty good for at least wave 20

• Options
    there's a clay carmine lancer, ben carmine gnasher, anthony carmine longshot. any other carmine gear?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    mental is a hilarious in game troll. for example
    they 3 capped ghost gaming in game 4 or 5 (i think) so he just turns a boltoks him teammate in the dome point blank. i laughed so hard my wife got concerned

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    watching gears fight night from yesterday (1/25). they have 4 all female teams playing. haven't gotten through everything but there was a pretty wild end to one of the games of lockdown vs ladies of dior:
    game 9

about 1:07
    crazy fight over the last hill as the score is ticking up

• Options
    Be home in like 25 minutes. Anyone up for some Horde.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Crap, got caught up with Elite Dangerous--I'm seeing you guys already finished?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Crap, got caught up with Elite Dangerous--I'm seeing you guys already finished?

We never got started. I didn't see anyone so I logged off to go do something else.

Undead Scottsman on