As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Cabela’s African Adventures

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Cabela’s African Adventures

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Cabela's African Adventures.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    HoutzensteinHoutzenstein JBLM, WARegistered User new member
    Hey baby, let's slow things down....show me yo vitals...

• Options
    angryroosterangryrooster Registered User regular
    This was quite entertaining, but again, it would be great to see the entire unedited video... I would love to see what the *actual* first 15 minutes of the game look like, rather than just cutting to the "interesting" bits. If that means sitting silently through a load screen, so be it, but I imagine load screens offer ample time for Gabe and Tycho to deliver witty banter. Maybe you could release the edited version and then a second "uncut" version of each of these videos?

• Options
    captainwhimsycaptainwhimsy Registered User new member
    Never bring a Zebra to a gunfight

• Options
    eth333eth333 Registered User new member
    I'd like Cabelas to sponsor a real hunting trip for you two.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I didn't even know that Grand Theft Poacher was... a thing. But weren't these games originally first person simulators?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    WhirblewindWhirblewind Registered User new member
    Didn't find the video all that fun with all the cuts made to it.

• Options
    LadyGwennyLadyGwenny Registered User regular
    Many, many hyenas were killed in the making of this video.

• Options
    Ryan A. ElliottRyan A. Elliott Registered User regular
    This is now one of my new favorite things on PA. But I would REALLY like the videos to be longer.

...I know that runs antithesis to calling the show First15, which IS catchy with the alliteration and all, but...man. Mike and Jerry are so entertaining and funny to watch/listen to that I wouldn't mind if it was called First30 or First60.

First55 sounds pretty good, just saying!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Mork Krahollow and Jormy Horpkins huh

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    monsterbreathmonsterbreath Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Not the best timed cuts, I agree. Pretty funny though.

And honestly, if the idea is to play the first 15 minutes of a game, then just leave in the extra five minutes.

monsterbreath on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    This was quite entertaining, but again, it would be great to see the entire unedited video... I would love to see what the *actual* first 15 minutes of the game look like, rather than just cutting to the "interesting" bits. If that means sitting silently through a load screen, so be it, but I imagine load screens offer ample time for Gabe and Tycho to deliver witty banter. Maybe you could release the edited version and then a second "uncut" version of each of these videos?

Agreed. It feels like the videos are 15 minutes entirely because of branding, not because it's the optimal length.

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    If that means sitting silently through a load screen, so be it, but I imagine load screens offer ample time for Gabe and Tycho to deliver witty banter.

I imagine that's exactly why there are cuts. Mike and Jerry are incredibly funny, but they're not comedy robots: they can't be funny 100% of the time, especially if there's little for them to react to. And to be fair, what they left in the video is goddamn hilarious, so I have no idea why so many people are even bothered by the cuts.

• Options
    KayneKayne Registered User regular
    ok, that was funny as hell. Gotta admit the game looks terrible, but if it went on some crazy steam sale, I;d drop like 5 bucks on it. :D I mean for Christ's sake I paid that much for Azurik: Rise of Perathia

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Edits aren't made to hold back the gold from the viewer. If the video comes in shorter than 15 minutes, it's safe to assume those excised minutes are for the better, than worse.

Also, this video was super funny, and the game sure is a thing. For one, I don't understand what the benefit is of giving you slow-motion after you've shot an animal in the kidney. Here you go, watch it die slowly. Enjoy its suffering!
    edit: although I'm not even asking that from the perspective of finding it barbaric, it just doesn't make sense as a design for the game. Like, you already shot the thing, what do you need the slow assistance for after that?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Edits aren't made to hold back the gold from the viewer. If the video comes in shorter than 15 minutes, it's safe to assume those excised minutes are for the better, than worse.

Also, this video was super funny, and the game sure is a thing. For one, I don't understand what the benefit is of giving you slow-motion after you've shot an animal in the kidney. Here you go, watch it die slowly. Enjoy its suffering!
    edit: although I'm not even asking that from the perspective of finding it barbaric, it just doesn't make sense as a design for the game. Like, you already shot the thing, what do you need the slow assistance for after that?
    It's probably so you can more easily kill its friends and children.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

It's probably so you can more easily kill its friends and children.

Ah, of course. Those assholes.

Also, the aiming looks like complete arse. When your game is about putting a crosshair on a target, it should not be so sensitive and fiddly to do so.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    LittlekittyLittlekitty Registered User new member
    This is pure gold! I enjoy the videos the way they are! It's like sitting down with a couple of friends trying out a video game you might not even pick up. That's what I love about Penny Arcade, honest opinions and pure fun. I think if you want to go watch the first 15 Minutes of a game you should Youtube it, I'd rather laugh along side these guys. Anyways great to see them making videos again! Love it!