As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bethesda Announcement: War has changed. Wait no the other one

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Wow Fallout 1 is slow and clunky. I'm not sure I can hack this.

yeahhhh

their biggest mistake was tying agility to AP on a 1:1 ratio

shoulda been 2:3 or 3:4

It is 2:1, if I remember right. Default of 5, every 2 points of Ag gets you one more AP.

Still pretty broken, mind.

I think 5 is the minimum but no, above that it is definitely 1:1 based on agility

you have to have 10 agility to get 10 AP without any perks

I'm saying it shouldn't have been that way because being effective in combat at all pretty much required you to put at least one point into agility and realistically you needed 8 or more

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Oh god, why are the molerats so much tougher than the radroaches?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Molerats are a real sunuvabitch

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Always have one person in each room. No molerats.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Against molerats, tiny signs with "No shirt, no service."

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Vault 976 is well underway. I'm trying to get some people put the door but I may have to entice more hanky panky to cover the resource rooms while I send out scavengers.

I may be playing too conservatively.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I took a look at the people working out in the Athletics Room. They're all exercising except for one lady who is sitting on a bench sucking down soft drinks.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    hey, proper hydration is the most important part of any workout.

and the most delicious, apparently.

• Options
    Now my radio station consists of Three Dog surrounded by women in lingerie.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    sent someone out exploring

inventory showed a couple of weapons, like a rusty laser rifle

(they already had one equipped)

I told them to return; hit 'collect', and now I can't find those weapons. My storage room isn't full or anything.

All I can think is they were auto-sold for some reason, but I can't figure out why that might be.

• Options
    Did you tap on them before you hit collect?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I don't recall.

What's the correct procedure?

• Options
    Tapping them changes the icon of the item to caps, readying it to be sold automatically when you hit collect.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Really considering just restarting from scratch on Fallout Shelter and being more proactive about sending people out into the Wasteland; my current Vault is just chock full of low SPECIAL dwellers because I didn't pair parents more judiciously and I'm woefully under-equipped to handle molerats.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Tapping them changes the icon of the item to caps, readying it to be sold automatically when you hit collect.

gotcha

I don't think I did that, but I'll pay more attention next time anyway

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

gotcha

I'm pretty sure I did that in my first Vault, so now whenever I'm checking out loot coming in, I tap once to see the stats and then a second time to set it back.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Really considering just restarting from scratch on Fallout Shelter and being more proactive about sending people out into the Wasteland; my current Vault is just chock full of low SPECIAL dwellers because I didn't pair parents more judiciously and I'm woefully under-equipped to handle molerats.

In my experience you get higher SPECIAL dwellers more by putting them in training rooms than anything else. Even getting kids from skilled dwellers doesn't make the kid much of anything special. The most I've gotten was a kid with 3s in all stats from parents with all 10s.

There's that midpoint in the early days though where you don't have access to the training rooms and don't have high special that you might just want to force a baby boom in the vault to tip it over that edge.

The only dwellers I've seen who start with high SPECIAL (above a 5) are the rare and unique ones from cards.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    Is the fallout 4 website super busted for anyone else, or is that just me?

• Options
    New vault is underway because I lost every last dweller in a multi-tiered molerat attack. This time around I'm focusing on (almost) completely filling my rooms and wasteland scavenging before pushing my population too fast so I can access training rooms.

What's the average time you peeps are getting to, say, 50 dwellers? Just curious.

• Options
    I have demolished my radio room for another training space. Gonna try to keep my population steady at 45 while I train up everybody's stats, particularly those who stand guard at ground level.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Come on, November

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Bethesda finished up voice recording for Fallout 4 today, with 111k lines of dialogue, more than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined.

Yeah! Yeah okay!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Wow, that's a lot of work for five voice actors.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Wow, that's a lot of work for five voice actors.

Ten bucks says Noah Nelson is in it, aka "every male orc in Oblivion/Skyrim"

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Hey, I got a code for 5 free lunchboxes on Google Play store. Since I'm not actually trying to play FO Shelter, it's up for grabs.
    First one to get me a picture of lunchboxes gets it.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

gotcha

I'm pretty sure I did that in my first Vault, so now whenever I'm checking out loot coming in, I tap once to see the stats and then a second time to set it back.

well shit. i totally had a dweller find a legendary weapon and clicked on it to see it. i didn't know this. baaaaaallls.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I am annoyed that I cannot seem to find anything better than flamers, gauss rifles, and plasma rifles. I wonder if I am being gated by something.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    The game seems to give a few really powerful weapons in the beginning and then, very very few. I have two vaults and got mini-nuke launchers in both, but just about everyone else is wielding a sawed off shotgun.

• Options
    Also, @chromdom here's a pic of a lunchbox. The Fallout one is the only one I actually own.

a07otg3t0awt.jpg

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    The game seems to give a few really powerful weapons in the beginning and then, very very few. I have two vaults and got mini-nuke launchers in both, but just about everyone else is wielding a sawed off shotgun.

I dunno, I've been playing since the android release, and I got the Miss Launcher just recently. Funnily enough it was on a vaulter I sent out to die with nothing, and she immediately got that and lasted a full day. So now she's the only one in the vault who is allowed to wear power armor for being such a badass.

• Options
    I may have bad luck. I might need to try an experiment with sending a bunch of Luck 10 dwellers out with nothing and see what happens.

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    That's an awesome lunchbox!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I might get the collector's edition this time around

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I might get the collector's edition this time around

If you haven't already ordered it you're not very likely to get it.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Aw, I better look into that

I live in Europe and where I lived at the time there were still Fallout 3 collector's editions sitting on the shelves a year or so after the game came out (didn't get one though because I lacked funds at the time)

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They said a few weeks/months ago that they weren't making anymore, but I don't know if they're still available anywhere

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Aw, I better look into that

I live in Europe and where I lived at the time there were still Fallout 3 collector's editions sitting on the shelves a year or so after the game came out (didn't get one though because I lacked funds at the time)

It was a huge thing when they announced the CE. They sold out within hours, then every time they managed to squeeze some more supply out of it, they sold it immediately. Their supplier for the Pipboys has said they literally cannot make anymore than they're scheduled for.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Also, chromdom here's a pic of a lunchbox. The Fallout one is the only one I actually own.

a07otg3t0awt.jpg

That's pretty cool. Wish I had a way to reward that...
    Wait, ok, here we go:
    The prize for showing a lunchbox is 4 lunchboxes, and because you showed a Fallout lunchbox, I'll throw you another one. Sound good? Good!

<.<
    >.>

Check your inbox...

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Bethesda finished up voice recording for Fallout 4 today, with 111k lines of dialogue, more than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined.

Yeah! Yeah okay!

Wow - and I'm still only going to listen to about ten percent of it because I skip once I've speed-read the subtitles.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.