As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Witcher Thread Contains Trolls.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Funny thing that only just hit me about the Wild Hunt
    The elven race they belong to are called the Alder Folk, and it was driving me nuts where I had heard that specific tree mentioned in a folkloric context
    And then I remembered my Goethe!
    And realized that this means Eredin is Der Erlkönig

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm up to Ugly Baby now and so far I have
    helped Eskel with the Forktail and Lambert with the phylactery.

How far into the game am I now? I've finished the majority of the Velen, Novigrad and Skellige side quests outside of the gwent and racing stuff and a few Skellige contracts.

You're in Act 2.

To be a bit more specific, if you're done the majority of the sidequests up to Ugly Baby then you're probably about 70% done with the game, give or take

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Funny thing that only just hit me about the Wild Hunt
    The elven race they belong to are called the Alder Folk, and it was driving me nuts where I had heard that specific tree mentioned in a folkloric context
    And then I remembered my Goethe!
    And realized that this means Eredin is Der Erlkönig
    And the previous king was Oberon. Whic is either a Shakespeare reference or a Zelazny reference. Or both.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I don't get the fast travel complaint. There are tons of signposts everywhere.
    one thing is it destroys immersion, because you are often forced to run in the opposite direction of your goal to get to the nearest signpost that lets you teleport closer to the objective

which makes no sense in the world, only in its arbitrary game mechanics

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Still mildly disappointed they didn't stick this song in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvol-YQQ2KI

He's from Sweden, that's kinda close to Poland! Good enough!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Fun fact: The Tallest Man on Earth is actually really short.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i'm still so sad about this enhanced feline armor

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

How can anything that covers up those guns be called an enhancement?

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yeah the basic feline armor model is so good and then the enhanced is like......way less good

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Superior is what I'm using now. It's nice.

• Options
    It has METAL ARMS

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

How can anything that covers up those guns be called an enhancement?

They should have just gone full fantasy armour logic with it and make each improved version cover less and less until it's just two gloves and the pendant.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

But it has a Tactleneck!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah sorry but it's got a tactical turtleneck

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am Champion of Champions now.

• Options
    Bald Mountain
    If only more decisions relating to interdimensional apocalyptic events were decided over a game of rock paper scissors.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Bald Mountain
    If only more decisions relating to interdimensional apocalyptic events were decided over a game of rock paper scissors.

They are such dorks

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I kinda wish I knew that second spoiler before I went and did Triss' stuff last night.
    But Yen's actions during the nameless quests rubbed me the wrong way so hard that I immediately left the Isles and went to talk to Triss.

yes betgirl

join us

Like... (Nameless/The Calm before the Storm)
    I get why Yen was in a hurry and all that. But I'm so not down with using someone else's powerful religious site as a battery to talk to a dead guy and also necromancy is pretty fucked up! That corpse was screaming!

Fuck all of it, no thank you, check please

bad parent opinions

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Starting to enjoy this a fair bit; it has way too many quests. Like, they're fun and all, but there are too many? There are too many.

The fast travel continues to annoy. Summon horse, ride to nearest signpost, dismount, travel to signpost nearest quest marker, call horse, ride to objective. Yoooooooo. Yo. That is not okay.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I kinda wish I knew that second spoiler before I went and did Triss' stuff last night.
    But Yen's actions during the nameless quests rubbed me the wrong way so hard that I immediately left the Isles and went to talk to Triss.

yes betgirl

join us

I get why Yen was in a hurry and all that. But I'm so not down with using someone else's powerful religious site as a battery to talk to a dead guy and also necromancy is pretty fucked up! That corpse was screaming!

bad parent opinions

Eh

I was very much not into it.
    I get the "do anything for your kids" argument, but I'm gonna draw the line at resurrecting the dead and destroying a community's religious gardens.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I rarely use horses and boats. The Witcher 3 is a run/walk/swim game for me. The racing is soo bad.

I think the Encumbrance system is bad though. Even with the best saddlebags, I'm generally rolling with 144/160 when I sell my excess items.
    Meaning, I'm carrying an extra set of witcher gear and the rest of it is ".01" individually weighted crafting supplies.
    I can't pick up much loot, even with the fiend decoction bumping the weight maximum up to 180.
    There really should be storage somewhere.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    so with endings
    radovid overran the north, emyhr died, yen and geralt had a happy life and ciri witched around

also the turtleneck on feline armor looks dumb as hell

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options

yes betgirl

join us

bad parent opinions

Eh

I get the "do anything for your kids" argument, but I'm gonna draw the line at resurrecting the dead and destroying a community's religious gardens.

full Neeson, no exceptions

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The Nithing was maybe the easiest moral choice i've had to make so far.

Aistan on
  • Options
    so with endings
    radovid overran the north, emyhr died, yen and geralt had a happy life and ciri witched around

also the turtleneck on feline armor looks dumb as hell

ending
    Man the Radovid ending is fuckin' dark

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular

yes betgirl

join us

bad parent opinions

Eh

Ciri isn't just a kid though, she is far more important than a single shrine to Freya.

It's absolutely understandable that the community would tell you to fuck off for that though. Not everyone knows the potential danger of Ciri's power.

• Options
    Holy crap, Bald Mountain
    Damn, that pocket sand Igni was dirty as hell.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy crap, Bald Mountain
    Damn, that pocket sand Igni was dirty as hell.

shi shi shawwwwwwwwwwww

• Options
    One of my favorite things about the final battle

endgame spoilers
    Is the way Eredin talks all that good shit about fighting Geralt. He ain't scared of Geralt, he's got this witcher shit PEGGED, bring it on you pale little man

And by this point you're so beefed out on various things - and maybe you are running archgriffin decoction, like me - that the boss fight itself is a cakewalk because it can't be anything else

And the designers know it. In the cutscene that ends the fight Geralt is practically toying with him while Eredin is fighting for his life, he goes in for a serious blow and Geralt does the very sort of maneuver Eredin made fun of and takes out his god damn eye, and with the same nonchalance stabs him through the god damn chest

It was never a question of who was going to win that fight, because Eredin is an inter-dimensional wizard king motherfucker, but Geralt is Geralt and you're not going to be able to kill Geralt in a sword fight

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Endgame
    Immerlith was way harder than Eredin

Maybe he should've been in charge

Should've thought of a cool voice changing helmet, buddy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I was finishing isle of mists when it got super dusty and all this stuff was in my eyes

• Options
    Speaking of Isle of Mists
    It literally only just occurred to me who those Dwarves were.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Skellige
    How does anyone even think Hjalmar would be a better ruler than Cerys, sheesh

....also I kind of want a reason to make a Cerys costume because she is neat-o

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Skellige
    How does anyone even think Hjalmar would be a better ruler than Cerys, sheesh

....also I kind of want a reason to make a Cerys costume because she is neat-o
    Hjalmar would've been a good traditional ruler of Skellige

But, fortunately for Skellige, what the Witcher universe needs is to break from as many traditions as possible

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Ooooo, one DLC this week. What number is that? 11? 13?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I feel like, with all of this free stuff, when they release the first legit DLC add on, I'll have an entirely new game to play.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I feel like, with all of this free stuff, when they release the first legit DLC add on, I'll have an entirely new game to play.

The two announced expansions are supposed to be 10 and 20 hours long

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Glad I bought the season pass. I never do, but I had a feeling about this one.

• Options
    Through Time and Space
    I was expecting a terrifying cry of "OOOOO LAAAAAHH" to burst out of nowhere the whole time I was in that red moss world.

This discussion has been closed.